Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
UncleAge

Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by UncleAge » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Just a heads up to those of you who might be interested. 2CAudio is having a group on their new reverb plugin, Aether. I played around with it for a bit and I was really impressed with it. The interface is not everyone's cup of tea but if you ignore that and dig a bit deeper I thnk you will find it's quiet a nice reverb pugin. Either way, the link to the group buy is:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=247750

The link to the original thread that started it all is:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=247053

My stable of reverb plugins outside of the included reverbs in my DAW programs includes Wizoo, Glaceverb and EpicVerb. I think that outside of acquiring a hardware unit, Aether, will round out my options for reverb nicely. If you have the time, really check it out and let me know what you think. I'm already on-board for the gb but I'd still like to hear what you all think about it. And as always, the more the merrier so if you like it jump on board cause the more we have the cheaper it is.

Thanks
Last edited by UncleAge on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

arachnaut

Re: GB: 2CAudio's Aether (fyi)

Post by arachnaut » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:08 pm

This is a very nice reverb.

Disclaimer: I was one of the beta testers for the product so I am a little biased.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:19 am

I have been demoing it and it is quite nice and pretty versatile. I'd maybe buy it at the lower prices in the group buy range.

In the interest of trying to get more people to notice, it might be worth changing the thread title to" Group buy: Aether Reverb" or something, for the people who a) don't know what GB stands and don't bother checking the thread or b) don't know that Aether is a reverb (It's pretty new, al lot of people haven't heard of it yet). Just a thought.
Professional Shark Jumper.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:27 am

I thought this had something to do with Great Britain :(

FAILR

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:33 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:In the interest of trying to get more people to notice, it might be worth changing the thread title to" Group buy: Aether Reverb" or something, for the people who a) don't know what GB stands and don't bother checking the thread or b) don't know that Aether is a reverb (It's pretty new, al lot of people haven't heard of it yet). Just a thought.
Thanks. And the changes have been made...

IP

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by IP » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:15 am

Is it better than the art acoustics reverb??? any demo around ? (real demo)

corneliusw

Post by corneliusw » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:13 am

Yes.. I think this sounds significantly better than the Arts Acoustic verb (which I still quite like). I'm tempted to say this is one of the best reverbs I've ever used. Hardware or software. At the time of demoing this reverb - I had an Eventide H8000 and a PCM96 in the studio on loan. This got very close and at times, surpassed both. It's great at very natural and very synthetic verbs. I can't think of a better all round reverb.

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:29 pm

IP wrote:any demo around ? (real demo)
There is a demo download at the company's website. It's been a while since I tried out the demo and I don't remember the the restriction. All I remember is that there was enough there to make a judgement.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:31 pm

This is a beautiful sounding reverb...

There are audio demos on their product page and there is also a demo of the program to download as well... here's the link:

http://www.2caudio.com/products/aether/index.html

I'm still trying to make sure I'll have the funds to pick this up, but even at the 50 signups level, I think this is a great deal.

Also, they've extended the GB (group buy, not Great Britain), so you have until April 26th to signup and payment is not due until May 1st. :)

IP

Post by IP » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:46 pm

UncleAge wrote:
IP wrote:any demo around ? (real demo)
There is a demo download at the company's website. It's been a while since I tried out the demo and I don't remember the the restriction. All I remember is that there was enough there to make a judgement.
elxicano wrote:This is a beautiful sounding reverb...

There are audio demos on their product page and there is also a demo of the program to download as well... here's the link:

http://www.2caudio.com/products/aether/index.html

I'm still trying to make sure I'll have the funds to pick this up, but even at the 50 signups level, I think this is a great deal.

Also, they've extended the GB (group buy, not Great Britain), so you have until April 26th to signup and payment is not due until May 1st. :)

Thanks very much! just play with it a bit, sounds excellent!
Art acoustics v. is fantastic too and i cant tell the difference (its all about settings on that level)

Im in for gb anyway, the reverb is real! nothing to do with live's reverb (sorry ;p)

Gurulogic

Post by Gurulogic » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Done! Count me in!

xherv

Post by xherv » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:32 am

I really like this reverb. It feels like there's something really alive in all the places where I usually expect to hear problems.

I think they said they had 50 people on it after just a couple days, this is the pricing scheme:

> 050 : $174.95
> 100 : $149.95
> 200 : $124.95
> 400 : $99.95

Current price outside of the group buy is ~$250, and will increase to $350 soon.
http://www.soundcloud.com/xherv
I know EVERYTHING that I know and you don't know, and don't know what I don't know that you know, so I'll ignore that stuff. Wassup now?

Bionecteur

Post by Bionecteur » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:53 am

I am in, too. Very good reverb...
ritsch, ratsch, klick

xherv

Post by xherv » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:52 pm

bump! :D
http://www.soundcloud.com/xherv
I know EVERYTHING that I know and you don't know, and don't know what I don't know that you know, so I'll ignore that stuff. Wassup now?

Gurulogic

Post by Gurulogic » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:13 am

Definately time for another :!: BUMP :!: 52 groupies and counting!
http://www.2caudio.com/promo/kvrgroupbuy/