ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
b0unce
Posts: 5379
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:16 pm

ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by b0unce » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:26 pm

Similar posting already, but the thread title was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/0 ... ce-assault

As for a little background, the met police seemed to be posturing (via statements published in british papers) in the weeks previous to the summit. It was tantamount to saying 'bring it on'

The initial blanket denial of any police contact with Ian is damning, and I don't think it bodes well for the truthfulness of future statements...



discuss, rant, rave, etc
spreader of butter

noisetonepause
Posts: 4935
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:38 pm
Location: Second row from the expensive puddle, under ten others

Re: ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:57 pm

Image
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

ethios4
Posts: 5377
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:28 am

Re: ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by ethios4 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:31 pm

That guy was clearly trying to detonate some sort of bomb in his pockets.

Hmmm, when did free speech and peaceful assembly become illegal in supposedly 'free' countries?

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:12 pm

meh.

I thought he was going to be ripped to pieces by those dogs. THAT would have been news.

:twisted: :| :( 8O

*Sorry. It really is tragic.*
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

brightonalex
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:30 pm

Re: ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by brightonalex » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:09 pm

Bounce, I thought the guy looked like he was taking the piss out of the police, as is his civil right.
And then a MASKED policeman appeared from nowhere, shoved him to the ground, and then disappeared.
The guy sat up and objected, so I don't think the policeman caused his death because he had a heart attack later.
But I think, if the police are allowed to come out with their faces masked, and use weapons on people, then they can hardly have a go at demonstrators that do the same.
It was fucking sinister. That policeman looked like a little thug, and they had dogs all over the place.
I don't know what my point is. The police need to be brought into line.

pulsoc
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:57 pm
Location: Baltimore
Contact:

Re: ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by pulsoc » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:11 pm

SEE?!?! Alex Whathisface is right!!!!!!!!!!!

mikemc
Posts: 5454
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:14 pm
Location: Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by mikemc » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:13 am

pulsoc wrote:SEE?!?! Alex Whathisface is right!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about that, there weren't any ominous low synth lines in this video....

but It is really bad, and really really sad.

what's going to come out of this: it will turn out the poor guy had a few in the bar on his way home, they'll blame that, he'll have had some minor run-ins, so they'll make him out to be a lowlife, and pretty soon some portion of the population will be muttering 'well, he was asking for it'.

Johnisfaster
Posts: 7251
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:34 am
Contact:

Re: ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:45 am

It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

dazzer
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:24 am

Re: ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by dazzer » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:23 am

brightonalex wrote:Bounce, I thought the guy looked like he was taking the piss out of the police, as is his civil right.
And then a MASKED policeman appeared from nowhere, shoved him to the ground, and then disappeared.
The guy sat up and objected, so I don't think the policeman caused his death because he had a heart attack later.
But I think, if the police are allowed to come out with their faces masked, and use weapons on people, then they can hardly have a go at demonstrators that do the same.
It was fucking sinister. That policeman looked like a little thug, and they had dogs all over the place.
I don't know what my point is. The police need to be brought into line.
New video on Channel 4 (just seen it on the web, I don't live in UK) showed that the cop hit him with a baton first before shoving him over. Guy was wearing a Millwall shirt, guess the cop saw it as "provocation".

I dunno, shock of all this could well cause a heart attack if you've got a dodgy heart?

Good on The Guardian (jihadist rag according to our Canadian friend in Afghanistan) for posting original vid, a report I read said BBC news first rejected it, tho no idea if that's true or not.

hoffman2k
Posts: 14717
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:41 am

Good thing the Medics were there to prevent any other ehrm.. Wtf is he doing?
Image

Emissary
Posts: 2431
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:27 am

Re: ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by Emissary » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:47 am

hoffman2k wrote:Good thing the Medics were there to prevent any other ehrm.. Wtf is he doing?
Image
So much for do no harm. I guess that doesn't apply to medics, nice to know. This country is a joke. The poor paying the rich to live, the intelligent beating down on the stupid, the young getting at the old. All signs that our current social structure is in rapid decline and will continue to do so until some kind of paradigm shift. Its beyond me why anyone would want this society to continue. The only decent thing i can see is free health service and even that is diabolical and probably kills as many as it saves through malpractice, low hygiene and lack of funds.

People are such loving kind creatures at heart, but we are continually manipulated and corralled into a frenzy like feeding fish. I hope no one on these boards is under any illusion that anything is going to get better from now on, Civilisation is in rapid decline , i hope its a fast collapse so we can begin to start building something better. A slow collapse may mean the end of us all in these truly global times. We have to remember that we the people and the knowledge we have accrued ARE civilisation, not the useless infrastructures, isms and ipods that float around us like scum on a pristine lake

Johnisfaster
Posts: 7251
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:34 am
Contact:

Re: ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:50 am

dazzer wrote:
I dunno, shock of all this could well cause a heart attack if you've got a dodgy heart?
is that the official cause of death? I would think a serious concussion could do it too. the video I saw doesn't show whether or not his head hit the ground.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Amberience
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:09 am
Location: London, UK

Re: ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by Amberience » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:10 am

Emissary wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:Good thing the Medics were there to prevent any other ehrm.. Wtf is he doing?
Image
So much for do no harm. I guess that doesn't apply to medics, nice to know. This country is a joke. The poor paying the rich to live, the intelligent beating down on the stupid, the young getting at the old. All signs that our current social structure is in rapid decline and will continue to do so until some kind of paradigm shift. Its beyond me why anyone would want this society to continue. The only decent thing i can see is free health service and even that is diabolical and probably kills as many as it saves through malpractice, low hygiene and lack of funds.

People are such loving kind creatures at heart, but we are continually manipulated and corralled into a frenzy like feeding fish. I hope no one on these boards is under any illusion that anything is going to get better from now on, Civilisation is in rapid decline , i hope its a fast collapse so we can begin to start building something better. A slow collapse may mean the end of us all in these truly global times. We have to remember that we the people and the knowledge we have accrued ARE civilisation, not the useless infrastructures, isms and ipods that float around us like scum on a pristine lake
Are you sure it's not the stupid beating down on the intelligent?

Warminstrel
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:40 am
Location: Bristol, South West, UK
Contact:

Re: ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by Warminstrel » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:11 am

If you say 'boo' to someone and they have a heart fatal attack, surely thats 'manslughter'

if you batter someone with a 3 kilogram truncheon resulting in a them suffering a fatal heart attack - Thats murder.

There have been two videos:

First showing the man being 'pushed' to the ground

A second, (from another angle) showing the push was in fact a truncheon blow.

Eye witnesses in the BBC media also account that he had been assulted by the same group of police officers a few seconds before the videos in a simmilar manner.

The official police report has the cause of death as a heart attack as yet they have not filled a report mentioning any of the video captured assault.

Police brutality has always been rife in the UK and has always blamed anarchists and protestors for instigating it. Diplomicy is not one of ther strong points.

Just ask the striking Miners and Stonehenge Festival goers of the 80's how 'diplomatic' the pigs in the uk are.

Least we forget.

the_antagonist
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:48 pm
Contact:

Re: ot - G20 London, man attacked by police, dies moments later

Post by the_antagonist » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:19 am

Amberience wrote:
Emissary wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:Good thing the Medics were there to prevent any other ehrm.. Wtf is he doing?
Image
So much for do no harm. I guess that doesn't apply to medics, nice to know. This country is a joke. The poor paying the rich to live, the intelligent beating down on the stupid, the young getting at the old. All signs that our current social structure is in rapid decline and will continue to do so until some kind of paradigm shift. Its beyond me why anyone would want this society to continue. The only decent thing i can see is free health service and even that is diabolical and probably kills as many as it saves through malpractice, low hygiene and lack of funds.

People are such loving kind creatures at heart, but we are continually manipulated and corralled into a frenzy like feeding fish. I hope no one on these boards is under any illusion that anything is going to get better from now on, Civilisation is in rapid decline , i hope its a fast collapse so we can begin to start building something better. A slow collapse may mean the end of us all in these truly global times. We have to remember that we the people and the knowledge we have accrued ARE civilisation, not the useless infrastructures, isms and ipods that float around us like scum on a pristine lake
Are you sure it's not the stupid beating down on the intelligent?

it used to be that the mods and teddies would fight n what not. but you never see drum n bass kids chasing deep housers down the street.

So at least music has changed for the better maybe one day governments will too.

Post Reply