Sample / Slicing question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cmreal04

Sample / Slicing question

Post by cmreal04 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Is it possible to sample a piece of audio from vinyl,slice the sample to a drum rack, in the same type way I see them do with mpc's ?

CM

I think I've figured it out at least partially. I've bin living in the dark ages 8O this seems to good to be true.
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

cmreal04

Re: Sample / Slicing question

Post by cmreal04 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:14 am

Now someone please tell me ( not looking to cause a heated debate) what's so special about the mpc. I can slice my sample into as many slices as I want, adjust the slice length in a matter of seconds, ahhh yeah so besides the live aspect what's the point of the mpc if you own Live.

CM

EgAD

Post by EgAD » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:26 am

cmreal04 wrote:Now someone please tell me ( not looking to cause a heated debate) what's so special about the mpc. I can slice my sample into as many slices as I want, adjust the slice length in a matter of seconds, ahhh yeah so besides the live aspect what's the point of the mpc if you own Live.

CM
maybe that you can do that stuff without a computer is the most appealing.
kind of like using a software synth emulator vs. using the synth being emulated.

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:28 am

EgAD wrote:
cmreal04 wrote:Now someone please tell me ( not looking to cause a heated debate) what's so special about the mpc. I can slice my sample into as many slices as I want, adjust the slice length in a matter of seconds, ahhh yeah so besides the live aspect what's the point of the mpc if you own Live.

CM
maybe that you can do that stuff without a computer is the most appealing.
kind of like using a software synth emulator vs. using the synth being emulated.
Yeah I get what your saying. I read a lot of post where people here own both live and a pad controller, but talk about getting an mpc, just seems like throwing money away at that piont, unless your doing live shows.

CM