so what do you eat??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

what do you eat??

Nothing with eyes (Vegi)
16%
Nothing that comes from anything that has/had eyes (Vegan)
6%
Kosher
1%
Halal
1%
Everything that moves really
75%

Total votes: 85

slatepipe

Re: so what do you eat??

Post by slatepipe » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:46 pm

exotic?

i eat quails. the other week i ate a barracuda

i bought some egusi down dalston market recently. the woman who sold it me was amazed i knew what it was

we have half a chow chow in the fridge

last weekend i made some mandioca frita and pao de queijo. tasty. i love brazilian food

sgx

Post by sgx » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:49 pm

I eat everything, but I'm trying to cut back on fast food, red meats, and fatty stuff in general.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:06 pm

six_o_clock_crow wrote: And on another related subject... there are many compelling arguements for reducing the amout of meat (especially red meat) you consume. There are equally persuasive studies that show a BALANCED diet (with a range of fruit, veg, dairy, meat and fish) is the key to a long and healthy life.
Dairy, meat and fish have no place in a balanced diet for a primate that has the shortest canines and a long intestinal tract.

Any healthy diet that includes them will stress moderation and will not take into account hormones, pesticides, and disease that is inherent in the process.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Daim

Post by Daim » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:57 pm

I'm pescetarian.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:58 pm

I'm probably going live/raw foods soon. Starting to feel the irish/english genes in full effect. Not trying to offend any locals from there, but we with that set of genes tend to look 60 at 40 compared to others, and live food really does work at cleaning up the skin, diminishing or ridding oneself of any allergies, rashes, etc. and getting rid of middle age paunch. I did it before about 4 years ago, and it felt really good.

Before the jokes set in, live/raw food is best done organic and vegan, so no scenes of people running after cows with butcher knives in hand. :lol:

aisling

Post by aisling » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:31 pm

Machinesworking wrote:I'm probably going live/raw foods soon. Starting to feel the irish/english genes in full effect. Not trying to offend any locals from there, but we with that set of genes tend to look 60 at 40 compared to others, and live food really does work at cleaning up the skin, diminishing or ridding oneself of any allergies, rashes, etc. and getting rid of middle age paunch. I did it before about 4 years ago, and it felt really good.

Before the jokes set in, live/raw food is best done organic and vegan, so no scenes of people running after cows with butcher knives in hand. :lol:
I do eat animal products. However, about 3 times a year or every 3-4 months I do a raw food fast (with the exception of a miso, garlic, ginger, onion, kale/cabbage/spinach and tempe soup for dinner if I feel "hungry") for about 5-7 days. It really helps the detox, cleanse, and invigoration process. I don't think raw foods all the time is the answer for my needs, but seasonally (especially in the summer when the body is diverting more energy into keeping cool) I find that it is one of the components to my fountain of youth, combined with resistance training and aerobic exercise. I'll be 40 and despite my baldness, don't look anywhere near my age.....

I also use tremendous amounts of tumeric in almost every thing I can get away with.....
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:31 am

aisling wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:I'm probably going live/raw foods soon. Starting to feel the irish/english genes in full effect. Not trying to offend any locals from there, but we with that set of genes tend to look 60 at 40 compared to others, and live food really does work at cleaning up the skin, diminishing or ridding oneself of any allergies, rashes, etc. and getting rid of middle age paunch. I did it before about 4 years ago, and it felt really good.

I do eat animal products. However, about 3 times a year or every 3-4 months I do a raw food fast (with the exception of a miso, garlic, ginger, onion, kale/cabbage/spinach and tempe soup for dinner if I feel "hungry") for about 5-7 days. It really helps the detox, cleanse, and invigoration process. I don't think raw foods all the time is the answer for my needs, but seasonally (especially in the summer when the body is diverting more energy into keeping cool) I find that it is one of the components to my fountain of youth, combined with resistance training and aerobic exercise. I'll be 40 and despite my baldness, don't look anywhere near my age.....

I also use tremendous amounts of tumeric in almost every thing I can get away with.....
Just got a case of acid reflux lately. Too much coffee etc. and I've long suspected a low level allergy to either soy or wheat. One sure fire way to go hardcore alkaline diet wise is by eating a tone of greens and little carbs etc. We'll see, but I know the five or so months I did it before was pretty cool. 8)

Any reason for the turmeric besides liking the flavor?

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:30 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
aisling wrote:

Just got a case of acid reflux lately. Too much coffee etc. and I've long suspected a low level allergy to either soy or wheat. One sure fire way to go hardcore alkaline diet wise is by eating a tone of greens and little carbs etc. We'll see, but I know the five or so months I did it before was pretty cool. 8)

Any reason for the turmeric besides liking the flavor?
The coffee is the hardest toxin of them all to give up for me.....I admittedly drink to much that I probably run a net acid ash similar to the average hamburger and hot-dog eating schmuck. One of the reasons I like tempe as a preferred soy source is that due to its fermentation, should not illicit an allergic response. I don't have concrete evidence about this, I have heard it from the gape vine (Dr Andrew Weil). Google Turmeric, it is known for a variety of anti inflammatory, ant-microbial, anti-viral, and vasodilatory abilities.....After a while, it is rather tasteless, unless you're mixing with Cumin and other Curry ingredients.
Anthropologically (this is my own theory) I think that during the summer time, man was made to eat primarily raw foods, fruits and nuts. The animal proteins would have been consumed in the fall and winter as a way to add body fat for insulation and energy expenditure......

Also, although cliche, juicing is wonderful (as I am sure you know) for detox. Not so much fruit juice as they just give you lots of sugar, but veggie juices.....
A personal favorite is cucumber, ginger, carrot, and beets........With an occasional apple added for the sugar boost. Also Hot apple cider (organic) vinegar with Honey (maple syrup if you don't go that way) is a good hot beverage to substitute for coffee.....

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:57 pm

What's funny is that I'm sure before tools that humans got some non-plant based food. I just happen to think it was almost all bugs.

Coffee water & tea are almost all I drink.

Hooked on Gen Mai Cha as of late (Japanese rice tea).
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:21 pm

fuck that noise.

beer and a burger... nom nom nom nom nom.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Tone Deft wrote:fuck that noise.

Damn I got hungry now.
KnobCloud - marketplace for audio software

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Tone Deft wrote:fuck that noise.

Where is the bacon? Thats is a pansy burger. 8)
Makes me want to go to the East bay and get my Barney's on.....

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:30 pm

true dat!

google image search let me down.

ever have blue cheese on a burger? omfg.

there are Barney's in SF, no reason to go to the east bay. best burger might be at Magnolia, although I'm also a fan of the Connecticut Yankee.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:32 pm

Tone Deft wrote:true dat!

I can even top the blue cheese and suggest a horseradish cheese mixture....But blue cheese is a great second

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:34 pm

Tone Deft wrote:true dat!

there are Barney's in SF, no reason to go to the east bay. best burger might be at Magnolia, although I'm also a fan of the Connecticut Yankee.
All great burgers the places you mention.......I forgot about Barney's in SF.