Live users and Maschine - an observation

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
continuous

Re: Live users and Maschine - an observation

Post by continuous » Mon May 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Roger that... really allows one to just work without fiddling with the mouse. The update looks very promising! It would be cool to check out some Ableton/Maschine users tracks that incorporate Maschine...

p.s. Looks like the Kore hw will also finally be able to be used as a midi controller as well!

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue May 12, 2009 8:00 am

hey when is this update coming out?

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Tue May 12, 2009 8:09 am

Which one- the Maschine update or the Kore update?
Both will be sometime this summer; when exactly I couldn't say.

ew

Allan A.Live

Post by Allan A.Live » Tue May 12, 2009 8:49 am

I bought Maschine a few weeks ago and after too much probs i returned it after 4 days, for me this was a half-baked product to this point, maybe this will change to be better now.

In the moment NI will offer Maschine with an integrated soundcard and a harddisk that you can built the Patterns on your computer an go to play out without a computer as standallone and offer more groups than 8 i will purchase it again, also for € 1000,--, or little more, the controller and the lightened interface with stepsequenzing is better than every MPC I thing, but I also thing thaht NI will never see the potential from Maschine as standallone. Real pity. :x

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue May 12, 2009 8:53 am

ewistrand wrote:Which one- the Maschine update or the Kore update?
Both will be sometime this summer; when exactly I couldn't say.

ew
yeah ew i was talking about maschine thanks

bog

Post by bog » Tue May 12, 2009 3:38 pm

great sample based maschine video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S17t5jlE96w

bog

Post by bog » Wed May 13, 2009 5:17 pm

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed May 13, 2009 8:44 pm

are those sample edits in the first clip that he does after he duplicates a pad are those sample edits destructive edits or non-destructive edits?
and is duplicating destructive or non-destructive?

Zky

Post by Zky » Mon May 18, 2009 12:42 pm

Last edited by Zky on Mon May 18, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zky

Post by Zky » Mon May 18, 2009 12:44 pm

Allan A.Live wrote:I bought Maschine a few weeks ago and after too much probs i returned it after 4 days, for me this was a half-baked product to this point, maybe this will change to be better now.

In the moment NI will offer Maschine with an integrated soundcard and a harddisk that you can built the Patterns on your computer an go to play out without a computer as standallone and offer more groups than 8 i will purchase it again, also for € 1000,--, or little more, the controller and the lightened interface with stepsequenzing is better than every MPC I thing, but I also thing thaht NI will never see the potential from Maschine as standallone. Real pity. :x
me too..i got it last week,,thinking on use it on studio with my other gear,,the box even said "extensive midi-mapping capabilities to control other hardware and software"..only to later realize that the midi in/out are only good for hook up a keyboard and to send-recieve clock ..no way to program sequences for my synths etc

the manager of the store was very cool to undertand this as a reason to give it back..wich im supposed to do it this week...yes the upcoming update may fix all this..but i dont know if i want to wait months for this to happen..

so i guess i have until friday to decide what to do here..

summer for release date mmmm..hope it's not end of the summer or so...

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Mon May 18, 2009 3:34 pm

Zky wrote:me too..i got it last week,,thinking on use it on studio with my other gear,,the box even said "extensive midi-mapping capabilities to control other hardware and software"..only to later realize that the midi in/out are only good for hook up a keyboard and to send-recieve clock ..no way to program sequences for my synths etc
Ah- in MIDI controller mode, the controller will control everything else; that's what the box refers to. The sequencing, etc. is the software, and not the controller.

ew

8O

Post by 8O » Mon May 18, 2009 4:10 pm

bog wrote:here's a new vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQSD3rCPp1E
Nice!

Near the start of the video and towards the end, you can hear some crackling effect like hard disk access or soundcard buffer problems. It could just be a youtube artefact, but I had the same effect when playing round with the Maschine (connected to a dedicated MacBook) at a music shop here in Berlin - and that was just with the factory samples, nothing fancy... Wonder if it's a real issue with Maschine?

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Mon May 18, 2009 4:20 pm

8O wrote:
Nice!

Near the start of the video and towards the end, you can hear some crackling effect like hard disk access or soundcard buffer problems. It could just be a youtube artefact, but I had the same effect when playing round with the Maschine (connected to a dedicated MacBook) at a music shop here in Berlin - and that was just with the factory samples, nothing fancy... Wonder if it's a real issue with Maschine?
If they haven't updated to the latest version- yeah, it could very well be. A lot of the kits, projects and FX have been optimized as far as CPU usage goes compared to the initial release.

There's also a few kits where you might want to trim down the group polyphony due to release times. The tabla kit can chew up a lot of CPU if you don't do that, for example.

ew

kb420

Post by kb420 » Mon May 18, 2009 8:23 pm

ewistrand wrote:
8O wrote:
Nice!

If they haven't updated to the latest version- yeah, it could very well be. A lot of the kits, projects and FX have been optimized as far as CPU usage goes compared to the initial release.

There's also a few kits where you might want to trim down the group polyphony due to release times. The tabla kit can chew up a lot of CPU if you don't do that, for example.

ew
If those crackles are a glitch in Mashcine, then that just took all the fun out of watching that video.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Mon May 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Haven't watched the video, wouldn't it be a buffer settings thing?