LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Rationalizer
Posts: 1307
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:14 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by Rationalizer » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:18 pm

granath wrote:1 ) Ableton Live CPU Meter 144%
2 ) Laptop/Desktop? Laptop Macbook
3 ) Operating System? Mac OSX 10.5.8
4 ) Ableton Live version? 8.0.1
5 ) CPU Make, Model, and Speed? Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz
6 ) Amount of Ram? 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
7 ) Soundcard (and driver version if you know it)? Behringer FCA202 via firewire > 400 Mbit/sec
8 ) Hard Disk Drive Speed (if you know)? 5,400rpm
9 ) Number of playback tracks? All, and at 2 tracks around 80% CPU Meter

Multicore/Multiprocessor support enabled

What is wrong here?

In the file "http://nickstutorials.com/LivePerformanceTest.zip" there only "Live 6-7 performance test project.als. Is this what i´m doing wrong?
You should at least update your Live 'cause 8.0.1 is very old version.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

granath
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by granath » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Rationalizer wrote:
granath wrote:1 ) Ableton Live CPU Meter 144%
2 ) Laptop/Desktop? Laptop Macbook
3 ) Operating System? Mac OSX 10.5.8
4 ) Ableton Live version? 8.0.1
5 ) CPU Make, Model, and Speed? Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz
6 ) Amount of Ram? 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
7 ) Soundcard (and driver version if you know it)? Behringer FCA202 via firewire > 400 Mbit/sec
8 ) Hard Disk Drive Speed (if you know)? 5,400rpm
9 ) Number of playback tracks? All, and at 2 tracks around 80% CPU Meter

Multicore/Multiprocessor support enabled

What is wrong here?

In the file "http://nickstutorials.com/LivePerformanceTest.zip" there only "Live 6-7 performance test project.als. Is this what i´m doing wrong?
You should at least update your Live 'cause 8.0.1 is very old version.
I figured the boxed version came with a later version then this. Thanks

bangaio
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:07 pm

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by bangaio » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:51 am

1) Ableton Live CPU Meter 15%
2) Laptop/Desktop? Custom desktop
3) Operating System? Windows 7 64 bit
4) Ableton Live version? 8.2.1
5) CPU Make, Model, and Speed? Intel core i5 2500k 3.3ghz stock
6) Amount of Ram? 4gb
7) Soundcard (and driver version if you know it)? Built in asio for all 256 buffer size
8) Hard Disk Drive Speed (if you know)? 7200rpm
9) Number of playback tracks? 8

Just built this. I have a core 2 duo macbook and this just (obviously) blitzes it!

faze1
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by faze1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:05 pm

1) Ableton Live CPU Meter %: 22%
2) Laptop/Desktop? Make/Model? Custom built PC
3) Operating System? Win xp32 sp3
4) Ableton Live version? 8.2
5) CPU Make, Model, and Speed? AMD Athlon II x4 635 2.9ghz (Overclocked at 3.3ghz)
6) Amount of Ram? 4gb
7) Soundcard (and driver version if you know it)? Tascam Fw-1082 driver ver. 1.80
8) Hard Disk Drive Speed (if you know)? 7200
9) Number of playback tracks? 8

Miki_Mundi
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:58 am

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by Miki_Mundi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:41 am

1) Ableton Live CPU Meter % (if it bounces around, please list the peak) 64%
2) Laptop/Desktop? Make/Model? Own Build: Asus M2N32 Sli Deluxe
3) Operating System? Windows XP SP3
4) Ableton Live version? 8.2.1
5) CPU Make, Model, and Speed? AMD Athlon 64X2 5200+ 2.61ghz
6) Amount of Ram? 2Gb
7) Soundcard (and driver version if you know it)? Asus Xonar DS
8) Hard Disk Drive Speed (if you know)? 7200
9) Number of playback tracks? 8

Been thinking of updating my CPU, this has just made my mind up 4 me....

superistic
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:09 pm

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by superistic » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:13 pm

bangaio wrote:1) Ableton Live CPU Meter 15%
2) Laptop/Desktop? Custom desktop
3) Operating System? Windows 7 64 bit
4) Ableton Live version? 8.2.1
5) CPU Make, Model, and Speed? Intel core i5 2500k 3.3ghz stock
6) Amount of Ram? 4gb
7) Soundcard (and driver version if you know it)? Built in asio for all 256 buffer size
8) Hard Disk Drive Speed (if you know)? 7200rpm
9) Number of playback tracks? 8

Just built this. I have a core 2 duo macbook and this just (obviously) blitzes it!
would be interesting to know what the CPU meter says at 512 samples...

aukleive
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:56 pm
Location: Norway

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by aukleive » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:41 am

1) Ableton Live CPU Meter % (if it bounces around, please list the peak) 49%
2) Laptop/Desktop? Make/Model? MacbookPro 5,5, fall 2009
3) Operating System? 10.6.6
4) Ableton Live version? 8.2.1
5) CPU Make, Model, and Speed? 2.53 ghz intel core 2 duo
6) Amount of Ram? 4gb
7) Soundcard (and driver version if you know it)? internal
Hard Disk Drive Speed (if you know)? apple ssd
9) Number of playback tracks? 8

channelite
Posts: 472
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:25 pm
Location: Nevada, USA

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by channelite » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:00 pm

1) Ableton Live CPU Meter % The meter peaked at 25% with eight tracks when I first pressed play, but then went to 17% there after.

2) Laptop/Desktop? ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

3) Operating System? Windows 7 64 bit

4) Ableton Live version? 8.2.1

5) CPU Make, Model, and Speed? AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGIBOX

6) Amount of Ram? 4gb

7) Soundcard (and driver version if you know it)? Motu 828 mk3, driver version 4.0.4.2114, SIIG firewire card

8) Hard Disk Drive Speed (if you know)? Western Digital AV-GP WD5000AVDS 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal AV Hard Drive -Bare Drive

9) Number of playback tracks? 8

commuter
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:04 am
Location: Rennes/France
Contact:

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by commuter » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:30 pm

Anyone with results of one of the new 2011 macbook pro ??? :mrgreen:
15" Macbook Pro 2,3 quadcore I7 2012/8gb ram/240gb SSD/ LIVE 9.06/OSX 10.8.5, NI Komplete audio 6
https://www.facebook.com/commuterofficial
http://soundcloud.com/commuter

blakjesus
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:58 am
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by blakjesus » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:40 pm

commuter wrote:Anyone with results of one of the new 2011 macbook pro ??? :mrgreen:
+1

auditory canvas
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:31 am
Contact:

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by auditory canvas » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:13 pm

blakjesus wrote:
commuter wrote:Anyone with results of one of the new 2011 macbook pro ??? :mrgreen:
+1
Here you go:

1) Ableton Live CPU Meter % bounced around a lot, but settled around 20%

2) Laptop/Desktop? Apple Macbook Pro 17" (feb 2011)

3) Operating System? OSX 10.6.6

4) Ableton Live version? 8.2.2b3

5) CPU Make, Model, and Speed? Intel Core i7 Quad 2.2ghz

6) Amount of Ram? 4gb (1333mhz DDR3)

7) Soundcard (and driver version if you know it)?Internal (haven't installed SC yet)

8) Hard Disk Drive Speed (if you know)? 5400 (stock internal)

9) Number of playback tracks? 8

h4nc0
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:58 pm

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by h4nc0 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:45 am

auditory canvas wrote:
blakjesus wrote:
commuter wrote:Anyone with results of one of the new 2011 macbook pro ??? :mrgreen:
+1
Here you go:

1) Ableton Live CPU Meter % bounced around a lot, but settled around 20%

2) Laptop/Desktop? Apple Macbook Pro 17" (feb 2011)

3) Operating System? OSX 10.6.6

4) Ableton Live version? 8.2.2b3

5) CPU Make, Model, and Speed? Intel Core i7 Quad 2.2ghz

6) Amount of Ram? 4gb (1333mhz DDR3)

7) Soundcard (and driver version if you know it)?Internal (haven't installed SC yet)

8) Hard Disk Drive Speed (if you know)? 5400 (stock internal)

9) Number of playback tracks? 8
That is very unimpressive considering my desktop i7 does under 20% and i7 notebook does somewhere in 27%.

commuter
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:04 am
Location: Rennes/France
Contact:

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by commuter » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:49 am

Thanks!
i'm really curious about the 13" ( as i want to buy the base model)
15" Macbook Pro 2,3 quadcore I7 2012/8gb ram/240gb SSD/ LIVE 9.06/OSX 10.8.5, NI Komplete audio 6
https://www.facebook.com/commuterofficial
http://soundcloud.com/commuter

Rave
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by Rave » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:51 am

auditory canvas wrote:
blakjesus wrote:
commuter wrote:Anyone with results of one of the new 2011 macbook pro ??? :mrgreen:
+1
Here you go:

1) Ableton Live CPU Meter % bounced around a lot, but settled around 20%

2) Laptop/Desktop? Apple Macbook Pro 17" (feb 2011)

3) Operating System? OSX 10.6.6

4) Ableton Live version? 8.2.2b3

5) CPU Make, Model, and Speed? Intel Core i7 Quad 2.2ghz

6) Amount of Ram? 4gb (1333mhz DDR3)

7) Soundcard (and driver version if you know it)?Internal (haven't installed SC yet)

8) Hard Disk Drive Speed (if you know)? 5400 (stock internal)

9) Number of playback tracks? 8
Nice would be interested to see if there is an improvement using an external sound card.
thanks for posting thus far

Khazul
Posts: 3185
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Reading, UK

Re: LIVE 8 PERFORMANCE TEST - Results Here

Post by Khazul » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:29 am

Hmm - not bad and with the 2.2Ghz as well :)

Getting an MBP17 this week hopefully - with 7200 drive and 2.3Ghz CPU.
Nothing to see here - move along!

Post Reply