name one professional

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
digitalgeist

Re: name one professional

Post by digitalgeist » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:27 pm

This thread...my god...it's full of lulz

8O

--
Thanks!
Alex K/ Digital Geist

http://www.digitalgeist.com

Daim

Post by Daim » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:47 pm

most stupid thread i read here yet

cperezzz

Post by cperezzz » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:43 pm

"I have been using Live since version 5 and have started to use Live exclusively for production and mixing, over the last couple of years. Live is that missing link for a producer like myself who is used to tracking somewhere upwards to 60 people at a time, as is the case with some of the Parliament-Funkadelic projects I've produced. Most of those sessions were finished in one day, recorded live and all in one take but I find that with the way digital recording systems are set up today, the fluidity needed to re-create those types of recordings, is just not there. You can easily lose the feel before you even begin. With Live, all of that has changed and creating music finally feels like it did before."

Junie Morrison - Ohio Players, Parliament-Funkadelic, Soul II Soul

now see, why didn't anyone point me towards this on the ableton site? this is close enough of an answer i was looking for.
world wide peacemaker

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:48 pm

^^look you've made this a better place!

next time you want to have a conversation with yourself though, you can just use a mirror. :lol:
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

digitalgeist

Post by digitalgeist » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:05 pm

cperezzz, I think what you're looking for is easily found by clicking here.
--
Thanks!
Alex K/ Digital Geist

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:12 pm

i've been waiting for that one... one of my favs!
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

cperezzz

Post by cperezzz » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:18 pm

no thanks. i used google to find the answer right before i came into this forum.
read my reply a few replies up...that dude that worked with the OHIO PLAYERS sounds confident in LIVE.

and please, before i contact the forum police, can you remove those pictures in the previous replies ? thank you.
world wide peacemaker

smutek

Post by smutek » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:21 pm

cperezzz wrote:
please, before i contact the forum police, can you remove those pictures in the previous replies ? thank you.
lol

Moody

Post by Moody » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:39 pm

I am going to guess that my "A List" is different from your "A List". The easiest way for one to decide is to download the 14 day full feature demo and use your own ears to decide if it is "A List" software. Personally I doubt that the people on your "A List" are going to be truthful about what they use or don't use.
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

cperezzz

Post by cperezzz » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:46 pm

Moody wrote:I am going to guess that my "A List" is different from your "A List". The easiest way for one to decide is to download the 14 day full feature demo and use your own ears to decide if it is "A List" software. Personally I doubt that the people on your "A List" are going to be truthful about what they use or don't use.
i'll be installing the demo after lunch.
world wide peacemaker

digitalgeist

Post by digitalgeist » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:59 pm

smutek wrote:
cperezzz wrote:
please, before i contact the forum police, can you remove those pictures in the previous replies ? thank you.
lol
+1
--
Thanks!
Alex K/ Digital Geist

Moody

Post by Moody » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:03 pm

cperezzz wrote:
Moody wrote:I am going to guess that my "A List" is different from your "A List". The easiest way for one to decide is to download the 14 day full feature demo and use your own ears to decide if it is "A List" software. Personally I doubt that the people on your "A List" are going to be truthful about what they use or don't use.
i'll be installing the demo after lunch.
Excellent choice, once you get it installed start blasting us with questions and posting some of your experiments. Wrapping your head around the workflow was the learning curve for me but, once locked in I now can't see going about it any other way. Other then possibly running around with a head full of acid and microphones taped to my body, Gonzo recording? Have fun!
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:07 pm

cperezzz wrote:no thanks. i used google to find the answer right before i came into this forum.
read my reply a few replies up...that dude that worked with the OHIO PLAYERS sounds confident in LIVE.

and please, before i contact the forum police, can you remove those pictures in the previous replies ? thank you.

While you're at it, could you request they make available a rolling eyes smiley the size of a pie plate?

thx in advance.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:59 pm

Moody wrote:Excellent choice, once you get it installed start blasting us with questions and posting some of your experiments. Wrapping your HAIR around the workflow was the learning curve for me but, once locked in I now can't see going about it any other way.
Fixed that for you.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

otnooishphoo

Post by otnooishphoo » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:20 pm

scott nathaniel wrote:But if you're truly , and weelly, weelly, seriously a boy band leftover, then you'll love LIVE. You can just push buttons and all these neat things start playing. In fact, you don't even have to be a musician, just a button pusher. Dink, DA-dink, Dink. And everything has to be 4 to the floor in Live, so it seems.

there is no make sound good button ala the simpsons though..

so he'll be out of luck.