BCR/BCF2000 users: help needed

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
peeddrroo

BCR/BCF2000 users: help needed

Post by peeddrroo » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:09 am

how do you set up your BCR/BCF and/or Live, so that when you'll open a song, all the encoders/faders will automaticaly jump to their initial value?

2nd question (maybe linked to the first one): do you prefer the BCR/BCF to 'learn' Live, or the other way around? or maybe both... :?

i just got my BCR yesterday, and i can't figure out how to set it up... though i know we're going to do great stuff together... :D

SongCarver

Post by SongCarver » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:11 am

I'm interested in the answer to this too...considering buying a BCF2000

Have any solution arisen?

K

DJALEX

Re: BCR/BCF2000 users: help needed

Post by DJALEX » Fri May 06, 2005 12:05 am

peeddrroo wrote:how do you set up your BCR/BCF and/or Live, so that when you'll open a song, all the encoders/faders will automaticaly jump to their initial value?

2nd question (maybe linked to the first one): do you prefer the BCR/BCF to 'learn' Live, or the other way around? or maybe both... :?

i just got my BCR yesterday, and i can't figure out how to set it up... though i know we're going to do great stuff together... :D
Peeddrrrooooooo!!!!!! Did you resolve that probleam?? couse thas what i wanna to do :wink:
Live 6 - Reason 3 - Fruity Loops - Acid - Sound Forge 7 - UC-33 - BCF 2000 - KeyStation 61 - Arkaos - Sony Vaio lap

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Fri May 06, 2005 9:54 am

ok alex, i think i understand your problem now.
if you have 100 projects, you will have to set the BCF for each of them, not only the "master".
i know it is bad news.

i have never used the "learn" function of the BCR, so maybe it works, i don't know.

maybe you can try it easily: open the default Live template. make your BCF learn one parameter of this Live template (eg: BCF fader 1 = volume of track 1). save this preset in your BCF, and close Live.
reopen Live. if the track volume still reacts to the BCF fader 1, then maybe it will be easy for you.
now try it with your "MASTER": assign a few parameters to the BCF, save the BCF preset.
close everything, reopen, see if it still works.
and then do it with a project "MASTER1" and "MASTER2" (they must be identical, just different names).

if you've got problems just ask.
hopefully it will work, but i'm afraid you will have to do it the hard way: do the mapping for each of your 100 projects... :(

kay101011

Post by kay101011 » Fri May 06, 2005 10:54 am

peeddrroo wrote:how do you set up your BCR/BCF and/or Live, so that when you'll open a song, all the encoders/faders will automaticaly jump to their initial value?
set remote input and remote output to BCR2000(port1) this should work - if you move your fader in ableton now the led ring should follow.
system information:

Powerbook G4 667MHz DVI 512MB RAM
MOTU 828 mkII
OS X 10.4.1
BCR2000

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Fri May 06, 2005 11:28 am

kay101011 wrote:
set remote input and remote output to BCR2000(port1) this should work - if you move your fader in ableton now the led ring should follow.
thanks for your help.
my initial message was posted last july, when both the BCR and Live4 were still quite new and buggy.
now i'm pretty sorted with them (though still discovring new tricks).
but anyhow, thanks for the input, it might help others....

DJALEX

Post by DJALEX » Fri May 06, 2005 1:18 pm

Pedriiittooooo, Thank's for replay, and i still workin whit my als, no choice :evil: Peace :wink:
Live 6 - Reason 3 - Fruity Loops - Acid - Sound Forge 7 - UC-33 - BCF 2000 - KeyStation 61 - Arkaos - Sony Vaio lap

futurestore

bcr

Post by futurestore » Fri May 06, 2005 3:56 pm

You better first try the behringer. Because the quality of the knobs are crap..

Feels like they break every time you turn one.

This ain't bullshit. The machine is great , cheap, looks cool.
But the rotary knobs are just crap..

Greetz

kay101011

Re: bcr

Post by kay101011 » Fri May 06, 2005 4:08 pm

futurestore wrote:You better first try the behringer. Because the quality of the knobs are crap..

Greetz
i disagree about the crap-thing .. ok quality is low .. but it's soooo cheap ... and you can't get more controll for this price. it's a cool device IMO
system information:

Powerbook G4 667MHz DVI 512MB RAM
MOTU 828 mkII
OS X 10.4.1
BCR2000

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Fri May 06, 2005 5:47 pm

1.) you can "send updates" to your bcr when you open a live set by toggling midi map mode on and off..you will have to do this for each preset you are using in your set. (use key shortkut)

2.) I have live learn the bcr..I set mine up so when i copy a preset from one to the next, I only have to change the midi chanel for each encoder
(i set the note number each knob/button is assigned to the same as the controler number.... ie. knob ,1 note 1, channel 1, knob 2 note 2 channel 1; button 1, note 1, channel 2 and so on....)(you can have buttons and knobs affect the same peramitor if you choose)

mike

DJALEX

Post by DJALEX » Sat May 07, 2005 3:01 pm

futurestore wrote:You better first try the behringer. Because the quality of the knobs are crap..

Greetz
whea Thats true but i have to go back to the store, couse one of the faders is not working, but im really happy whit this new toy.

DJALEX

Post by DJALEX » Sat May 07, 2005 3:06 pm

mike holiday wrote:1.) you can "send updates" to your bcr when you open a live set by toggling midi map mode on and off..you will have to do this for each preset you are using in your set. (use key shortkut)

2.) I have live learn the bcr..I set mine up so when i copy a preset from one to the next, I only have to change the midi chanel for each encoder
(i set the note number each knob/button is assigned to the same as the controler number.... ie. knob ,1 note 1, channel 1, knob 2 note 2 channel 1; button 1, note 1, channel 2 and so on....)(you can have buttons and knobs affect the same peramitor if you choose)

mike
I wish i can understand you, couse i have no idea about MIDI all i know is how to conect, :oops: :cry:

Moonburnt

Post by Moonburnt » Sun May 08, 2005 10:26 am

Greetz
Just think of them like disposable razors, buy 6 at once. I'm surprised to find that I now prefer my BCR to my Remote25 8O Apart from lack of keyboard of course. But the visual feedback is great - ie. knowing whether a button is "on" or "off".

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sun May 08, 2005 10:33 am

I'm rocking a brand-new bcr2k, and I love it. The only thing I don't dig about this unit is that the LEDs flicker when there's a lot of automation going on - have you guys experienced the same thing?

Other than that I can't wait to afford to buy my second and third unit :) It really is a neat box.

Now it's time to actually make my presets.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Clase

Post by Clase » Sun May 08, 2005 5:50 pm

I have a problem with my bcr2000. The resolution becomes so big that all the knobs becomes to "slow". I have to spin them around several times just to go from 1 to 100 instead of just one spin. Anyone gets my problem?

I have set it up just as you said in this thread, so Im a bit confused. The problem is solved thou if I turn of remote out, then its the ususal resolution, but no sync with the leds...:(
Clase