An open letter to "DOM" and apology to Tone Deft

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
smutek

An open letter to "DOM" and apology to Tone Deft

Post by smutek » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:26 pm

I do feel kind of slapped, but not because you outed my stupid little alias.

For the record, I used one other alias in all of my time here, "SMOOTH_LOVIN_CYCLOPS" - it was part of a collective joke and it was no secret that it was me, I have even admitted - publicly - it when asked.

Other than that this "harrison.forge" is the only time I have ever used an alias to act like a jerk. That is a lot more than can be said about others here.

As for the post against Tone Deft. I make no excuses for it, I was "taking the piss" and being a bit of a dick at Tone Deft's expense. It was wrong, and for that I will apologize to Tone Deft.

Mike, no matter how irritated I get by what I see as inflammatory, rude posts by you against other members it didn't make it right for me to act like a pussy and shit talk you behind an alias.

I am sorry.

With that said, Dom, please spare me your "last warning" bullshit, I've been a member of this forum since 2003 and have never, let me repeat, NEVER caused any trouble here so maybe you can consider changing that to "first and last warning".

While you are at it, I am curious, why don't you feel the urge to step in when Tone Deft tells your *EDIT* Abletons customers STFU and constantly flames them simply for asking questions?

More importantly, why don't you step in and expose the multiple people who use the TITBAG alias? Why don't you deactivate that alias?

Surely that's a more pressing issue than my first infraction here, considering the sheer amount of completely offensive, vile, filth that has been plastered all over this form by "TITBAG".

If you think I need to be banned or something than go ahead and knock yourself out, I seriously could care less at this point. I'll be pissed, but trust me, I will get over it quickly.

dom wrote:Guys, please, we are now experiencing the hardest time of the year regarding workload.
Customercare and Support really want to do a good job and take care of every call and every mail we get, and these are thousands right now.
You can really help in doing so just by keeping the forum smooth so i don't have to clean up here backstage.

So please, i know these are exciting times but please watch yourself a bit.
We don't have to post every monkey picture and we don't need all the nasty stuff you may find funny for a minute.
Try to keep this forum worksafe.

Smutek: I'll deactivate your harrison.forge account now and lock this thread.
Please feel slapped, last warning.

Thanks guys,
Dom
dom wrote:Ah, and before i forget: It would also be nice to stop the B0unce, N0nce, Titbag and whatever trolling for some time.
The people i mean know what i talk about.

Thanks and let's rock the 8!
Last edited by smutek on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LoopStationZebra

Re: An open letter to "DOM"

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:42 pm

Why don't you deactivate that alias?
How DARE you suggest such a thing! Outrage! Outrage! :evil:

As to your apology: Totally unnecessary. You lowered yourself there.

Who cares if you were outed? I thought the other thread was a hoot; including the 'outing', lol.
Last edited by LoopStationZebra on Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:43 pm

Haha! What alias was that one you were a part of?

This is funny! I suspected TITBAG, but Bounce also? :-D

And BTW, I don't think DOM was as hard on you as you might think man! Its more like a friendly joke, no? For all he stuff you have been saying on various threads, I think you should easily take a verbal "slap" for that man!! :-D

Aw, I dont know... Maybe you are even trying to trick me into this right here. 8O

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:44 pm

O man, busted dude! We are now officially in the internet police state. One can no longer just hold their own in this jungle. You just got iMased and virtually tasered!

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:57 pm

ze2be wrote:
For all he stuff you have been saying on various threads, I think you should easily take a verbal "slap" for that man!! :-D

I haven't been saying anything in other threads other than I am not happy with the pricing. I've got that right, I paid for it.

No, I don't have to take anything for him.

Though I do suspect that had I been one of the people flaming the customers who were complaining I would have been left alone.

Nice picture Angstrom, and true. I pwned myself.
Last edited by smutek on Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angstrom

Re: An open letter to "DOM" and apology to Tone Deft

Post by Angstrom » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:58 pm

you did,
and it was a bit funny

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:01 pm

Yes, I'm sure in a few days I'll be laughing about it myself.

Right now I'm pissed, and awaiting bannage, and for my thread to be erased.

:x

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:02 pm

so. you seriously have such a boring life that you need to make an alias and start idiotic threads and/or trash talk other members as a joke?

get some friends man, seriously.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:06 pm

friend_kami wrote:so. you seriously have such a boring life that you need to make an alias and start idiotic threads and/or trash talk other members as a joke?

Careful there, friend. For some of us that is a WAY OF LIFE. 8)
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Apologies aren't needed. Free speech dominates this thread and if DOM feels the need to start policing this forum it will be come a cold and barren wasteland of what used to be a thriving community.

I recommend this video to everyone reading this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Hg-Y7MugU

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:13 pm

friend_kami wrote:so. you seriously have such a boring life that you need to make an alias and start idiotic threads and/or trash talk other members as a joke?

get some friends man, seriously.
Yes, you are incredibly insiteful and wise. Absolutely no friends, boring life and all.

Even worse I've plotted this moment, locked alone in my room bereft of friends, life, and emotion, behaving myself here for years just as an act, barely able to contain myself, a one man sleeper cell if you will, biding my time to make a stupid alias and post some stupid shit - all of this - only to see my evil plan blow up in my face at the very moment it was to come to fruition.

It's quite devastating, but not so much as your comment, which quite literally cut me to the very soul.

:roll:

dom

Post by dom » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:19 pm

Thanks for apologizing to Tone Deft, Smutek!
And while you're friends again, ask him about my warnings regarding his posting style in the past.

I'm afraid i can't check every post here and yours just got my attention and it hit you, maybe even as an example for all others.
As you quoted it yourself: yes, i also kindly appealed for stopping that nonsense trolling in general.

If you all would treat this place a bit nicer i wouldn't have to do this stuff at all - that's what i strongly wish for, as these days managing the supportteam already is a task i can spend 24h a day on.
Hey, remember 2005 where i also offered that even ableton supports you in your quit smoking thread?
That's the vibe i wanna see here!

I only can ask all of you to think about this community and treat it in a way it deserves.
I really really don't want to become this place a totally moderated and sterile company forum.
This is what i'm standing in for here at ableton.
If this does not work out this way you force ableton into turning this community into such a place, i won't be able to stop that, and we will lose the unique vibe this community is known for. It's in your hands!

And now just take a deep breath, don't take it personal and you might even want to change that line calling me full of ...

Cheers,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

smutek

Post by smutek » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:25 pm

Fair enough, Dom.

I consider myself warned, owned, busted, made an example of, humbled, embarrassed, foolish, and what have you.

I'll drop this along with my angst and will hold no bad feelings.

And yes, I will never forget the quit smoking thread, it's the Ableton I like to remember and the one that I worry is going away.
Last edited by smutek on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:25 pm

dom wrote:Thanks for apologizing to Tone Deft, Smutek!
And while you're friends again, ask him about my warnings regarding his posting style in the past.

I'm afraid i can't check every post here and yours just got my attention and it hit you, maybe even as an example for all others.
As you quoted it yourself: yes, i also kindly appealed for stopping that nonsense trolling in general.

If you all would treat this place a bit nicer i wouldn't have to do this stuff at all - that's what i strongly wish for, as these days managing the supportteam already is a task i can spend 24h a day on.
Hey, remember 2005 where i also offered that even ableton supports you in your quit smoking thread?
That's the vibe i wanna see here!

I only can ask all of you to think about this community and treat it in a way it deserves.
I really really don't want to become this place a totally moderated and sterile company forum.
This is what i'm standing in for here at ableton.
If this does not work out this way you force ableton into turning this community into such a place, i won't be able to stop that, and we will lose the unique vibe this community is known for. It's in your hands!

And now just take a deep breath, don't take it personal and you might even want to change that line calling me full of ...

Cheers,
Dom

Are these threads really that harmful to you or Ableton? And what percentage of threads are Negative in nature compared to the vast amounts of friendly, intelligent and exceedingly helpful threads on this forum. I would wager that this is one of the greatest resources available to a musician. But you have to take the good with the bad, because they go hand in hand.