How do Ableton really feel about this forum then?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Its acceptable to get the piss taken out of you in this community?

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 73

Aequitas123

Re: How do Ableton really feel about this forum then?

Post by Aequitas123 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:03 pm

"Right here, right now
watching the world wake up from history

right here, right now
there is no other place I want to be"

Minimal Justice System

Post by Minimal Justice System » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:05 pm

I don't think it's acceptable to viciously take the piss out of people if they ask what they believe to be a valid question and either through lack of knowledge or skill it makes the question seem stupid to someone else. I have dim days from time to time and can ask stupid questions and wouldn't like to be the victim of scathing criticism for this!!

However I don't see anything wrong with taking the piss if it's done in a lighthearted manner and whoever is taking the piss is open with the fact they are doing so (and also ready to take some back should the opportunity arise).

I guess some people get a little too excited online from time to time and overstep the mark but as long as someone calls them an asshole and brings everything back into balance it's cool with me.
Live 7, Sony Vaio, limited talent, limited budget, limitless enthusiasm. :D
http://twitter.com/funkydoolah

Dr Dub

Post by Dr Dub » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:31 pm

this forum has been an interesting and helpful place over the last years. I think it is actually an example for how good an unmoderated Forum can be.

I strongly believe that moderation should be kept to an absolute minimum.

And being offended for something like "Pictures or STFU".... come on..... you should take Live a little bit less serious, this could make yours A LOT better.
Live Suite 9 - MBPR 15 - NI Komplete Audio 6 - Push - Brain - Hands - Melodica

foogermooger

Post by foogermooger » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:34 pm

Aequitas123 wrote:
foogermooger wrote: Im talking about the attitude of people like you being allowed to post replies and the childish manner that you do.....it ruins it for the rest of us.
You're treading in dangerous waters here man. For real.
Hello Aequitas123

Why am i treading in dangerous waters?

Please explain!

Thanks

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:46 pm

i wouldn't know where to start.

Poster

Post by Poster » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:49 pm

foogermooger wrote:
Aequitas123 wrote:
foogermooger wrote: Im talking about the attitude of people like you being allowed to post replies and the childish manner that you do.....it ruins it for the rest of us.
Hello Aequitas123

Please explain!

Thanks
for example by trying to publicly make an example out of Tone Deft, which makes you guilty of the shit you don't want to happen around here..

grow some skin mate..

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:53 pm

This whole "piss taken out of" thing has never made sense to me. The only person making piss go out of me is me. And beer. We have to leave this whole "laddie" thing behind and speak an a more international manner.

bosonHavoc

Post by bosonHavoc » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:54 pm

gaijin1717 wrote:No offense to Condra and the other AbletonLiveDJ peeps, but it sounds like this guy needs to head over to abletonlivedj.com. They play nice there and moderate out everything they feel is un-constructive or just arsey....unless the comments are about fat people or the unemployed. :wink:
seriously lol...
why cry about it on the forums and why write e-mails to ableton about it
(the e-mail thing is not directed at anyone but i'm sure people do it)
just go to abletonlivedj.com.

that place bores the hell out of me though lol

i like this forum.. its a one stop shop for
gear talk, ableton talk, politics, cooking tips, humor, world events.. all kinds of stuff.

but i guess i'm for moderation because if this place was boring i'd prolly stay off the web and get more work done.

other thing to think about..
if everyone gets band or bored who is going to be around to give free tech support?

only people that would be on the forums would be people that need help.

Minimal Justice System

Post by Minimal Justice System » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:57 pm

bosonHavoc wrote:only people that would be on the forums would be people that need help.
From some of the stuff I've seen on here most of em really do need help, and not the kind you can get round these parts!!! :lol:

foogermooger

Post by foogermooger » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:30 pm

Poster wrote:
foogermooger wrote:
Aequitas123 wrote:
Hello Aequitas123

Please explain!

Thanks
for example by trying to publicly make an example out of Tone Deft, which makes you guilty of the shit you don't want to happen around here..

grow some skin mate..
Are you threatening me?

Would like to know what you and the other dude Auquitas123 are going to do about it then?

I dont need to make a public example of Tone Deft, he made an example of himself.

As far as growing some skin, i dont see why i should have to have thick skin to post on this forum. I buy Ableton and im part of the community that chats about it, all i ask is for it to be a pleasant place to visit.

Regards

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:34 pm

.....and the Fail continues.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Minimal Justice System

Post by Minimal Justice System » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:36 pm

foogermooger wrote:Are you threatening me?

:lol:
Last edited by Minimal Justice System on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:36 pm

foogermooger wrote:
Are you threatening me?

Would like to know what you and the other dude Auquitas123 are going to do about it then?

I dont need to make a public example of Tone Deft, he made an example of himself.

As far as growing some skin, i dont see why i should have to have thick skin to post on this forum. I buy Ableton and im part of the community that chats about it, all i ask is for it to be a pleasant place to visit.

Regards
Genuine advice:

Take 24 hours off from the forum, come back here and read what you are writing. You are kind of embarrassing yourself. No one threatened you, and in no way does it appear that way. You actually DID attempt to call out Tone Deft - you are using his posts to you as your example to try to preach/bully people into being nicer.

As for the thick skin, this kind of brash, semi-rude joking is pretty common on the internet, I think if you took many unbiased posters advice to get some thicker skin, you would see that this is a pretty pleasant place to visit. Lastly, you say you are part of this community, then please see that this community likes to make rough jokes, rude remarks, etc and accept it.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:37 pm

Minimal Justice System wrote:
foogermooger wrote:Are you threatening me?

:lol:

:!: :lol: :!:

omfg my stomach hurts!!!
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

gaijin1717

Post by gaijin1717 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:56 pm

contakt321 wrote:
foogermooger wrote:
Are you threatening me?

Regards
Genuine advice:

Take 24 hours off from the forum, come back here and read what you are writing. You are kind of embarrassing yourself. No one threatened you, and in no way does it appear that way. You actually DID attempt to call out Tone Deft - you are using his posts to you as your example to try to preach/bully people into being nicer.

As for the thick skin, this kind of brash, semi-rude joking is pretty common on the internet, I think if you took many unbiased posters advice to get some thicker skin, you would see that this is a pretty pleasant place to visit. Lastly, you say you are part of this community, then please see that this community likes to make rough jokes, rude remarks, etc and accept it.
+1. Now that's some sound advice. And look how nice we can be!