WILL MAX-FOR-LIVE USE **PACE* ANTI-PIRACY PROTECTION ?!?!?!?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kirillov

Re: WILL MAX-FOR-LIVE USE **PACE* ANTI-PIRACY PROTECTION ?!?!?!?

Post by kirillov » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:16 pm

Machinesworking wrote: You can't sell your copy of Max/MSP, or even give it away for instance.
Ive heard that bevore about another software, but I must say I dont think that this is legal. even when its written in the licence agreement.

in this forum, when pirating is discussed people are allways coming up with the point "you would also not steal a guitar from a musik store bla bla, so all I can say to licences like these is If I dont own what I buy (and ownership means: I can do with it whatever I want, and especially yes, I can fucking sell what I own) then I wont by it!

ps: Im a happy and proud live owner ;-) if the deal is ok, I buy the stuff. but I dont support companys who think they can force a coustomer to whatever they want and like to.
I guess this licence was an idea of the management just to sell more copys because they think they could make something traditionall like the second hand marked illegal just by saying so.
imagine tomorrow it would be ilegal to paint your own car because the buying contract says so!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:51 am

b0unce wrote:Fantastich, here's hoping they don't have a change of heart when it's released.

And yes rydan, I've had a similar experience. There's no real room for debate on PACE imo, you get guys who will stubbornly defend it as benign simply because they haven't been stung by it's failure. Find me someone who's encountered PACE issues and still thinks it's tolerable and I will gladly listen to what they have to say. The support you receive re: PACE problems is pretty laughable too. It can be summed up nicely in two words, 'tough shit'
Does this mean you don't own Altiverb anymore? I can't sell my copy of Cycling 74's Pluggo, and I'll be dammed if I don't at least us the software. So PACE is on my system no matter what. Plus Speakerphone is over used in my music.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:00 pm

I still own my PACE protected softwares, but it was a problem that took ages and more money (diskwarrior) to address. And like I said, support sucks shit. "Please don't contact PACE." lol, http://www.paceap.com/ilwebdnld4.html
spreader of butter

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:09 pm

b0unce wrote:I still own my PACE protected softwares, but it was a problem that took ages and more money (diskwarrior) to address. And like I said, support sucks shit. "Please don't contact PACE." lol, http://www.paceap.com/ilwebdnld4.html
Yeah, just the fact that they charge for phone technical support is fucked. Diskwarrior is good to have though, I've had disks that weren't mounting on the desktop that it fixed.