mpd 32 question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone

mpd 32 question

Post by Tone » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:03 am

I cannot figure out how to get the 16 pads to follow what is highlithed in drum racks.
isn't this a preset somewhere?
MacBook Pro 15", 2.0 i7 quad, 16 gb ram, OS X 10.10.2, Live 9.6, PUSH II
https://soundcloud.com/nitepeople

Jeroen

Re: mpd 32 question

Post by Jeroen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:40 am

It works for me, by using default live lite preset of MPD32 and choosing the device in the midi settings of live as controller.
O, yes, and choosing midi in and channels all; somehow the upper 8 seem to send to channel 2 and lower to channel 1. Not sure why, but does not matter.

And change the global pads settings to avoid RSI (global, pad thresholds (low) and sensitivity (high), Save)

Good luck,

J.
Life is made of stories not atoms

Tone

Post by Tone » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:13 pm

sigh....i checked everything twice, and then i reset the factorys again. now it works fine. thanks.
now i want to know how to map the grid slider so i can rifle through all the pads without touching the laptop.

Jeroen

Post by Jeroen » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:50 pm

just overrule by using the standard midi mapping technique ...

Jeroen

Post by Jeroen » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:53 pm

Note that the grid slider cannot be midimapped (was a request I put forward long time ago but there did not seem to be energy for that obne).

Note that standard mid live template the pad banks have been mapped to slide the grid of the drumrack but obviosuly with 3 padbanks not over the full range. Not sure how to accomplish what you want. You might need to solve it with a rack and midi note converts.

Let me know if you are able to get this done.

J.

Tone

Post by Tone » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:30 pm

that makes no sense at all how come we cant map the slider to shift in groups of sixteen? souds like such a simple thing to implement.

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:09 pm

open a drum rack in a channel, then duplicate the channel, in the first chanel drop a midi pitch plugin and you can use that to transpose your pads anywhere you want and asign it to a controler if you like.

set the second chanel with no midi pitch plugin to recieve the midi from the first drum rack, and use that track to record all your drums in midi overdub mode, if you try and record to the first chanel, when you use the midi pitch to transpose your pads to find more sounds it will transpose everything you previously recorded, you dont want that to hapen, so do all your recording to the second chanel and it wont.

it works great, but im new to racks and to midi controlers, so i dont know the ins and outs of racks or weather this could be set up in the rack somehow so you dont need the second chanel.

hope this helps a bit.