am i the only one who isn't excited about the apc40

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Geezus

Re: am i the only one who isn't excited about the apc40

Post by Geezus » Sun May 10, 2009 6:17 am

Tone Deft wrote:yo man, it's not a groovebox either.

Thurs night I held one, saw it in action. it will let you play back a performance in Live without touching the keyboard or mouse.

Yeah I got my hands on one too, and I can't believe the drama over this thing. Also find it ridiculous that people here expected it to prevent them from ever looking at their monitor too. Go buy a Lemur if you want a huge LCD screen you can also touch. I dont see what the big deal about looking at your monitor is. I use it with my novation Automap GUI and love it, I happen to enjoy using graphics to help me make music.

EgAD

Post by EgAD » Sun May 10, 2009 7:48 am

who would have thought there would be so much limited thinking going on at the forefront of the electronic community, so people want vel pads, why shouldn't they want vel pads I thought the name of this thing was APC maybe they should have called the fucker Elvis instead. people have been using everything under the sun since the dawn of electronic time to get a good groove goin out whatever box there may be in front of them and now they want to get it out of the APC so why all the limited thinking.
what are you gonna do if you go to a show and see somebody wackin out a beat on the apc are you gonna walk out haha. give the kids what they want and they'll take care of ya

TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Sun May 10, 2009 9:35 am

WILL IT WANK ME OFF AT A STEADY 140BPM THATS ALL I NEED TO KNOW RIGHT NOW

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Mon May 11, 2009 12:49 am

Geezus wrote:
MrYellow wrote: One thing about the APC I don't understand, those backlit buttons aren't velocity sensitive are they?

-Ben

No, they aren't. I really dont see what is so hard to understand about this. Those are not drum pads. They are clip triggers. The price of the unit would massively increase if they made the buttons velocity sensitive, which is a feature that isn't even remotely useful in the context of what they are designed to do in the first place.
Yes. They are clip triggers. Clip triggers designed for integration with Ableton Live.

Ableton Live features velocity triggering of clips. A safe assumption would be that a
controller designed to closely match the Ableton UI would include velocity sensitive buttons.

They could take out the dead faders and replace the buttons with velocity sensors if cost is an issue.

-Ben

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Mon May 11, 2009 12:50 am

Tone Deft wrote::roll: it's not a drumpad controller, simple as that, doesn't matter how teh interweb people want to rant about it. get an mpd FFS.

the price would definitely go way up, that's a LOT of buttons to make velocity sensitive. come to think of it, it would be way too many drum sounds. how large of a multisampled drum kit would you want to play, or rather how big of one could your computer handle. also, the buttons would be too small to make a good drum controller.

it just doesn't make sense. it's simply a controller for Live, ranting about it doesn't change that.
Because we all know the only sample ever used by any of us is drum sounds.

Shit I've never seen anyone sample anything into an MPC other then drums lol :-)

People make such shit music when it has dynamics and human groove :-)

-Ben

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon May 11, 2009 1:01 am

there's a fine line between sarcasm and retardation. you just vomited all over it.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon May 11, 2009 1:04 am

TITBAG wrote:WILL IT WANK ME OFF AT A STEADY 140BPM THATS ALL I NEED TO KNOW RIGHT NOW

It's simply criminal that you aren't a beta tester for the APC. I would pay hard earned cash to read your beta test reports.

Done.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

POLYGLOTT

Post by POLYGLOTT » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:16 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
TITBAG wrote:WILL IT WANK ME OFF AT A STEADY 140BPM THATS ALL I NEED TO KNOW RIGHT NOW

It's simply criminal that you aren't a beta tester for the APC. I would pay hard earned cash to read your beta test reports.

Done.

hahahahahahaha
+1

damnit.

auditory canvas

Post by auditory canvas » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:00 am

POLYGLOTT wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:

Done.

hahahahahahaha
+1

damnit.
140 bpm? Damn son, slow down, it isn't a biscuit race, take it easy on the short strokes, it'll reduce the chafing. :-)

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:02 am

auditory canvas wrote:
POLYGLOTT wrote:
hahahahahahaha
+1

damnit.
140 bpm? Damn son, slow down, it isn't a biscuit race, take it easy on the short strokes, it'll reduce the chafing. :-)
one man's 140bpm is another man's 70bpm. ;)

bowchikabowow
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

synnack

Post by synnack » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:08 am

This is still keeping me from buying one. http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=116716
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:12 am

I bought mine...

I just havent received it.

Curse you Musician's Friend. Curse you.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:00 am

9 pages later and i am pretty excited...