OT: Currywurst

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
smartass303

Re: OT: Currywurst

Post by smartass303 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:02 am

SubFunk wrote:Mike? Say hello to him from axel, soniclab bratislava. Now in berlin, but this where we know each other from...
I actually know jeff miligan better, his label partner... Mike is a bit of a weirdo
i said hello but he told that he didnt really remember because he played bratislava that often. anyways, he wasnt weird, played nice music and in the end i got laid. so that was a nice evening.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:07 am

I'm sad to have learned the difference between a Frikandel and a Frikadel the hard way.
One is perfectly edible (depending on your region) the other is a dry meatball that my dog wouldn't touch even if starved for days.

And hey. Why not gulp it down with some Mixery? (Beer and Cola in a can)

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:31 pm

smartass303 wrote:
SubFunk wrote:Mike? Say hello to him from axel, soniclab bratislava. Now in berlin, but this where we know each other from...
I actually know jeff miligan better, his label partner... Mike is a bit of a weirdo
i said hello but he told that he didnt really remember because he played bratislava that often. anyways, he wasnt weird, played nice music and in the end i got laid. so that was a nice evening.

i am not surprised, they did feed him slovak pico a lot, stuff you should not touch, i warned him, because it is about 30/40 times stronger then crystal meth and fucks you right up as you can see... and he is a weirdo anyway, jeff is a cool and very funny guy though...

lucky bastard you getting laid!!! :D
*** Image GAFM ***

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:09 pm

SubFunk wrote: lucky bastard you getting laid!!! :D
yeah, but i had a hard time. the girl is working as a nurse on a intensive care station and talked all night long about scary shit. seriously...

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

smartass303 wrote:
SubFunk wrote: lucky bastard you getting laid!!! :D
yeah, but i had a hard time. the girl is working as a nurse on a intensive care station and talked all night long about scary shit. seriously...

:lol:

what men would not go through for some good dirty sex 8)
*** Image GAFM ***

astromass

Post by astromass » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:51 pm

currywurst...mmmm....
i forgot about this treat that i used to have living in aschaffenburg and stuttgart germany back in like 1989...damn good!
thanks for the rewind, mates!!!
now i will grab some nice lil sausages and mix up ketchup with some curry powder! good eats...
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:08 pm

It's both horrifying and exhilarating that a Currywurst thread has garned 3 pages on this forum.
8O
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:02 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:It's both horrifying and exhilarating that a Currywurst thread has garned 3 pages on this forum.
8O
LOL, I had no idea what what my love for sausage would spawn!

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:51 am

So if I love all kinds of curry and I can appreciate a good grilled bratwurst, is it safe to say I would like currywurst??

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:11 am

Believe it or not, the first time I had currywurst I took it up on a viewing platform next to Checkpoint Charlie, 1987, and munched while watching some drunk westerners baiting the east german border police. Shouting in german and then 'crossing the line' and jumping back again when the east german guys reacted.

The distance between the 'line' and the east german line of access booths, kind of like a toll booth but more heavily fortified was about 100m, I guess.

Then this office came out with two armed guards and marched, literally marched, across to the west berlin allied forced huts and demanded the US army guy take care of the drunkards. he was in there wityh his feet up reading the paper. He told them he was only authorised to talk to a Russian officer and they didn't recognise the east german armed police/armed forces. So they marched back to their side and the drunkards continued their baiting as if nothing had happened.

I wondered if it was a daily occurence.

It was surreal and kind of added to the experience of eating currywurst.

Since then i have had the pleasure of tasting currywurst in Koln and Frankfurt. I'd say Berlin's was the best.

Yhtomit

Post by Yhtomit » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:05 pm

curryworst special :mrgreen:

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Yhtomit wrote:curryworst special :mrgreen:

no way dude, this is dutch frikandel with mayo and odd ketchup without onions.

this is proper currywurst:

8O

Post by 8O » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:23 am

It's official:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... -the-world
38. Best place to eat: Currywurst
Konnopke's Imbiss, Berlin

The German obsession with currywurst – 800m portions of chopped sausage with sweet curry sauce are consumed each year – reaches its zenith in Berlin, where countless diners and roadside stalls vie for the currywurst crown. It's hard to improve on Konnopke's, which has been serving superlative sausage since 1930 under raised train tracks in Prenzlauerberg. Consume with fries and a cold bottle of Berliner Pilsner for maximum impact.

Schönhauser Allee 44a, Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, 0049 30 442 7765, http://www.konnopke-imbiss.de

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:28 am

8O wrote:It's official:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... -the-world
38. Best place to eat: Currywurst
Konnopke's Imbiss, Berlin

The German obsession with currywurst – 800m portions of chopped sausage with sweet curry sauce are consumed each year – reaches its zenith in Berlin, where countless diners and roadside stalls vie for the currywurst crown. It's hard to improve on Konnopke's, which has been serving superlative sausage since 1930 under raised train tracks in Prenzlauerberg. Consume with fries and a cold bottle of Berliner Pilsner for maximum impact.

Schönhauser Allee 44a, Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, 0049 30 442 7765, http://www.konnopke-imbiss.de
agreed, konnopke's is the best.
*** Image GAFM ***

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:52 pm

contakt321 wrote:I am up on döner (DELICIOUS), but this Currywurst business is amazing. For the New Yorkers on here, you owe to yourselves to check out the Currywurst spot on 1st Ave btw 7th and 8th Streets. Prepare for mind blowing goodness.

Nothing like regional street food. I wish someone from Iceland would open a Hlloli Batur here in NYC. I think I ate there 3 times in a week while I was there (then again I was broke at the time).
Hmmm. I dunno. Those Icelandic hot dogs were all hype IMO.