Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
b0unce

Re: Group Buy: Aether Reverb

Post by b0unce » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:40 am

morerecords wrote:scam ableton
and btw, I didn't scam them you dickhead. They still haven't fixed that bug in live6, and like fuck I was going to take a refund on live6 (upgrade from5) after only being offered the refund as an alternative to fixing the bug, which i was told from day-one would be addressed in a 'future update' (as it turns out, live7.01). That was in excess of 10 months of making projects with live6.

Eat shit

:)
spreader of butter

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:34 am

ADverb and U-he's Ambience are great value and great at what they do. They do not compete with Aether, and neither company attempted to create a reverb on the scale of Aether. You don't believe me, then try contacting the devs. I'm sure they'll tell you the same thing.

Either you didn't try the demo, or you just posting crap for the hell of it.

Again ADverb and Ambience are extremely great. Worth buying if you haven't already. Owning both won't replace Aether, and you don't have to worry about Aether replacing either ADverb or Ambience. They're just not the same. Seriously though, check all things by AudioDamage and U-he if you haven't already. Top-notch stuff, especially Uhbik. This is another top-notch product by another company and best of all, buying from all 3 only makes for a powerful arsenal. They don't replace each other.

CSR at times has been less expensive than Aether (often on sale for $99), and IMO it is less impressive. You like CSR, fine, but the cool thing about Aether is that there's a demo for people to try. Make your own minds up. I'm confident that Aether will stand up very well if you have experience using reverbs.

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Fair enough bounce, everyone else. Enjoy the aether! I will step aside on this one, and stick with the couple reverbs I have already. My computer is barely powerful enough to run but one reverb at a time anyway! Next time I get some money together I hopefully can get myself a new computer...but I just got a midas venice 16 cnannel console SWEEEETTT!

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:29 pm

morerecords wrote:Fair enough bounce, everyone else. Enjoy the aether! I will step aside on this one, and stick with the couple reverbs I have already. My computer is barely powerful enough to run but one reverb at a time anyway! Next time I get some money together I hopefully can get myself a new computer...but I just got a midas venice 16 cnannel console SWEEEETTT!
Geezus that's a painful price tag!

As always, I have an extensive want list, but I need to be putting that money towards a new computer too. I just haven't made my mind up on what to pick up. :?

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 pm

Another bump!!

Today is the last day. The Group Buy ends at 12am PDT (Friday morning), so today is it!

In other words... LAST CHANCE!! ...try the demo, and don't wait to get this amazing reverb at an incredibly low price! :D 8O 8O :D :mrgreen: 8O :D

Soarer

Post by Soarer » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:13 pm

Hey Guys Another Live user here who signed up for Aether GB yesterday.
It's gonna be good to replace Live's reverb with Aether.
I love the sound of Aether's reverb and it has awesome sculpturing features.
Great for stereo imaging I think.

stockylocky

Post by stockylocky » Fri May 01, 2009 8:31 pm

Well it seems the time has come :D
Got an email saying Aether is ready but unfortunately when I try to use my coupon I get the message "You does not meet the date requirement for your account to receive the coupon".
Has anyone been successful in this yet?
Ta

stockylocky

Post by stockylocky » Fri May 01, 2009 8:45 pm

All cool, just tried again, downloading as I type, 268 was the final count.... :P

Soarer

Post by Soarer » Fri May 01, 2009 11:42 pm

Yeah I've got Aether installed and authorized all running well here -just in case anyone else might have problems

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Sat May 02, 2009 12:46 am

got mine this morning, works fine

socketghost

Post by socketghost » Sat May 02, 2009 10:08 am

I can't even get the plug to appear in my devices list - any one else got this problem? I'm on live 8.0.1 and Max OS 10.4.11 - I think it might be the latter that's the problem maybe..

coldbuggin

Post by coldbuggin » Sat May 02, 2009 10:13 am

live 8 and xp, aether is working perfectly

sschall

Post by sschall » Sat May 02, 2009 11:25 am

socketghost wrote:I can't even get the plug to appear in my devices list - any one else got this problem? I'm on live 8.0.1 and Max OS 10.4.11 - I think it might be the latter that's the problem maybe..
Same setup here. It appears as AU but not as VST.

Authorizing the AU works but only for the single instance. As soon as I throw in a second Aether on another track I have to authorize it again. Quite strange, I have contacted Anrew (2cAudio) about this.

Anybody else has the same problem?

Ballack13

Post by Ballack13 » Sat May 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Good shout and good looking out guys, unfortunately I just didn't have the dosh at that moment. :oops:

elblanco

Post by elblanco » Sat May 02, 2009 2:34 pm

working fine on osx 10.4.11 here (live 7), no problem with multiple instances. not showing up as vst though...