The Obama Deception movie

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
OvertoneZero

Re: The Obama Deception

Post by OvertoneZero » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:04 pm

The amount of exposure you have had to Cindy is irrelevant.

Your issue is not due to a lack of exposure to the subject matter we are discussing, your issue is with yourself.

You don't get it.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:08 pm

lol yeah...

/walks away
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

smutek

Post by smutek » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:26 pm

Tone Deft wrote:smutek you jumped the shark.....

I like that saying, it made me chuckle for some reason.

I understand your feelings about her. There are some figures on "the left" that I usually like to distance myself from, Sheehan and Moore being 2 examples.

For me I think it is not because I disagree with them but because, for whatever reason, they make such easy targets for the right.

As far as Sheehan goes, yes she is definitely full of emotion, and rightfully so I think. Unfortunately emotionally charged rhetoric seems to start as a powerful tool, but eventually it gets "old", people grow tired of it and they dismiss you as a loon.

Compare her to say, Robert Fisk or Noam Chomsky (two of my favorites) - logic, facts, and personal experience outweigh (or compliment) rhetoric and it seems to be much harder for their opponents to make a real case against them. In the case of Chomsky I think he has never become a target of the mainstream right simply because his ideas and the words he uses are too complex for them, so they would never read his writings to start with.

But I digress....

The way I see it is that Cindy Sheehan enjoyed the support of the Democratic party establishment only when her message was convenient for them; when they were running for reelection on an anti-war platform. Once they took back control of congress and it became apparent that they were not going to move against the Bush regime, and that they were not going to take real steps to end the war, Sheehan became a liability and was promptly dismissed - or broke with the party, whichever came first.

I think whichever came first isn't important, what is important, to me, is that Sheehan became a liability to the party because, even though she was used as one, she is not a political tool - like moveon.org for example. She is an anti-war activist, her break with the party was inevitable. I think that her "rise and fall" says as much, if not more, about the establishment (and a large part of society) as it does about her. She is an anti-war activist and she has stayed true to her message. Personally I can not say that about the people that I helped to put into office over the last two elections.

That is why I wouldn't agree that she lacks substance.

But that is just my thoughts on it.

peace! - the shark jumper :P

(ps. you really must come to Baltimore and teach me to play this cursed guitar of mine)

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:02 pm

agreed.

when I heard on NPR that she bought land near Bush's place in Texas I laughed so hard I nearly drove my car off the road,I remember exactly where I was. it was awesome, I loved that she was standing in Bush's face screaming her heart out as loud and constant as she possibly could. her actions were a catharsis for millions of people, myself included.

I like Moore but there are times when I definitely groan at his films. like Sheehan, I appreciate people screaming BULLSHIT at such obvious evils in the world.

when it comes to leadership and political philosophers I prefer people keep emotion out of it and like Chomsky, they can take the long term historical record into account. I'll bring up Chomsky to righties and they laugh and say "oh, you mean the linguist?" that's all the got on the guy.

anyway, back to the "this isn't change" ranting. I'm going to go enjoy my day, I'm glad Obama's in office, I'm glad for the changes that I see taking place, I'm happy.
smutek wrote:(ps. you really must come to Baltimore and teach me to play this cursed guitar of mine)
lol, trying to teach myself! today's gonna be the acoustic on the beach with a 6 pack. I'm still playing those chords from "4 chords 36 songs" those and a capo, you can do a lot. Am, C, G, F with some Em and Dm as needed, try that. forget learning songs for a while, roll your own. I've been fixated with 'Into the Dark' by Death Cab lately.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

noiserot

Post by noiserot » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Tone Deft wrote:I'm going to go enjoy my day, I'm glad Obama's in office, I'm glad for the changes that I see taking place, I'm happy.
And what kind of changes are you talking about? Obama's plan for "withdrawing" troops in Iraq by leaving 50,000 still there and mostly renaming "combat troops" to "advisory and assistance brigades"? Sending more troops to Afghanistan and now Pakistan to continue the War on Terror? Bailing out Wall Street criminals?

Good for you that you're happy to stick your head in the sand with the "Change You Can Believe In™"

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:35 pm

noiserot wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:I'm going to go enjoy my day, I'm glad Obama's in office, I'm glad for the changes that I see taking place, I'm happy.
And what kind of changes are you talking about? Obama's plan for "withdrawing" troops in Iraq by leaving 50,000 still there and mostly renaming "combat troops" to "advisory and assistance brigades"? Sending more troops to Afghanistan and now Pakistan to continue the War on Terror? Bailing out Wall Street criminals?

Good for you that you're happy to stick your head in the sand with the "Change You Can Believe In™"
too predictable.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

noiserot

Post by noiserot » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:57 pm

Tone Deft wrote:too predictable.
That's what I thought. Save your pathetic retort if you can't even articulate the "changes" you're so happy to see taking place.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:19 pm

Here's one called Obama = Hitler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS2rJP-u ... re=related
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ableton Live contains subliminal messages they're really owned by the North Korean's they're going to start World War 4
Live 8!!!! 8-2=6 times 3: 666 the mark of the Antichrist!
Wake up and smell the cofee!!! We're all going to die!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:58 pm

^funny.

sounds like VICTORY!!
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

BlackMath

Post by BlackMath » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:40 am

BlackMath wrote:
if you believe this crap you might be just as foolish.

Care to enlighten us, specifically, as to what it is that´s crap in this movie?
@Bagatell
I will admit the some of what Alex Jones says is based in fact. ie Federal Reserve and Bilderburg/IMF.

The the one glaring detail that is a perfect example of how Alex Jones chooses to manipulate his viewers/listeners is the scene where Alex and his posse are in the van and they think they're being followed by the guy in the car. Its obvious that it was either a coincidence or it was setup and had basically no relation to the topic. It was simply to imply that Alex and Co. were threatened (I assume because he was trying to make it look like he was getting too close to "the truth") by the dark forces that operate in his paranoid perception of what the US government is.

I did watch the whole video and many others that AJ has produced specifically "End Game". He is a disinformationalist and probably works in some capacity for the people/secret societies (whatever) that he is reporting to expose. The reason he wants you to investigate for yourself is because once you begin to research all his references you will become too bogged down and confused by all the bullshit that proliferates on the internet. It basically exists to create confusion and give you a headache so you stop seeking the truth and go back to being a consumer.

"One Basic Truth can be used as a Foundation for a mountain of Lies, and if we dig down deep enough into the mountain of lies, and bring out the truth, to set it on top of the mountain of lies; the entire mountain of lies will crumble under the weight of that one truth, and there is nothing more devastating to a structure of lies than the revelation of the truth upon which the structure of lies was built, because the shock waves of the revelation of the truth reverberate, and continue to reverberate throughout the Earth for generations to follow, awakening even those people who had no desire to be awakened to the truth."... Delamer Duverus

Alex Jones is a mountain builder.

BlackMath

Post by BlackMath » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:48 am

and one other point I forgot to make.

If these PowerBroker/Evil Shadow Government are trying to take over society and install a one world government and they are so powerful as to manipulate money, media, and consciousness. Be able to control "puppet" Presidents and have the entire capitalist financial system rise and fall to their whims then my point is " What the fuck are they waiting for".

Bring it Bitches. I'm ready for some serious upheaval.
Revolution is my middle name.

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:00 am

BlackMath wrote:
Bring it Bitches. I'm ready for some serious upheaval.
Revolution is my middle name.
How sweet it is to hate one's native land
and avidly desire its ruin -
and in its ruin to discern the dawn of universal rebirth.

- Vladimir Pecherin

8)

BlackMath

Post by BlackMath » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:05 am

How sweet it is to hate one's native land
and avidly desire its ruin -
and in its ruin to discern the dawn of universal rebirth.

- Vladimir Pecherin
if this is referring to despotism then truer words have never been spoken (or quoted). :lol:

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:07 am

He was definitely referring to despotism.

:wink:

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:40 am

smutek is on point

Here's a site with lots of guitar chords

http://www.e-chords.com/