Beta version for upcoming bugfix update! Live 8.0.2b1!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Friedemann

Re: Beta version for upcoming bugfix update! Live 8.0.2b1!

Post by Friedemann » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi,

regarding the library update: we made a bunch of fixes for presets, including fixing typos in preset names and annotations. Most of them apply to Suite content but some also to content that can be used in Live, e.g. effect presets and locked racks. The final release of 8.0.2 will contain them all, just for the beta we thought we provide a smaller download as an alternative.

Best, Friedemann
Friedemann Schautz
schautz@ableton.com

8O

Post by 8O » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Thanks for the info. Downloaded the 440MB package to make sure I didn't miss anything... :)

Poster

Post by Poster » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:24 pm

Added an option for the Options.txt file to support Wacom Tablets. Adding the line ”-AbsoluteMouseMode” into Options.txt file switches Live into absolute mouse position mode.
ooh my goodness I also missed this..
:D :D :D :D

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:35 pm

high five on the group tracks launch button
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

leinad

Post by leinad » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:23 pm

-AbsoluteMouseMode

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
8.1, Windows 7 (32 bit)

leinad

Post by leinad » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:25 pm

leinad wrote:-AbsoluteMouseMode

uhm, damn, does not work on the scaling/scrolling of the piano roll in the midi editor. here we go... :(
8.1, Windows 7 (32 bit)

8O

Post by 8O » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:32 pm

leinad wrote:

uhm, damn, does not work on the scaling/scrolling of the piano roll in the midi editor. here we go... :(
Yeah, same here, I missed that one. Funny, as arrangement scaling/scrolling works fine...

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:49 pm

I see from the list of bugs fixed that my novation SL and Nocturn are still going to be useless for plugin automation.

Seriously, abes, this is one thing that should have been at the TOP of the list. Live does not recognize parameter changes caused by automap server. The nobs move and stuff in the plugin allright, but live simply does not "see" it happening. Doesnt configure the parameters when they're moved, doesnt update the parameter when its already been configured, and certain doesn't record any automation in the arrangement.

This is an oversight big enough to be a disgrace for the 8.0.1 release, but the fact that it STILL isnt fixed in the 8.0.2 update is appalling.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:07 pm

Android Bishop wrote:I see from the list of bugs fixed that my novation SL and Nocturn are still going to be useless for plugin automation.

Seriously, abes, this is one thing that should have been at the TOP of the list. Live does not recognize parameter changes caused by automap server. The nobs move and stuff in the plugin allright, but live simply does not "see" it happening. Doesnt configure the parameters when they're moved, doesnt update the parameter when its already been configured, and certain doesn't record any automation in the arrangement.

This is an oversight big enough to be a disgrace for the 8.0.1 release, but the fact that it STILL isnt fixed in the 8.0.2 update is appalling.
Can you confirm the server is outputting midi? Like with a MIDI Monitor.

There's no magic going on with the automap. Its all MIDI.
I don't have one of these units at hand, but my guess is its either setup badly or Novation's app doesn't cut it.

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:17 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
Android Bishop wrote:I see from the list of bugs fixed that my novation SL and Nocturn are still going to be useless for plugin automation.

Can you confirm the server is outputting midi? Like with a MIDI Monitor.

There's no magic going on with the automap. Its all MIDI.
I don't have one of these units at hand, but my guess is its either setup badly or Novation's app doesn't cut it.
A) if I'm using automap to control a MIDI template (i.e. in the "user" category) then yes it outputs midi and I can assign it to Live no problem. That isn't the issue though, which brings me to:

B) I'm pretty sure it isn't just midi, as automap is controlling the plugins via a wrapper that directly controls the parameters from the automap server. This enables it to control these parameters at a higher resolution than midi would allow. That's the problem, nobody at Ableton took into consideration that plugin control might be controlled by something other than mouse movements or internally routed MIDI, so when I move parameters around using my nocturn via the automap server Ableton doesn't "see" it even though the plugin does.

C) Not a novation issue. The automap software is working fine, the parameters are being controlled just as I expect them to, and it records automation fine in version 7. Its Live 8 that doesn't see it and its probably due to an oversight the new plugin configuration code.

djod

Post by djod » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:18 pm

8O wrote:
leinad wrote:

Yeah, same here, I missed that one. Funny, as arrangement scaling/scrolling works fine...

:mrgreen: THANK :mrgreen: YOU :mrgreen: ABLETON. :mrgreen:

So only a little fix for the piano roll and we're done.
did I say:

:mrgreen: THANK :mrgreen: YOU :mrgreen: ABLETON. :mrgreen:

O guess I Did hehe :lol: :mrgreen:

leinad

Post by leinad » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:14 pm

thank you thank you thank you once again. really! thank you for supporting tablets now. thank you.

von ganzem herzen.
8.1, Windows 7 (32 bit)

SWIFT976

Post by SWIFT976 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:13 pm

'Configure' mode still isn't working on plugins that are opened in FX Teleport... :cry:

Poster

Post by Poster » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:25 am

5 years of wacom struggle finally ended..

thank you..
von ganzem herzen..

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:29 am

After actually testing the new beta, I have to recant my bitch-fest up there because they appear to have fixed it in this release (I'll be damned why they didnt mention it in the bugfix list).

Sowwy