DJ Megaset 1.0 - Free Download

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
COSM

DJ Megaset 1.0 - Free Download

Post by COSM » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:03 am

I have spent a lot of time on an Ableton Live template for DJs who wish to do more than just mix from track to track. This Megaset has various advanced effects, chains, racks and dummy clips, so doing real time remixes of music on the fly is a breeze, you don't even need a fancy controller as the fun parameters are mapped out to keys on your computer keyboard (there is a key chart included in the package).

I released this to make people more aware of the current tools available for DJing these days. If you are one of those people that like to argue that using software that beatmaches for you isn't real DJing, this set is definantly not for you.

I have also gathered some music from friends of mine who I think are exceptionally talented, chopped them up into loops (intro, break, drop etc) and added them to the template, so anyone can download this and start mixing straight away.

Here is a track listing

Antix - Circade (Tom Cosm Remix)
Splinter - Tribal Funk
Mr Squatch - Corronation Beat
Animaltek - Pook
Pettro - Epicurus
Tom Cosm - Up At The Downs
Phat Riderz + Marz - You Need Love (Opiuo Remix)
Circuit Bent - New Electro
Monkey Trouble - Moa Groove
Grouch - Trashouth
Spoonhead - Tracing The Shadow
SattelLight - Complete Understand

All tracks are free! Massive thanks to these guys who contributed, it wouldn't be as nearly as punchy without you.

Click here to download the DJ Megaset 1.0 (200megs)

http://cosm.co.nz/ableton/djmegaset/Tom ... %201.0.zip

Click here to download a demo of Ableton Live

http://www.ableton.com/demo

And here is the in depth tutorial video, follow the link to vimeo if you wish to watch/download this in HD (1080).

http://vimeo.com/3773783

Enjoy!

-Tom

pedx1ng

Re: DJ Megaset 1.0 - Free Download

Post by pedx1ng » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:21 am

Wow mate, this is huge. I have been toying with the idea of trying to learn some DJ stuff and this looks like it will be a perfect reason to finally try it. Thanks a bunch for sharing your knowledge, quite selfless!

MetalCube

Post by MetalCube » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:24 pm

This is great. Now I can experiment and see what would work for a production to live set.

COSM

Post by COSM » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:56 am

bump

cacti

Post by cacti » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:31 am

spanks

COSM

Post by COSM » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:19 am

1000+ downloads in the last 24 hours, bet my hosting loves me today

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:38 am

On the DL now. Thanks Tom :D
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

COSM

Post by COSM » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:27 am

3000+

Do feel free to comment if you have had a play with this, both positive and negative comments welcome.

-Tom

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:50 am

Had a little play (20 mins) last night - great set Tom and quite different to how I have my DJ template set up.

I'll comment further when I've had a chance to properly rinse it out, but there's certainly some elements there that I'll be incorporating. Look forward to trying it out with my faderfoxes.

Having grabbed this and your live megaset you can expect a donation from me come payday!
ob1techno.com

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:17 am

COSM wrote:3000+

Do feel free to comment if you have had a play with this, both positive and negative comments welcome.

-Tom
ouch, you definetly should look into torrenting that stuff ...

COSM

Post by COSM » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:51 pm

I hear what you mean about the bandwidth... it doesn't appear to be a huge problem at the moment.. I am with bluehost and they give a ridiculous amount of bandwidth for the money... but it does get a bit slow sometime.

The problem with Torrenting is a) I have no idea how to do it and b) as I understand.. you need to have a few seeders or have it online constantly yeh? I am on a mobile broadband connection at my house (no phone line or coverage with cable) so I have to pay per meg for up and down....

I'm reluctant to ask for help from the board too, because as I said I am a bit in the dark as to how it works, and if it's a big ask to get a few people to get it flowing for me.

Perhaps I will look into it a bit more, it would be good to have all my stuff available via torrents... hell any medium I would love!

Suggestions?

-Tom

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:02 pm

Tom, a few queries about your midi control and routing for your effects. Genuinely interested in what you see as the benefits of how you set it up.

OK, you have three sets of send effects each containing three effects tracks that feed each other.
1. Why do you do that instead of just having all the effects on one track in a large rack?
2. Do you always use dummt clips to aoutmate the effects or do you map the contrlls out to a midi controller too so you go free control with the macro knobs on the racks?
3. Any insight into the combinations of effects you've picked?

Track effects, you just map these out to a controller I guess?

What decisions are you making about what effects are send effects and what are track effects?

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:09 pm

Tom,

It's relatively easy to make a torrent.

I use µTorrent personally (and it's one of the more popular clients) and they have a nice simple guide:

http://utorrent.com/documentation/make-a-torrent

It does depend on having people seed it, but I'm sure there'd be plenty who would be happy to do so - if you've had 3000 DLs already, had those been torrent downloads you'd only need a handful of them to continue seeding for it to be fully available all the time.

The beauty of a torrent is that users don't have to DL the full torrent before they can start sharing it - once they've downloaded even a tiny part of it, they automatically start sharing that part.

I have a free broadband connection at home (thanks to an excellent community wireless project) which is always on and I for one would be happy to help out by seeding a torrent/several torrents for you.

Peace
ob1techno.com

COSM

Post by COSM » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Alrighty lets give this torrent thing a go, I've done my homework and I think I have set this up correctly.

I would really appreciate it if people could help get this running, if I can get a few abes seeding this, then I can post it out through my network and see if it picks up, it would be fantastic if it does.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4797023

I've created the torrent (using VUZE), set it seeding, uploaded it to thepirate bay and I think that's all good!

Let me know if its not working for anyone

-Tom

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:50 pm

I'll get on it when I get home mate :wink:
ob1techno.com