so what do you eat??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

what do you eat??

Nothing with eyes (Vegi)
16%
Nothing that comes from anything that has/had eyes (Vegan)
6%
Kosher
1%
Halal
1%
Everything that moves really
75%

Total votes: 85

bosonHavoc

Re: so what do you eat??

Post by bosonHavoc » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:20 pm

slatepipe wrote:i eat plenty fish, birds and other assorted small animals.
lol are you a Bear or a wolf?

o and i'm eating this right now

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:14 pm

now i'm eating this :)

abletoff

Post by abletoff » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:14 pm

bosonHavoc wrote: Image

Nice toenail!
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:18 pm

abletoff wrote: Nice toenail!
I was looking in the soup!
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:24 pm

the_planet wrote:I'm an omnivore.
I see no reason to limit your palate when there are such delicious things to eat!
However, when I eat meat, I usually silently thank the animal for sustaining me.
It's obvious that you feel a little inkling as to why you might wish to "limit your palate".

The sentiment is for you, not the non-human animals involved.

Sorry, but I have put this into what I consider a legitimate context:
the_planet in 1809 wrote:I'm a slave owner.
I see no reason to limit your labor choices when there is such free labor available!
However, when I beat and work my slaves to death, I usually silently thank the slave for sustaining me.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Spackled Bat

Post by Spackled Bat » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:10 pm

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:26 pm

:lol:

I asked a coworker if he would ever eat that stuff & he said "no, never!".

I then proceeded to point at his McD's bag and proclaim that one day, he will have no choice!

shai

Post by shai » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:37 pm

Spackled Bat wrote:How about some shmeat.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colber ... j---shmeat
peta are crazy. i love them

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:46 pm

veggie since 1993.

Jonny B

Post by Jonny B » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:55 am

jez3122 wrote:
shai wrote:one conclusion so far - meat eaters talk more :lol:
where are the proud cats-savers on board???
Mmmmmm..........cat..........drool
lol :lol: :mrgreen:

aisling

Post by aisling » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:32 am

Every now and then a good 'meat-shake' does a body good. :wink:
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

six_o_clock_crow
Location: Portsmouth: small town near Havant & Waterlooville, UK

Post by six_o_clock_crow » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:03 am

logic_user99 wrote:I rarely eat 'junk' food; never a fast-food joint like CackDonanlds or KFC. Primarily I'll eat vegetarian (as my partner is, and it's easier to cook one meal) but if we're out, I might have a steak or a meaty curry or something.

I've gotten into a routine of eating when I need to eat, and eating as healthy as possible; low fat, low carb, low sugar. Lots of fruit & veg. I do like the occasional chinese meal or pizza, but we have them so rarely, they don't really register on my index.

Tasty.
Hey Logic, do you know the name of a curry house near Rock City in Nottingham? It's quite distinctive because it has photos of celebrities that have eaten there plastered all over the walls? Went there once when visiting a mate in the City. Best Tikka Massala ever, beacuse it was nice and spicy instead of bland and overly creamy like they usually are!

Back to the general conversation... I'm 31 now, and in the past couple of years I've tried to cut out all junk food, save for the occasional take away. My wife and I pretty much exclusively cook from scratch: no pre-bought sauces etc. We make all our pasta sauces, pesto etc from raw ingredients.

I've cut down on meat a lot. Don't get me wrong, I love a good steak or roast dinner etc, and my dad used to be a butcher so I was brought up around decent meat. But that's the point: I go to a local, award winning butcher for my meat nowadays. I view it as a treat rather than what I used to do, which is that every meal HAD to have meat in it. I eat a lot more fish too.

Some meals, I've found, don't benefit from meat anyway. I mean, I love curry and have found that my favourite - dhansak - is actually better as a veggie curry. Meat adds nothing to the flavour because it all comes from the spices.

Oh yeah, and I've cut down a HELL of a lot on booze :D And I genuinely feel so much better for it. I still drink pretty much every weekend, but vastly less, and I'll stick to a decent bottle of wine rather than cheap lager or spirits like I did in my teens/early 20's :D I guess that comes from having a bit more money these days! I also can't resist trying a new 'real ale', and I am struggling with cutting down on tea...

On a related subject, I would like to see the UK government substantially tax unhealthy foods, raise the tax on booze and tobbacco, and use the extra income to subsidise the cost of fresh fruit and veg, and organic meat/fish/dairy.

And on another related subject... there are many compelling arguements for reducing the amout of meat (especially red meat) you consume. There are equally persuasive studies that show a BALANCED diet (with a range of fruit, veg, dairy, meat and fish) is the key to a long and healthy life.
HARDWARE:
Vaio laptop / M-Audio Transit / Zoom H2 /
Alesis M1 Active 520's / Sennheiser EH2200's
Behringer BCR2000 / misc. instruments & toys

SOFTWARE:
Live 7 / Sound Forge Audio Studio

Ana Retired

Post by Ana Retired » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:09 pm

I eat everything. Meat, fish, vegetables, etc.. except exotic food…
BTW I just want to ask, is there anyone among this group eat exotic food?

Last edited by Ana Retired on Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Ana Retired wrote:I eat everything. Meat, fish, vegetables, etc.. except exotic food…
BTW I just want to ask, is there anyone among this group eat exotic food?
What counts as exotic?
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:46 pm

exotic?

i eat quails. the other week i ate a barracuda

i bought some egusi down dalston market recently. the woman who sold it me was amazed i knew what it was

we have half a chow chow in the fridge

last weekend i made some mandioca frita and pao de queijo. tasty. i love brazilian food