am i the only one who isn't excited about the apc40

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone Deft

Re: am i the only one who isn't excited about the apc40

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 01, 2009 9:19 pm

http://www.akaipro.com/apc40

16.88” x 13.13” x 2.62” (WxDxH) / 429mm x 334mm x 67mm (WxDxH)
about the same footprint as a turntable.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Fri May 01, 2009 9:23 pm

Tone Deft wrote:premature speculation. the thing isn't even out yet and people are dogging it. it's mostly maschine owners taking the piss, go figure.
ok i want my kaosillator back homey!!!!!!!!!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 01, 2009 9:41 pm

john gordon wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:premature speculation. the thing isn't even out yet and people are dogging it. it's mostly maschine owners taking the piss, go figure.
ok i want my kaosillator back homey!!!!!!!!!
sure, that'll bee $300. :P
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 01, 2009 9:44 pm

Tone Deft wrote:http://www.akaipro.com/apc40

When did people start feeling a turntable has elephantitis?

I guess I'm going to have to blame the iphone and Korg nanners for this one.

Fuck it, 4 Dance Dance Revolution pads can do what an APC40 can. Fuck the APC!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 pm

beats me wrote:

whaddya mean? all I wrote is that it's the same size.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 01, 2009 9:50 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
beats me wrote:

whaddya mean? all I wrote is that it's the same size.
What I mean is all the Tiny Tims on here complaining about how monstrously big the thing is. A turntable isn't exactly the Hummer of music gear.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 01, 2009 9:55 pm

gotcha. I glossed over the haters, could it be more obvious that people are complaining about something they don't have a f-ing clue about? it's not out yet, it could very well change.

Akai and Ableton have the upper hand, they get to study the competition for a while before releasing their product. you know Ableton and Akai have had maschines in their offices for months and are surely picking it apart. they could very well tweak the release software to make it a maschine killer, you know they'd love nothing more than to make NI look like fools.

christ, I'm already an APC fanboy. :oops:
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

kristoffer1989

Post by kristoffer1989 » Fri May 01, 2009 10:03 pm

myselv ii am pretty stocked about the apc, i do think its a bit to big though.. i would love to just have the clip matrix. But again its mixed feelings. Its cool to just have one piece of gear covering it all, but i know that if i buy the apc i wont drag it to musicshool every day.. if a get just the cli matrix i will put it in a bag with my faderfox, nanopad, nanokeys and soundcard =)
Kristoffer Lislegaard
Myspace - Soundcloud - Vimeo

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Fri May 01, 2009 10:21 pm

Tone Deft wrote:gotcha.
christ, I'm already an APC fanboy. :oops:
Tone, don't let this become you!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 01, 2009 10:22 pm

8O
/looks over right shoulder.

where you at? I know you're around here, I'll find you!!!
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 01, 2009 10:48 pm

kristoffer1989 wrote:myselv ii am pretty stocked about the apc, i do think its a bit to big though.. i would love to just have the clip matrix. But again its mixed feelings. Its cool to just have one piece of gear covering it all, but i know that if i buy the apc i wont drag it to musicshool every day.. if a get just the cli matrix i will put it in a bag with my faderfox, nanopad, nanokeys and soundcard =)
So maybe if they made the APC capable of rolling up like a sleeping bag it would be cool to everybody.

Sorry, but I'm still laughing at the people perfectly willing to lug around 4 or 5 pieces of gear but not 1 (that fits in a gear bag, maybe not yours)

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Fri May 01, 2009 10:54 pm

beats me wrote:
kristoffer1989 wrote:myselv ii am pretty stocked about the apc, i do think its a bit to big though.. i would love to just have the clip matrix. But again its mixed feelings. Its cool to just have one piece of gear covering it all, but i know that if i buy the apc i wont drag it to musicshool every day.. if a get just the cli matrix i will put it in a bag with my faderfox, nanopad, nanokeys and soundcard =)
So maybe if they made the APC capable of rolling up like a sleeping bag it would be cool to everybody.

Sorry, but I'm still laughing at the people perfectly willing to lug around 4 or 5 pieces of gear but not 1 (that fits in a gear bag, maybe not yours)
These are the same people who think making music and creating a new playlist are one and the same.

kristoffer1989

Post by kristoffer1989 » Fri May 01, 2009 10:56 pm

beats me wrote:

Yeah i agree with your point. Its just that one day i am maybe playing and ambientset where i just need my faderfox, next playing with a band and using the nanopad as a sampletrigger, then next day just composing with nothing more than the nanokey. That's the ting. I have to carry this things around. And i have to bring, laptop, soundcard, cables, mac, and headphones anyways so anyting that i can leave at home that day stayes at home. that's my point=)
Kristoffer Lislegaard
Myspace - Soundcloud - Vimeo

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat May 02, 2009 12:10 am

kristoffer1989 wrote:
beats me wrote:

Yeah i agree with your point. Its just that one day i am maybe playing and ambientset where i just need my faderfox, next playing with a band and using the nanopad as a sampletrigger, then next day just composing with nothing more than the nanokey. That's the ting. I have to carry this things around. And i have to bring, laptop, soundcard, cables, mac, and headphones anyways so anyting that i can leave at home that day stayes at home. that's my point=)
Yeah, I realize in some circumstances the APC would be overkill, but I'm more laughing at the people with an elaborate multi-piece setup with a combined foot print far large than 1 APC and they don't see the advantage...like it's one more thing to add instead of a replacement for multiple devices.

Who knows, in the future maybe Akai will make a different APC with a larger grid that you can detach from the rest of the interface and use stand alone.

continuous

Post by continuous » Sat May 02, 2009 12:24 am

Well I gotz a Le Maschine and I'm still hot for the APC!

But I've got too much stuff already so probably the bcr2000 will go on CL, though I am wondering if I should keep it to control Modul8. Can't buy ANYTHING for like a year now that I just did an X-Station. Just mumbling to myself here... pay no attention. :|
Last edited by continuous on Sat May 02, 2009 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.