What did you get?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live

What did you get?

Live8(download)
8%
Live8(box)
1%
Live8 Suite(download)
10%
Live8 Suite(box)
16%
upgrade(download)
12%
upgrade(box)
1%
upgrade Suite(download)
27%
upgrade Suite(box)
14%
edu
No votes
not interested...
11%

Total votes: 83

Machinesworking

Re: What did you get?

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:36 am

Can't vote, because "don't have the money at this time to buy anything but groceries" isn't an option. :?

If I had the money I would still wait until it's stable. My band is gearing up for live shows this Summer, and enough things can go wrong with using laptops live in the first place.

chasting

Post by chasting » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:24 pm

What academic upgarde pricing...I thought that was discontinued for Live 8?

condra

Post by condra » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:09 pm

Already own Operator and Sampler. Love Operator. Never use Sampler. Upgraded to Live 8.

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:21 pm

I picked up the download version of the suite upgrade. I've been a big fan of the Suite instruments before, and future video series will focus around the physical modeling end of things so Collision and Corpus were must-haves. The series currently in development focuses heavily on Operator, so again I needed that upgrade with the user-drawn waveforms. I was also interested in Latin percussion for more sample-mangling fodder during those times when I don't feel like recording or using field samples.

- Nick

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:41 pm

I went for the suite upgrade.. The price difference in just the basic upgrade and the suite made it impossible not to!.. Though, I haven't had really much toying with Collision and Corpus, what little I have, they both look to be very useful.. And the Latin drums will get a lot of use.
I just had to get 8 as I couldn't go days without being able to have all the new functions and plugins after beta testing at my immediate disposal :twisted: .. Ok now I've got I'm off down the pub to celebrate!!

The next tracks I'm gonna produce will be done entirely in Live.. To see if I really can kick all my third party software into touch! I'd truly love that to be the case :D ..

Hd

TekMonki

Post by TekMonki » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:46 pm

Is there pricing on upgrading from Live 8 to Live 8 suite? Debating on which to buy at the moment, but the only things that really appeal to me (so far) kinda have me leaning towards just Live 8 vs. the whole suite. Should I change my mind later though . . .

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:50 pm

heavensdaw wrote: The next tracks I'm gonna produce will be done entirely in Live.. To see if I really can kick all my third party software into touch! I'd truly love that to be the case :D ..
Nice one man, best of luck! I went through the same process and it was pretty liberating.

condra

Post by condra » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:16 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the new Operator is just INSANE, SUBLIME, GODLIKE.

With the new Operator you can do the most gritty leads, weirdest textures, crazy expressive "modular style" instruments, lush minimal organs, psychotic Aphex Twin leads with questionable harmonics, whacked out automatic sequences, aswell as phat as hell monophonic analogue patches.

It's endlessly addictive and the closest thing yet to that "the only synth I need" feeling.

I will be using Sylenth and Zebra less now.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:49 pm

upgrade Suite(download), couldn't care less about eic.

Really could not care about Latin Perc or Drum Machines either.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:53 pm

got the Suite box...

dphouse84

Post by dphouse84 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:41 pm

went for the boxed suite
made sense to me as i didn;t have any instruments yet,
the but the big question 4 me is how much will M4L be.
having worked marketing for years,
a bundle that included the APC40 & M4L would have been a sweet selling tool.
Stuff I actually use.
sound card, speakers, mic, MBP, Mighty Mouse, Ableton, Reason, iPad, iPhone,Touchable, Rebirth, & other apps.
Pair of Technics 1200's, and a Pioneer Mixer

Nikos T

Post by Nikos T » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:48 pm

Suite 8 boxed. :mrgreen:

m:o

Post by m:o » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:55 am

just got the suite download !
stunning workflow.
Live 8 is f*ckin ace!
4770K/Live9Suite/Max4Live/Push/RME UFX/NordModularG2X/Machinedrum SPS1 UW/Elektron Analog Four/MBase11/Adam A7X

http://soundcloud.com/sphereandlowthing