Live 8 Step Seqeuncer?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
The Phat Conductor

Live 8 Step Seqeuncer?

Post by The Phat Conductor » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:22 pm

i could swear i saw one in the video...

how do you access/use the thing?
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

b0unce

Re: Live 8 Step Seqeuncer?

Post by b0unce » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:25 pm

I think that was a max4live plug
spreader of butter

zigzag

Post by zigzag » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:26 pm

The Phat Conductor wrote:i could swear i saw one in the video...

how do you access/use the thing?
If i am not mistaken, its a product for max for live. Unfortunately...

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:31 pm

:(
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:42 pm

The Phat Conductor wrote::(

just buy the core upgrade and use the money saved to get max 4 live when it comes out....or you can stick to writing step sequence drums on reason's redrum
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

selthym

Post by selthym » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:24 am

If you are after a hardware style step sequencer these are now easy to program using Live 8. The little Blue Hand (Automap?) can now be midi mapped. I will be creating one for my padKontrol hopefully this weekend. It would be just as good with your trigger finger as you have additional controls that can automatically be selected when you select each step.

Allan A.Live

Post by Allan A.Live » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:59 am

selthym wrote:If you are after a hardware style step sequencer these are now easy to program using Live 8. The little Blue Hand (Automap?) can now be midi mapped. I will be creating one for my padKontrol hopefully this weekend. It would be just as good with your trigger finger as you have additional controls that can automatically be selected when you select each step.

You mean that this will work like Maschine? Hopefully... I can't await your result.

Rgs

doremifa

Post by doremifa » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:04 am

Shit! I thought I could use M4L devices without M4L. That is totally suck.

For exp - I am not a programmer. I will never make anything myslef in M4L - I just want to use what others do (yep), and so I do need to buy that M4L????

?????????

Allan A.Live

Post by Allan A.Live » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:07 am

Yes, i fear,.... and more hundred €/$ only for stepsequenzing with the APC makes me angry, I wrote this also in the APC thread... it can't be that they dont realease a patch for the APC with what you can use this as a stepsequenzer without M4L, men, we spent some hundred € for Live and also round 400,-- or more for the APC and they will cash again for M4L from Users who only need the stepfunction, this sounds not so customer-friedly from Ableton (and regular this company is customer friendly), so much people will go to NI and buy the Maschine instead of the APC...

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:52 am

doremifa wrote:Shit! I thought I could use M4L devices without M4L. That is totally suck.

For exp - I am not a programmer. I will never make anything myslef in M4L - I just want to use what others do (yep), and so I do need to buy that M4L????

?????????
Pricing details haven't been released as far as I know, so all we can do is speculate. Personally, I don't think you'll need to buy a full M4L license to use devices only, but I do think they'll cash in and sell a 'M4L-player' license of some sort. A license you'll need to run M4L patches. You heard it here first. :D
spreader of butter

condra

Post by condra » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Yep. Some sort of affordable Runtime thing would be cool. The people who actually want to get their hands dirty with MFL would be in the minority.
If you are after a hardware style step sequencer these are now easy to program using Live 8. The little Blue Hand (Automap?) can now be midi mapped.
I've just been playing with this feature. Very cool.
But how are you using it to impliment a "hardware style step sequencer"?