Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
elxicano
Posts: 1464
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:57 am
Location: NYC

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by elxicano » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:36 am

timothyallan wrote:You really want to save that extra 20 bucks don't you :)
Yes I do! Those $25 bucks can go a long ways if you spend wisely! :mrgreen:

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by 3dot... » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:09 am

I forbid myself to buy this... !...but I want it so...
Image

dredd i knight
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:33 pm

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by dredd i knight » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:03 pm

timothyallan wrote:You really want to save that extra 20 bucks don't you :)
damn right! i signed up last night.

fishmonkey
Posts: 4216
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:50 am

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by fishmonkey » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:03 pm

the group buy has been extended for 4 days, so it will definitely reach the next level, since it had already hit 194 at the original deadline... that means $124.95

Motion
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:24 pm

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by Motion » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Well just another bump because....if anyone is still interested or on the sidelines, Aether is more than likely guaranteed to hit 200 + and everyone has 4 more days to grab this beauty at $125 until 12AM PST on 1.5.09, I know many will already have an excellent reverb but the creative nuanced side of Aether is something special imho.

I have subjectively compared Aether up against:

CSR, Breverb, AAR, Altiverb, VSS3, Eventide and M7.....I know there is convo and dsp verbs here and I'm no technical genius but my ears still work and I'm smoked by the quality and with what I hear from Aether, most definitely infatuated with its atmospheres which are quite special for me in that regard.

All I'll say is try the demo and or listen to the Aether demos at the site, spend a bit of time experimenting with its spatial qualities and creative side and make your own mind up.

Just a snippet from Andrews post at KVR regards these extension details.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=315
We have decided to give this program 4 more days!! This should almost certainly guarantee the 200 person mark will be met (probably tomorrow, which is actually "today" here already technically as it's 3:31AM as I type this.), and the price will then be $124.95 max for everyone.And who knows what you guys could do with 4 more days!!!So we are now in overtime! Sign-up will now stay open until exactly 12AM Pacific Friday May 01. This will almost certainly guarantee 200+ signups, and well hopefully for us, significantly more than that considering the above. It's a risk for us, but we feel everyone's actions so far merit this decision.


There have been quite a number of new signups in the last few days and the offical count is now 194
.


Aether here: http://galbanum.com/products/aether/

PS I don't work for Galbanum, just a very happy Aether user.

glitchrock-buddha
Posts: 4357
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:29 am
Location: The Ableton Live Forum

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:35 pm

You know most companies would be thanking their lucky stars if a group buy ended just under the next price drop mark. When this group buy crosses from 199 to 200 people, the company instantly loses about 5000 dollars. So having extended the group buy 4 more days is very nice of them given that they need to get the number up around 235 now to get back to what they would have made at the 194 mark, so it's definitely a risk to them and they likely are losing out by extending it.

Very nice move on their part, I'm impressed.
$125! sweet.
Professional Shark Jumper.

Bionecteur
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:16 am
Location: Berlin/Aachen

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by Bionecteur » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:43 pm

... I am impressed by the reverb and the business behavior. This is outstanding and should act as a role model for a lot of other companies in this business.

Well done, Guys
ritsch, ratsch, klick

morerecords
Posts: 837
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:36 pm

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by morerecords » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:47 pm

save your money- this reverb is WAY over-hyped. This si not a greta sounding reverb by any means whatsoever, regardless of innovative approach to ealry reflections or anything else... tI tried this verb, there is nothing special about it whatsoever....not tryin to be harsh, just...the truth, save your money

b0unce
Posts: 5379
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by b0unce » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:12 pm

morerecords wrote:save your money- this reverb is WAY over-hyped. This si not a greta sounding reverb by any means whatsoever, regardless of innovative approach to ealry reflections or anything else... tI tried this verb, there is nothing special about it whatsoever....not tryin to be harsh, just...the truth, save your money
seriously, were you sniffing glue when you typed this ?
spreader of butter

scientist
Posts: 1336
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:06 am
Location: seattle

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by scientist » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:31 pm

i dl'ed the demo and like what i heard. don't know if i could look at that interface for extended periods, though. bleh.

elxicano
Posts: 1464
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:57 am
Location: NYC

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by elxicano » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:33 pm

scientist wrote:i dl'ed the demo and like what i heard. don't know if i could look at that interface for extended periods, though. bleh.
:lol:

I actually like the GUI, but I have a feeling they may be considering an alternative in the future, just because they seem to be a very receptive company to criticisms and requests. All great signs of a great company.

Still, I'd have to argue that the sound is what's important, not the look of the GUI, but I don't know your recording process so I definitely won't press. :D
Last edited by elxicano on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elxicano
Posts: 1464
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:57 am
Location: NYC

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by elxicano » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:34 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:You know most companies would be thanking their lucky stars if a group buy ended just under the next price drop mark. When this group buy crosses from 199 to 200 people, the company instantly loses about 5000 dollars. So having extended the group buy 4 more days is very nice of them given that they need to get the number up around 235 now to get back to what they would have made at the 194 mark, so it's definitely a risk to them and they likely are losing out by extending it.

Very nice move on their part, I'm impressed.
$125! sweet.
I'm still amazed at this... very good news and a definitely a big risk on their part. 8)

glitchrock-buddha
Posts: 4357
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:29 am
Location: The Ableton Live Forum

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:48 pm

203 now. I can stop watching. :wink:

P.S. I like the gui.
Professional Shark Jumper.

Gurulogic
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:01 pm

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by Gurulogic » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:41 am

Yeah, I like the gui too...no prob for me. And as far as this reverb being overhyped and nothing special, would you be so kind as to share with us what exactly we should be spending our $125 on that is so much better!? Personally I love this reverb!

elxicano
Posts: 1464
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:57 am
Location: NYC

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by elxicano » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:31 am

Gurulogic wrote:Yeah, I like the gui too...no prob for me. And as far as this reverb being overhyped and nothing special, would you be so kind as to share with us what exactly we should be spending our $125 on that is so much better!? Personally I love this reverb!
They work for a competitor :lol:

Or like b0unce said... they were sniffing glue.

Without a doubt, this is a great reverb. It's hard to beat this level of quality for $124.95. :)

Post Reply