Axiom lesson

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sowhoso

Axiom lesson

Post by sowhoso » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:58 pm

when I try to start the lesson I get a message saying "M-Audio Axiom info already installed."

the lesson does not show up in the lesson menu where it's supposed to be (at the bottom). I think I unintentionally removed something

anyway, anyone know how to uninstall the info so I can start from scratch?

thx!

sowhoso

Re: Axiom lesson

Post by sowhoso » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:34 am

one more try ;)

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:15 am

I think there are no lessons about live and the specific controllers, its just a part of the lesson about midi controllers, but no special section about each controller.
KnobCloud - marketplace for audio software

dinaiz

Post by dinaiz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Having the same problem ! There is one about the Axiom, but for some reason, it doesn't work with live 8, while it used to, with live 7. any info apreciated ! :-)

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:22 pm

sorry, i should have been more clear about which lesson.

Third Party Products:
http://downloads.ableton.com/packs/50/a ... torial.zip

it's from this page:
http://www.ableton.com/livepacks

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:21 pm

one last bump for help

(this forum is hoppin!)

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:09 pm

sowhoso wrote:one last bump for help

(this forum is hoppin!)
There is definitely an issue with Live 8 and the Axiom controllers. According to Nico the Axiom should be one of the natively supported control surfaces in Live 8's control surface chooser menu and on my machines it's not there. Could you check on your machine and determine in preferences if it is showing up in your device chooser for control surfaces? I even downloaded the pack again and installed it. No change. I believe this will be corrected via the first update to Live 8 but I am in no way certain. For right now I am manually mapping the Axiom to Live the classic way.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:02 pm

sorry again, :( I need to be more informative. I'm on version 7

I just need to learn how to get rid of the currently installed lesson info so I can re-install the whole lesson and make it appear again in the lesson menu

this is purely a local issue, i'm sure

dinaiz

Post by dinaiz » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Oh if it's just that, go to preferences, then click on options, then library and select the Axiom pack. Then click on "uninstall" !

Still I tried that then reinstall and it didn't work for me, but you can try it !

And for DrXparaMental, do you have live 8.01 ? Because my axiom works perfectly with it. The problem I have is for the lesson, not the device itself

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:30 am

dinaiz wrote:Oh if it's just that, go to preferences, then click on options, then library and select the Axiom pack. Then click on "uninstall" !
that works, but for future reference, it should be: options>preferences>live packs (live7)

yay! thx :D

DrXparaMental

Post by DrXparaMental » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:11 am

dinaiz wrote:Oh if it's just that, go to preferences, then click on options, then library and select the Axiom pack. Then click on "uninstall" !

Still I tried that then reinstall and it didn't work for me, but you can try it !

And for DrXparaMental, do you have live 8.01 ? Because my axiom works perfectly with it. The problem I have is for the lesson, not the device itself
Device works perfect in manual midi map mode in Live 8.01. However, the Axiom is "supposed" to show up in the control surface device chooser but it doesn't. At least not for me. This is so an Ableton Axion template can be downloaded to the axiom device via the "dump" feature in the preferences. The Axiom shows up in the "in & out" choosers, but not in the "control surface chooser" The lesson also does not work and I think that's because Live doesn't recognize it as an internal control surface.

Rogue Scrunt

Post by Rogue Scrunt » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:00 pm

Grappadura wrote:I think there are no lessons about live and the specific controllers, its just a part of the lesson about midi controllers, but no special section about each controller.
you are completely wrong.

There is a 10 page lesson on using the axiom wit Ableton Live
for lots of great records, check out,
http://stores.ebay.com/id=64360994?ssPageName=ME:F:ST

Newecho

Post by Newecho » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:59 pm

sowhoso wrote: anyway, anyone know how to uninstall the info so I can start from scratch?

thx!
I wrote a detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to get the Axiom working with Ableton Live. Give it a look here
http://www.modulatethis.com/2007/05/how ... _the_.html

Mark Mosher
http://www.twitter.com/markmosher
http://www.markmoshermusic.com

Live 8 Suite;HP DV6; Novation Remote SL, Launchpad, Tenori-On White, AudioCubes, Moog Etherwave Theremin;Alchemy,Sylenth1,Absynth,ACE,Synplant,Harmles,Gladiator 2,Dimension Pro...

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:53 am

very nice Mark! cool illustrations

thx!