An open letter to "DOM" and apology to Tone Deft

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ze2be

Re: An open letter to "DOM" and apology to Tone Deft

Post by ze2be » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:45 pm

nebulae wrote: Again, I don't disagree with what you (Dom) are doing. But if anyone else at Ableton is reading this, please think carefully before you go down a road that ends up choking your company's lifeblood and soul.
Yes, but his point was in the case that if they loose new customers! However, I agree with you also..

dom

Post by dom » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Thanks Neb at all others,

it shows that we want the same and this is still the right way to achieve it, even if it can be hard work and sometimes people feel treated unfair. As long as you all know that i'm doing what i'm doing because i love this place, it may be easier to understand when i drop a pm and pull the red card from time to time if someone crosses a border.
Just don't take it personal, it is never meant to be. And trust me, i've been through some serious things here already, i have a thick skin.

Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:52 pm

This is all very exciting!
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:55 pm

nebulae wrote:
Emissary wrote:aww, how touching this thread is Lets all make friends
I am deeply offended at not being given credit for a Fun Fun Friday re-posting. Shame on you.

Dom, please delete Emissary's account at once.
Sorry, didnt see that one , Apparently we are not allowed to post weird animal pictures now either. This makes me sad
Last edited by Emissary on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:05 pm

i love being here, weird animal pics and all.

and i think it's good to challenge people in other areas of their life, not just over use of compression.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:07 pm

/thread

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:17 pm

Aequitas123 wrote:Image

/thread
sweet image
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:22 pm

dom wrote:
Aequitas123 wrote: But if you/Ableton start policing this place, you run the risk of losing the "Ingenious" members that make this place what it is. Lets face it, we come to this forum first to be informed, but we stay for the community: the jokes, the banter, the drama...etc.
Exactly, now you got it.
And this is why i personally try so hard to avoid this as a kind of middleman, as i know this place for ages.
As with Smutek, i just know for years he's a cool guy and he was just a bit over the top today.

But let's be honest: Ableton is a company and if this company has to decide between losing the jokes, the banter and the drama in favor of a good looking place for new customers the decision is crystal clear and made in a second without any further questions.

On top of that it wouldn't be me then, but a team of people not knowing the history of this place, moderating it strictly according to a fixed set of rules.
By all means, let's try hard together to avoid that, because if you ask me: i love this bunch of freaks, it is one of the most outstanding music production communities out there - i mean, can you name me one company where you get such a discussion going with a company official?

Dom
... No I don't. Let alone when Mr Robert Henke comes down here and speaks with us....
:roll:
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:28 pm

I don't at all like that the forum is censored for profanity or "adult" themes. That's weak and artificially restrictive. I mean, who decides what is over the line?

What does bug me is when a person decides to go all externalizing like a 2-year old child and insulting every other poster on the site while other users back them up because they have a high post count. What a nonsensical internet meme.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Mr. Jenkins!!
ZOIKS!!!

no sweat smutek, better you than some of the other weirdos around here. I respect you more than most for your mature writing style and laser guided insight. I believe I've always chilled out when you've asked me to, that won't change. feel free to PM me if you think I'm heavy on the ranting.

don't feel singled out, you just took one for the team, Dom got a message across about the alter-nicking. TITBAG seems to have read Dom's 'code' and stepped up his game, I don't know why people are hating on him, or anyone else.

I put my rants in my sig, 'nuf said.

Green Lemon wrote:I'm sure it was Deft who started it.
in light of all this, that's a thoughtless post. it's on mofo!!! ;) (joking Dom.)

regarding this being a site for a product...
I'm glad that the place has finally reached a point where unanswered posts rarely make it to the 2nd page. people come here to ask questions about OTHER DAWs, I think that's pretty cool. for all the whining about chasing people away, there are many others that find value in the forum. I have no doubt that the goons have helped the customer base grow.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:45 pm

Pasha wrote:
... No I don't. Let alone when Mr Robert Henke comes down here and speaks with us....
Hey, remember that one time Robert went off on some rant and Dom had to censor him. That was cool.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:47 pm

Emissary wrote:Apparently we are not allowed to post weird animal pictures now either. This makes me sad
Wow, a classic WTF! You can stay.

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:51 pm

nebulae wrote:
Hey, remember that one time Robert went off on some rant and Dom had to censor him. That was cool.
Link or it didn't happen.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:54 pm

nebulae wrote:
Pasha wrote:
Yeah that was brilliant, he went totally off the deep end and starting insulting everyone's Grandmothers . Calling them mini balls of satanic evil, and then telling us all that the next version of live would only do 7/4 time, good times, gooood times.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:54 pm

If this doesn't completely embody what I think of the Ableton Forum, I don't know what does...