not enough memory error-please help!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djpowder1200

not enough memory error-please help!

Post by djpowder1200 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:16 pm

so i've got a rather large template for djing, and all of a sudden when i try to open it it either tells me ''you don't have enough memory available. please save your project and start over.'' or it just freezes up altogether. i assume this has something to do with my cache, but i don't know what to change to get it working again. can someone PLEASE help me with this. it took weeks to get this template set up, and i really don't wanna start over from scratch.

Parametex

Re: not enough memory error-please help!

Post by Parametex » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:52 pm

i have that happening to me all the time ... On my studio computer (quad 2.4 I think, w/ 3 gigs ram) it regularly hits me with the above msg. If I remember correctly, many time when NI battery 2 is involved.

dj_huck

Post by dj_huck » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:11 pm

i have had that problem before if i try to load too many tracks into RAM. if it is not that i suspect hard disc space is low.

trevorc

Post by trevorc » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:18 pm

is it just a template or is it full of mp3s? if you have too many mp3s loaded your decoding cache won't have space to convert them all to wav - increase the size of the cache in preferences, reduce the number of mp3s in the project or best still, just use wavs to start with.