OT: German school gunman 'kills 16'

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

Re: OT: German school gunman 'kills 16'

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Heard this on the news this morning. The thing that pisses me off about the news was they had to add "He was dressed in all black". WTF does that have to do with anything? Next they'll go through his ipod playlists.

May sound like a stupid pet peeve, but I find it annoying when they throw in little factoids that aren't in any way related to the story.

"A former alter boy............" oh STFU.

mr.adl

Post by mr.adl » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:40 pm

beats me wrote:The thing that pisses me off about the news was they had to add "He was dressed in all black". WTF does that have to do with anything? Next they'll go through his ipod playlists.

May sound like a stupid pet peeve, but I find it annoying when they throw in little factoids that aren't in any way related to the story.

I am with you on this one, even i don´t think somebody dressed like this would do sick shit like that:

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:34 pm

I have a close friend in the neighbor village... shocking :(

And he wasn't dressed all black as far as I read the news. He was wearing army camouflage.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:47 pm

we get these weekly in the US. lately some guy shot an Alabama preacher during the service, blew the shit out of his bible, got the preacher in the neck, got tackled and fell on his own knife.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:03 pm

he passed realschule (junior high i guess) and didnt found a job like his peers.
and the media over here was like: "its possible that he was into killer games and/or violent movies blablabla"

stupid,

davec1

Post by davec1 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:38 pm

in germany, it only takes the media a couple of hours to start blaming Counterstrike, usually...

then again the media has never bothered with the distinction between correlation and causality, cause and effect....

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:42 pm

beats me wrote:Heard this on the news this morning. The thing that pisses me off about the news was they had to add "He was dressed in all black". WTF does that have to do with anything? Next they'll go through his ipod playlists.

"A former alter boy............" oh STFU.

Agreed.

The reality: people like this have abnormal pre-frontal lobe activity in their brain, causing malfunctions in the process that filters primal tendencies from the realm of average thought. Also, being bullied at just the right time in life (during specific developmental phases in the brain) can have permanent repercussions in how the brain handles serotonin, almost voiding its effect in the brain.

The bullshit: video games/movies/music/fashion caused the soandso douchebag to go out and kill people...did Hitler play play Grand Theft Auto? Did Ed Gein see Psycho? I wonder what the Boston Strangler's high score was on Hitman 3, or if he liked Marilyn Manson - what a crock of shit.

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:01 pm

He wasn't pleased with the v. 8 beta and was gunning for Ableton HQ

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:18 pm

Geezus wrote:He wasn't pleased with the v. 8 beta and was gunning for Ableton HQ
Ouch. :|
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x