OT: MS Windows 7

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Tympanic
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:22 am

Re: OT: MS Windows 7

Post by Tympanic » Tue May 19, 2009 5:48 pm

hrmpf, this is bad news for me. what the heck could it be.
i have the newest live 8.02, the newest Win7 RC and everything is completely fresh
installed. How the hell can that even be that i´m experiencing problems....
what did u do what i didn´t?
can u figure?
awww, i want this to work. really.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.


>v< - that´s the question today

...the work of production is reduction...

some music

Simmo
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:41 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: OT: MS Windows 7

Post by Simmo » Tue May 19, 2009 6:51 pm

Tympanic wrote:Guys, is no one of u running Win7 RC and Live 8 experiencing problems with the visual feedback?
I have visual lags like hell. Level Meters jumping choking, everything stutters (visually).
Not good, not good. Maybe its the aero skin?
But its not acceptable. I can´t work like that.
Its running fine, beside this annoying visual lagging.....
Tell me - hows bout u
Yeh mine ran like a dog when I installed it, it ended up being the Nvidia pre-release video drivers - I swapped them for the latest x64 Vista drivers and Ableton 8.0.2 runs fine under W7x64 RC.

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: OT: MS Windows 7

Post by friend_kami » Tue May 19, 2009 9:28 pm

Tympanic wrote:Guys, is no one of u running Win7 RC and Live 8 experiencing problems with the visual feedback?
I have visual lags like hell. Level Meters jumping choking, everything stutters (visually).
Not good, not good. Maybe its the aero skin?
But its not acceptable. I can´t work like that.
Its running fine, beside this annoying visual lagging.....
Tell me - hows bout u

you have to run it in vista compatible mode.
i HAD lag, until i did that. i ran it xp compatible mode, which didnt work.

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: OT: MS Windows 7

Post by friend_kami » Tue May 19, 2009 9:29 pm

Simmo wrote:
Tympanic wrote:Guys, is no one of u running Win7 RC and Live 8 experiencing problems with the visual feedback?
I have visual lags like hell. Level Meters jumping choking, everything stutters (visually).
Not good, not good. Maybe its the aero skin?
But its not acceptable. I can´t work like that.
Its running fine, beside this annoying visual lagging.....
Tell me - hows bout u
Yeh mine ran like a dog when I installed it, it ended up being the Nvidia pre-release video drivers - I swapped them for the latest x64 Vista drivers and Ableton 8.0.2 runs fine under W7x64 RC.

and that aswell. i swapped mine out at the same time too (did a reinstall of.. well. everything) so that might have helped aswell , yes ;)

Tympanic
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:22 am

Re: OT: MS Windows 7

Post by Tympanic » Tue May 19, 2009 11:37 pm

heyo mister kamifriend deeeeeewd, that worked...
hahaha wooooha.
everything runs smooth now. Did what u said - Vistaaaaaa Mode.
Yeah perfect.
Just one thing is annoying now. Have no option to authorize the computer anymore.
I switched to vista mode - now live wants to get authorized again, and i have my maximum reached.
oh well, ill drop them a line.

thanks thanks, im really happy :-)
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.


>v< - that´s the question today

...the work of production is reduction...

some music

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: OT: MS Windows 7

Post by friend_kami » Tue May 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Tympanic wrote:heyo mister kamifriend deeeeeewd, that worked...
hahaha wooooha.
everything runs smooth now. Did what u said - Vistaaaaaa Mode.
Yeah perfect.
Just one thing is annoying now. Have no option to authorize the computer anymore.
I switched to vista mode - now live wants to get authorized again, and i have my maximum reached.
oh well, ill drop them a line.

thanks thanks, im really happy :-)
hehe yeah i know. it does that. i used up all my authorisations aswell cause of that, but i got an extra one (which was needed, cause i had to do yet *another* reinstall again hah).

heres to hoping i never have to upgrade my computer and/or reinstall my os again :p

lunabass
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:13 am
Location: Radelaide, Australia
Contact:

Re: OT: MS Windows 7

Post by lunabass » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:04 am

what size is the windows 7 install or how much bigger than XP SP2 is it?

cheers
:: Current Releases ::
Miles End - Beatport
www.lunabass.com
www.ba-doop.com

The Manuel Portio - Beatport
lunabass [House] - Facebook
Kamuku [Drum & Bass]
Atomitek [Techno]

Post Reply