Ableton 8 Mouse Issues

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Bizon

Ableton 8 Mouse Issues

Post by Bizon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:50 pm

I own a Logitech (V470) bluetooth mouse that I use in Ableton 8 on my Macbook pro (unibody). However, ever since I upgraded to Ableton 8 from Ableton 6 I am seeing issues with the scroll wheel on my mouse. When I scroll slowly nothing happens in the ableton window. If I scroll fast the screen moves in the corresponding direction as it should. This is getting really annoying as the mouse works fine everywhere else.

Anyone else having similar issues?

jeffplaysmoog

Re: Ableton 8 Mouse Issues

Post by jeffplaysmoog » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:08 pm

Yup. Im having the same issue on the same computer with the same mouse... Not by though and not unibody mbp
Mac Book Pro 2.33ghz, 2gig Ram, OS 10.5, Ableton Live 8 Suite, APC40

locojohn

Post by locojohn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:22 pm

jeffplaysmoog wrote:Yup. Im having the same issue on the same computer with the same mouse... Not by though and not unibody mbp
I am in the same boat with the same problem, the same mouse and not only in Ableton. I got a black MacBook from last year (this is also when I bought this otherwise very nice mouse). When I go to see the list of CPU processes and try to scroll down, it's often stuck, though the keyboard arrows/pgup/pgdn still work.. very annoying!

Logitech doesn't seem to have any updates for the Logitech Control Center/Mouse driver that I am having so I assume I have the latest.

Andrejs
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/

Bizon

Post by Bizon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:34 pm

locojohn wrote:
jeffplaysmoog wrote:Yup. Im having the same issue on the same computer with the same mouse... Not by though and not unibody mbp
I am in the same boat with the same problem, the same mouse and not only in Ableton. I got a black MacBook from last year (this is also when I bought this otherwise very nice mouse). When I go to see the list of CPU processes and try to scroll down, it's often stuck, though the keyboard arrows/pgup/pgdn still work.. very annoying!

Logitech doesn't seem to have any updates for the Logitech Control Center/Mouse driver that I am having so I assume I have the latest.

Andrejs

I really don’t think it’s the mouse. Like I said, for me it worked perfect in ableton 6. It is only when I went to 8 that I started to see this problem. In addition, in all other programs (firefox, Microsoft office, any standalone vst, or even regular OSX windows) the mouse works and tracks with no issues. I have tried scrolling as slow as possible in all these and it picks it up with no issue while in ableton 8 I have to vigorously scroll for it to register.

no_barcode

Post by no_barcode » Sat May 16, 2009 2:36 am

Same problem here. Nothing happens if I scroll with the mouse wheel very slowly.
iMac 21"; 10.8.4; 16GB RAM; 500GB HDD; Mackie Onyx Blackjack

greta

Post by greta » Sat May 16, 2009 7:39 am

I am having similar problems with a Logitech VX Cordless mouse. Only in 8 though as it still works fine with Live 7.

dlwhite

Post by dlwhite » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:06 pm

I'm having a similar issue as well. Mouse works fine in all other applications, but in Live 8.0.3 I have to move the wheel really fast to get the Live browser scroll bar to move at all. Very frustrating. And I sure do wish the mouse wheel would control sliders and dials when selected.

auditory canvas

Post by auditory canvas » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:15 pm

The issue was apparently fixed in 8.04.

Quote from the update of changes:

"On Mac OS X, slow mouse wheel changes would not work properly [5552]"