OT (enough) vidya game thredddd - Fallout 3 (lounge?)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
john doe by choice

Re: OT:official (enough) vidya game thredddd - FALLOUT 3

Post by john doe by choice » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:03 am

Ok, so I'm super late to this game, obviously, but I just got Fallout 3 today, with L4D and Halo 3 on their way...gearing up for a quiet fall, saving money, studying, and playing my new games.

Anyway, I'm going to go a week or so figuring this game out, then ready for online action with you ableton foos, but I wanted to ask if the extra content/packs are worth the money.

Is that Sam Fischer's voice in the opener? Hrmmm...I'm a giant splinter cell fan, now becoming more intrigued.

Post yer XBox ID's, too, dammit.

Mine is : Jon Lon Bishop (Herbert is my hero, what can I say)

contakt321

Re: OT:official (enough) vidya game thredddd - FALLOUT 3

Post by contakt321 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:20 am

I am almost done w/ the Broken Steel DLC - this one is crucial b/c it raises the level cap to 30 and allows you to play past the ending of the game.

john doe by choice

Re: OT:official (enough) vidya game thredddd - HALO 3: ODST

Post by john doe by choice » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Alright, I picked up HALO 3 ODST last month, but didn't get around to opening it until last week...

Gorgeous. Really. How HALO should have been from the start, although, I just tried playing HALO 1 on my 360, and it just sucks after playing ODST...the controls seem to be kinda bogged down, and the graphics, ugh. Congrats to you, oh great 360, I'm now spoiled on your beautiful new graphics and can't play any of my original xbox games that I held on to (except for Manhunt...there will always be a soft spot in my heart for good old Manhunt).

Any thoughts on ODST from you guys? I love the looks, and have really gotten into it, but the departure from the previous "rail" system/addition of a long list of achievements leaves me feeling like I'm missing a whole lot out of the game, since I'm the guy who likes to play the first round without going to the walkthroughs posted online.

Anyone else digging on ODST?

(BTW, I never really got very far in Fallout 3 - the graphics and story movement don't do it for me, but maybe I'll finish it one of these days)

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:36 pm

I enjoyed ODST while it lasted but it is kind of short. I don't play multiplayer online so I only judge games by their single-player campaign. But for HALO it was actually a good take on it. It actually makes you want to pop in HALO 3 and be Master Chief to see the difference because you really get the sense in ODST that you're not some superhuman badass, which is a great contrast. I'm more into stealth play and ODST affords a lot more chances to play in that style.
Unsound Designer

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:44 pm

I'm about 3/4ths the way through my second playthrough of Dragon Age Origins, first game I immediately started a new campaign on after beating it the first time. Probably the first game I've played where the decisions and conversations you make REALLY have an impact on the entire game play. Impossible to really become a super bad ass like a lot of RPG's too, so no matter what level you are it's always challenging.

Parents got us a Wii for xmas unexpectedly, still not sure what to think about that. Needed a game I could use two player with the wife, and kept hearing good things about Mario Galaxy so we bought that this week. Hard to go from something like Fallout3 or DAO on the 360 to Mario on a Wii though, feels too much like it's just for little kids. I'm going to get Dead Space Extraction and give it another chance, but I think likely we'll end up selling it. MOtion control is cool, but the games and graphics are kind of weak.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:07 am

Tarekith wrote:I'm about 3/4ths the way through my second playthrough of Dragon Age Origins, first game I immediately started a new campaign on after beating it the first time. Probably the first game I've played where the decisions and conversations you make REALLY have an impact on the entire game play. Impossible to really become a super bad ass like a lot of RPG's too, so no matter what level you are it's always challenging.

Parents got us a Wii for xmas unexpectedly, still not sure what to think about that. Needed a game I could use two player with the wife, and kept hearing good things about Mario Galaxy so we bought that this week. Hard to go from something like Fallout3 or DAO on the 360 to Mario on a Wii though, feels too much like it's just for little kids. I'm going to get Dead Space Extraction and give it another chance, but I think likely we'll end up selling it. MOtion control is cool, but the games and graphics are kind of weak.
The Wii is a party machine. Besides games like Metroid and Zelda I would never sit and play Wii like I do my 360 and ps3. The best games are the Wii Resort games that you play with a bunch of people at a party. That is genuinely a fun thing.
Unsound Designer

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:21 am

Yeah that's kind of the impression I'm getting.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:25 am

My girl wants the whole Wii fit package, but I almost got it just to play that new Dead Space game you just mentioned (I bought a game cube just so I could play RE4 without having to wait for the PS2 port - go figure).

If you get Dead Space, tell us how it is...I am a huge fan of the first one.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:11 am

Yeah, I don't usually like FPS's, but the first Dead Space was a lot of fun. Sounds like we're off to get Resort Sports right now though, wife invited some people over to play Wii tonight without letting me know.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:30 am

That's usually when I say "I have a project due" and hang out in the office with the door closed.

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:32 am

john doe by choice wrote:That's usually when I say "I have a project due" and hang out in the office with the door closed.
Youre not fooling anyone.

But if youll excuse me, I have a project due.

:lol:
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:04 am

adventurepants_ wrote:
john doe by choice wrote:That's usually when I say "I have a project due" and hang out in the office with the door closed.
Youre not fooling anyone.

But if youll excuse me, I have a project due.

:lol:
I believe you 100% 8) :wink:

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Just want to mention that Assassins Creed 2 is amazing! A vast improvement on the first and an all around great story. Anyone tried it?

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Tarekith wrote:I'm about 3/4ths the way through my second playthrough of Dragon Age Origins, first game I immediately started a new campaign on after beating it the first time. Probably the first game I've played where the decisions and conversations you make REALLY have an impact on the entire game play. Impossible to really become a super bad ass like a lot of RPG's too, so no matter what level you are it's always challenging.
I'm loving Dragon Age. I'm still on my first playthrough and really savouring it. Before Dragon Age i played Batman Arkham Asylum which was also rather excellent.
There's a lot of interesting games coming out this year too. I don't know where i'm going to find the time..

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:48 pm

I dl'd Trials HD for Xbox 360. It's basically a modern day Excitebike and it is AWESOME!! So fun and addictive! The Hard and Extreme tracks are just ridiculously difficult, but still fun. It's a 2d side-scroller in a 3d high-def environment. The physics in the game are insane as well!

And the best part....you can create your own tracks using the very extensive editor function, and share tracks with friends. The track editor is robust...they used it to create the tracks in the game.

Not bad for a $15 download.