OT (enough) vidya game thredddd - Fallout 3 (lounge?)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hoffman2k

Re: OT - RE5: RENAMED to official (enough) vidya game threddddd

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:51 pm

beats me wrote:^the analog out doesn't work either. I may have to try this $200 adaptor (booooooo) and get a HDMI switch for multiple components and see what happens. At least that's a lot cheaper than buying a new projector that can handle this shit by default.

But I still don't get why this signal passes perfectly fine to a TV digital or analog, but connecting it to a projector is some kind of violation or encription problem. Are they worried people are going to turn their home theaters into actual theaters and start charging admission?
Since the web is full of .mkv files, I dare to say HD DRM is already obsolete.
Just read up on how these things get cracked, its so ridiculously easy.

That being said, don't spend 200$ based on my comments. My comments are an educated guess at best. I know what HDCP is, because I couldn't use my PS3 with my regular VGA screen. Despite using one of those upscaling converter boxes. Which basically take the SD signal and "make it look HD".
I just bought an HDCP compliant screen, but I needed a new one anyway. So it wasn't that big of a deal for me. And I can't say I regret having a 1680x1050 resolution on the mac.

I'd hunt some forums before you buy anything. You aren't the first person with this problem and I bet there must be some cool and cheap solutions by now.
A quick google search shows "HD Fury" at 60$, but I can't personally recommend it on the count of never having used it.

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:49 am

It's all about Fallout 3! Loving. That. Game.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:20 am

ive been playing left 4 dead for a couple of weeks. absolutely loving it. whats not to love about zombies?

Forum Versus match?

Fallout 3 killed me, played it through twice, once as bad, once as good, still probably had 25% of the game i havent seen. Best game of last year, worst ending ever!

Currently playing Braid. Its the closest ive ever seen a computer game come to narrative beauty, the music and artwork is stunning. Its a platform game at heart, but so much more.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:14 pm

adventurepants_ wrote:ive been playing left 4 dead for a couple of weeks. absolutely loving it. whats not to love about zombies?

Forum Versus match?

Fallout 3 killed me, played it through twice, once as bad, once as good, still probably had 25% of the game i havent seen. Best game of last year, worst ending ever!

Currently playing Braid. Its the closest ive ever seen a computer game come to narrative beauty, the music and artwork is stunning. Its a platform game at heart, but so much more.
I'd be up for a forum versus. I'm moving right now though so i wont be online for another week or so probably. Love the zombies. It never gets old.

I think the music in Braid was amazing. Combined with a gorgeous and surprisingly deep story line (metaphor for nuclear war) its definitely a hit.

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Braid is amazing. The atmosphere created was unlike anything I've experienced in a game before.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:31 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
beats me wrote:^the analog out doesn't work either. I may have to try this $200 adaptor (booooooo) and get a HDMI switch for multiple components and see what happens. At least that's a lot cheaper than buying a new projector that can handle this shit by default.

But I still don't get why this signal passes perfectly fine to a TV digital or analog, but connecting it to a projector is some kind of violation or encription problem. Are they worried people are going to turn their home theaters into actual theaters and start charging admission?
Since the web is full of .mkv files, I dare to say HD DRM is already obsolete.
Just read up on how these things get cracked, its so ridiculously easy.

That being said, don't spend 200$ based on my comments. My comments are an educated guess at best. I know what HDCP is, because I couldn't use my PS3 with my regular VGA screen. Despite using one of those upscaling converter boxes. Which basically take the SD signal and "make it look HD".
I just bought an HDCP compliant screen, but I needed a new one anyway. So it wasn't that big of a deal for me. And I can't say I regret having a 1680x1050 resolution on the mac.

I'd hunt some forums before you buy anything. You aren't the first person with this problem and I bet there must be some cool and cheap solutions by now.
A quick google search shows "HD Fury" at 60$, but I can't personally recommend it on the count of never having used it.
I did a google search on the issue before I dropped the question here and that's what brought me to several recommendations for the HD Fury 2, the more expensive one but the one I would need. Without looking it up I don't think the first HD Fury is HDMI. Beyond that I couldn't find any other work arounds.

The thing is I'm not looking for superior video quality, just any video image at all would be fine by me.

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:25 pm

LEFT 4 DEAD DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT RELEASED!!

more info here

Can't wait to get home and play Survivor Mode!!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Good to see they announced the Broken Steel DLC finally fo Fallout3 too. Can't wait to get a real ending finally (hopefully).

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu May 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Exclusive for PS3 owners with a US account. Download Ragdoll Kung-fu (10$) for free, just log on to the store and go to the nascar section. Not sure how long it lasts...

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Fri May 15, 2009 3:17 am

logic_user99 wrote:It's all about Fallout 3! Loving. That. Game.
i tell you whats really giving me the shits - xbox users getting 3 expansion packs for fallout 3. the last one being "broken steel" [this removes the ending, makes it free roaming and ups the exp to level 30. what do ps3 owners get..... dicked!!

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Fri May 15, 2009 4:12 am

nuperspective wrote:
i tell you whats really giving me the shits - xbox users getting 3 expansion packs for fallout 3. the last one being "broken steel" [this removes the ending, makes it free roaming and ups the exp to level 30. what do ps3 owners get..... dicked!!
PC gets the expansions as well. sucks to be PS3!
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Fri May 15, 2009 4:17 am

nuperspective wrote:
PS3 owners tend to get fucked like this repeatedly - I'm happy I went with the 360, but it's ridiculous that these expansions aren't available to everyone.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri May 15, 2009 8:35 am

:lol:

First they announced DJ Hero http://twitpic.com/4pi14

Now! Break your neck from the comfort of your own home with the new Tony Hawk..

aizo

Post by aizo » Fri May 15, 2009 9:16 am

all these new games and I'm still playing 2D fighting games. I just love playing MUGEN all the time. Still making my character.

I'm never bored.

Live when I don't feel like spriting.
Spriting when I get writers block
ImageImage

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Fri May 15, 2009 9:25 am

Nick the Zombie wrote:
nuperspective wrote:
PS3 owners tend to get fucked like this repeatedly - I'm happy I went with the 360, but it's ridiculous that these expansions aren't available to everyone.
It's a damn shame. I really wanted to play that extra game, but there's no way in hell that I'm buing a sodding XBox!
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |