m0nolake at bloc :]

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
David

m0nolake at bloc :]

Post by David » Sun May 03, 2009 2:48 am

just returned from monolake at bloc :] I have some great photos! :}}

ALL kind's of shenanigans kicking of now.. yes!

love, love, lof3, loc3, love k love, love, love, love,love, lov3, lofe life, live, lov4, lover,

0k that's enough, love.> :]

timothyallan

Re: m0nolake at bloc :]

Post by timothyallan » Sun May 03, 2009 3:08 am

This is from the last one... Image

kristoffer1989

Post by kristoffer1989 » Sun May 03, 2009 10:39 am

pics or stfu :D
Kristoffer Lislegaard
Myspace - Soundcloud - Vimeo

David

Post by David » Sun May 03, 2009 12:10 pm

pics will be presented soon...

once i get backhome, and can upload them onto the glow worms web...

David

Post by David » Sun May 03, 2009 10:18 pm

as promised.. some pics..

cheers ;]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14733611@N03/

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Mon May 04, 2009 10:26 am

So, there was a crash mid-set huh?

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Mon May 04, 2009 12:26 pm

yep. could not resist using a max4live pre-beta version....
funny thing: after relaunching, my live set by itself decided which clip to start next. so i just followed it and it was okay...

a bit annoying: i came with my friend Tarik, who's doing really cool video. however, it was barely visible, because the projection was so shitty, the light guy refused to dim the lights, there was fog (!!! great for video ) and so on. And we only had 30 minutes of soundcheck. WHY WHY WHY do people write tech riders ??? I could have sent a copy of ZOO magazine instead, it would have made no difference... ( I am not blaming the audio guys, they were cool and it was not their fault )

R.

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Mon May 04, 2009 12:51 pm

A pre-beta version on stage, that's pretty bold.
You can get away with it though - your patches even make their own decisions apparently. :lol:

subunit23

Post by subunit23 » Mon May 04, 2009 1:04 pm

I think it was a real shame the screen was hidden behind the performers as Tarik's visuals were so great! From the dancefloor only a tidy portion was visible... Probably the promoters couldn't care less and didn't realise it was supposed to be an audio-visual experience. I also found that from the dancefloor the sound was way too bassy. Sometime to the point were it would mask most the the other sounds and textures. Despite all that, a great show!

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon May 04, 2009 1:09 pm

Q: What was playing on Robert's iPod that he's got plugged into the board when the crash occurred?

A: ______________________
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Mon May 04, 2009 3:09 pm

Ipod: i really thought: I should have an ipod for those cases....

re: bass: yes, sorry to hear that. i heard a few people telling me this. the problem was that on stage it felt like there was way to much high frequencies going on, and since the sub was located right below us, it was super hard to tell how the bass felt outside. especially without being able to perform a sufficient sound check. my fault, i should have insisted in having more time. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

R.

slow riot

Post by slow riot » Mon May 04, 2009 4:57 pm

great and fun gig.

bass was slightly distorting at times during Monolake I felt, but not uncomfortably so. would have made no difference to most people's experience of the night.

I was speaking to someone next to one of the speakers. Apparantly a sound guy came over and asked 'does it sound ok?' to which the person said 'yeah I guess', and that was that.

Hopefully not incriminating any people especially by mentioning that. Maybe even I imagined it. Probably best to trust your own ears as much as is possible either way though. (edit.. mentioning this generally and not as any kind of specific criticism)

I was enjoying the visuals however there was a man sat on a fence whilst Appleblim was playing who was directly obscuring my view. :)

heheh, only joking. But yes, it doesn't seem like the promotors had taken the visuals into account at all. Which is sad, as good visuals are very much on a similar wavelength to good music (in my opinion).
Last edited by slow riot on Mon May 04, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ibook g4, osx 10.4.7, maudio f/w audiophile, novation sl25

myspace

slow riot

Post by slow riot » Mon May 04, 2009 5:01 pm

and yeah Ipod is probably a very good idea. Crashes can disrupt the flow of things, increase anxeity amongst performers of all kinds (dancers and musicians likewise), and draw unnecessary attention to things outside the flow of repetetive beats.

But obviously, I don't think there were any serious injuries from the crash on sat night :) .

myspace

subunit23

Post by subunit23 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:22 pm

slow riot wrote:bass was slightly distorting at times during Monolake I felt, but not uncomfortably so. would have made no difference to most people's experience of the night.

I was speaking to someone next to one of the speakers. Apparantly a sound guy came over and asked 'does it sound ok?' to which the person said 'yeah I guess', and that was that.
I guess the room had such a shape that bass frequencies were hugely amplified in some areas. I was in the middle of the dancefloor to experience the surround sound and the distortion was quite important there. On the other hand the high frequencies did cut through very well and hats and percs sounded like razor blades. Very cool...

slow riot

Post by slow riot » Mon May 04, 2009 9:33 pm

hmm. I was quite close to speakers for the most part. So didn't experience the surround stuff fully unfortunately.

I actually thought the slightly high bass added to the sound a bit. Definitely had no major complaints about the set though. Very nice. Appleblim was also wonderful. Very techno sounds from him, I thought. Nice continuity in grooves between both acts.

Housier stuff was kinda fun too.

myspace