who do you report cracked software to for ableton?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dredd i knight

Re: who do you report cracked software to for ableton?

Post by dredd i knight » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:14 pm

i love scones

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Fri May 01, 2009 12:05 am

me too, especially cheese scones, yum yum. I also like muffins, banana nut being a current favourite from Tim Hortons here in Canada.

Now if only I could get some free DUPLICATES of those, that would be sweeeeet ... :D
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 01, 2009 12:12 am

dredd i knight wrote:i love scones

Me too. Plain ones, though. How is it that in every shop in the States you simply can't find plain ones anymore? WTF? It's all chocolatechip, blueberry, blah blah. No plain. I've been to every shop, so I know.

Mlah.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

dredd i knight

Post by dredd i knight » Fri May 01, 2009 1:01 am

the best scones i had were in devon with cream and jam on the side. i'd cast some your way but they dont travel too well.

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri May 01, 2009 1:21 am

there were rumors he was into field hockey players...

Sphinx

Post by Sphinx » Fri May 01, 2009 2:56 am

dphouse84 wrote:stealing is bad, why it takes 7 pages in a thread to get across a simple moral concept any 4 yr old should understand just baffles me.
I love watching people justifying their inappropriate actions...it's like watching a bad reality TV show! :lol:

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Fri May 01, 2009 4:16 am

leedsquietman wrote:Sacredgeometry - it takes a douche to know a douche. And I am certainly inferior in the douchery department next to Sacredgeometry, douche master (yes you know you display your plaque with pride).

I dare say you also excel in the fucktard category. :wink:

You've been here for 5 minutes and contributed NOTHING, except lay bare your guilty conscious and BS theories on illegal warez.
How about putting some music up, or responding to threads which matter, instead of wasting your time arguing like a spoiled 2 year old.
you have no idea ... what you are do you, you are the caus of problems for digital artists and musicians for a decade ...you are trying to convince people who on mass including myself bought this software that they should have more bullshit to put up with before they can get to their software......that my friend is retarded. I personally paid not to have the problems of cracked software not to add them. As a programmer myself i know that any code is undo-able, reversible, repackagable and crackable....you can never stop it. You came to a forum trying to rat out people by telling people who are obviously in a different league of comprehension and intelligence than you.

sorry that makes you immature, inexperienced and a little bit annoying.

sorry but i dont loose sleep over any code stolen from me, people in the market to buy or with the want to support me...ie the market of my products always buy.
even if its after years of trying eventually the software becomes a justified purchase as it is an essential tool in your work flow.

i dont need to justify stealing caus i dont do it, but then again i dont care if anyone else does because it doesn't effect me maybe you should spend more time using the expensive software you jsut bough instead of using it as a status symbol.

i mean come on you cant be that egotistical.

oh and i would upload some music but ....infact im going to do that now as you are right i should be contributing :)

peace

Brian
Last edited by sacredgeometry on Fri May 01, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Peace + Hugs

Brian

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Fri May 01, 2009 4:17 am

dredd i knight wrote:the best scones i had were in devon with cream and jam on the side. i'd cast some your way but they dont travel too well.
i agree although cornwall has the best clotted cream
Peace + Hugs

Brian

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Fri May 01, 2009 4:21 am

macmurphy wrote:
sacredgeometry wrote:and from experience i have witnessed over 50 of my friends going from cracked versions to payed....
You have 50 friends who use Live? Really?
yes i know alot of musicians/producers and i am quite sociable...hard to belive from the way im getting annoyed by this stupid topic but generally im quite a happy person haha ...infact im not being aggressive at all just trying to rationalize a point that this guy is only shooting himself in the foot noone else
Peace + Hugs

Brian

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Fri May 01, 2009 5:10 am

sacredgeometry wrote:
macmurphy wrote:
sacredgeometry wrote:and from experience i have witnessed over 50 of my friends going from cracked versions to payed....
You have 50 friends who use Live? Really?
yes i know alot of musicians/producers and i am quite sociable...hard to belive from the way im getting annoyed by this stupid topic but generally im quite a happy person haha ...infact im not being aggressive at all just trying to rationalize a point that this guy is only shooting himself in the foot noone else
Yeah it's not that i'm saying you're fibbing, it just seems quite a lot that's all :|

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Fri May 01, 2009 4:33 pm

haha welcome to the south west of england this is where all the electronic producers are hiding hahaha that was a conservative number really im not counting acquaintances or people i know just friends and it was a rough guess could be a little lower could be higher :)
Peace + Hugs

Brian

turok2step

Post by turok2step » Fri May 01, 2009 4:48 pm

solacerodgers wrote:I use demonoid for finding accapellas and old movies and such but just saw on the front page live 8????????? WTF this crap has got to be stopped. heres the link if anyone knows who to report this to.

***********************SORRY******************************

ableton doesnt care because they know pirated versions will timebomb and become utterly useless after n months. i started out with an illegitimate version but after it timebombed i had too much work invested and bought the thing. abes' strategy works.
:D

dredd i knight

Post by dredd i knight » Sat May 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Rave wrote:
dredd i knight wrote:i love scones
And the only way to pronounce it is how they do it in the north of England. :lol:
well that a bit of an ask mate! I say "scowns", but a lot of my friends say "scons", they cant help being wrong though and i try not to hold it against them. :P

dysanfel

Post by dysanfel » Sat May 02, 2009 2:53 pm

solacerodgers wrote: Do you not know this is what causes the prices of the software we buy to go up. Magix samplitude just went up in price because of this fact and I had to pay another 140.00 on top of the already 999.00 price tag for the software due to pirating. Waves have gone up, so have many many other companys products I use. I dont support it because it costs ME money in the long run I dont think im being a douchbag because I dont like to pay for others crap.
This argument is wrong because it is a fallacy of cause and effect. Piracy can't hurt the bottom line of a company because people who use cracked software would not buy it in the first place. Using that logic one could argue the opposite - since piracy increase the user base prices should go down. Both arguments are bad.

Pirates do not set the pricing of software, pirates do not implement silly protection schemes. In fact, since half the enjoyment of cracking is the reputation that goes along with cracking, copy protection schemes may actually encourage piracy.
Gig Rig - rMBP 2.3GHZ i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, OSX 10.13.x, Presonus FS, Live 10.x
Home Rig - i9 eight-core Hackintosh 32GB DDR4, 2nd Generation Scarlett 18i20, ADA8000, JoeMeek SixQ, Live 10.x

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat May 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Brian, you might not agree with my opinion, but my opinion is not exactly exclusive, although I have broad enough shoulders to take your opinion and laugh it off, because IMHO, it is quite laughable. If you look back through these pages, you will see many people who also disagree with your opinion, but I guess if you add in all of their names your post would be unreadable because people would tune out after after the first dozen names ...

Now do something constructive with your time and show yourself to be a useful resource on this site. And pass the scones. :wink:
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.