Omnisphere in Live 8 automation problem

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
RawTheory

Omnisphere in Live 8 automation problem

Post by RawTheory » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:41 pm

The problem is that all the device parameters in Omni's device window aren't there and are replaced with a "configure" button that tells me to add parameters there I need to click on them in the plugin window. Omni has an "enable host automation" button upon right clicking most parameters. The parameters don't show up. I don't get it. I thought I've gotten this to work in Live 8 and it works fine in Reaper. It could be a conflict between the host and plugin trying to do the same things. I'm not sure...

Is anyone else having trouble automating Omni's parameters in Ableton Live 8?
http://rawtheory.bandcamp.com/
i7 920, 12 gig ram, Live 8, Reaper, Stylus RMX, Omnisphere, Maschine, Trilian

Silwolffe

Re: Omnisphere in Live 8 automation problem

Post by Silwolffe » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:29 am

Hello,

I just opened up Omnisphere and was able to to apply the 'A' volume fader inside of the 'Main' screen into Ableton via the 'configure' option inside the VST Instrument in Live. I was then able to map the control to my midi-keyboard. I recorded a track, and adjusted the fader I assigned to my midi-keyboard as I recorded a small little sequence. It noticed the automation and recorded it appropriately.

All I did was click on 'configure' inside ableton, which loaded up the Omnisphere screen. I right-clicked which parameter I wanted to map and enabled Host Automation. Once that was done, I simply left-clicked on the *same* parameter and it appeared in the configuration panel inside Live.

RawTheory

Post by RawTheory » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:09 am

Thanks. evreythings workin fine know!
http://rawtheory.bandcamp.com/
i7 920, 12 gig ram, Live 8, Reaper, Stylus RMX, Omnisphere, Maschine, Trilian

lazyriverzz

Post by lazyriverzz » Thu May 07, 2009 8:00 pm

Hey Wollfe 8) Thank you so much dude 8) I have been searching for this answer for days now 8) It was frustrating the shite outa me 8)
AMD PHENOM 11 x4 940 - WIN 7 - 3ish GIG RAM - FOCUSRITE SAFFIRE - LIVE 8.2.2 Suite-
Anyone Who Insults Me..... Insults Rubbish.....