keeping Libraries [& Presets] seperate, with 7 & 8?/GUI lag?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xXxEVILxXx

keeping Libraries [& Presets] seperate, with 7 & 8?/GUI lag?

Post by xXxEVILxXx » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:39 am

not trying to add on to the topics of negativity of Live 8, but i recently upgraded my desktop [OSX 10.4.11, G5 Dual 2.5 PowerPC w/ 2 GB ram] and when i opened up a project that i'm working on [kind of big in size, but nothing my computer wasn't able to handle. i've been working on it in 7 for the last 2 months and never really had any issues with it] in Live 8, i noticed a pretty big "lag" with the GUI...

so i decided to try and go back into 7, to just finish the project in there and use Live 8 for newer projects. however, when i went back into 7, i noticed that i can't use some of the same drum racks and presets, that i've used before [not talking about what is already in the track, but adding new ones]. is this b/c of the upgrade? did it upgrade all my libraries and presets, so when i use 7, i won't be able to use the ones that have been updated?

was this also b/c i didn't make a new library when installing? would that be the only way to keep both versions independent from each other?

would like to be able to use 7 & 8 separately and without worrying about my libraries and presets not functioning like it is supposed to...

this also has stopped me from upgrading my Macbook Pro [2.33 Intel Core 2 Duo w 2GB ram] to Live 8. although my audio teacher said that my Macbook Pro would probably run Live 8 better...

can anyone give me advice and/or tips on how to resolve my library issues and also maybe the "lag" issues on my G5? also any advice about using 8 on a Macbook Pro would be pretty helpful...

thanks / respect...