Best VSt Mp3 Player ???

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live

Best VSt Mp3 Player ???

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:47 am

actually I think more like simple, something with not alot of features or super easy to use, and great quality, I don't need it for djing I just want it
for playing parts of mp3s in Live and recording the output on alternate live tracks this is basicly for sampling off of mp3s. I guess the most important feature would be able to start the mp3 from anywhere with in the file so I can go through the file and take snippets.

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:51 am

no such thing mate.

search "free audio editor" in google.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:57 am

sure there is, there are lots on kvr and elsewhere, I'm just looking for a good one with a good history.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:47 pm

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:48 pm

Anonymous wrote:I like Xtal

http://www.irdbisa.com/gunshopsoft/xtal/
That's a good one actually, very nice indeed.

Cheers

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:51 am

what about something more simple, I don't actualy need to dj with it, just record audio snippets from mp3s into other Live tracks.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:43 pm

Hey, I didn't know about this?!? Cool idea, that mp3-vst thing...
hm, this might make sampling even more fun :)

Andreas

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:54 pm

http://www.kvr-vst.com/get/604.html
or search for mp3play by Askywhale
does the job simply

DJADD

Post by DJADD » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:31 pm

Here's a link to that Askywhale mp3play vst, I haven't tried it.
http://askywhale.free.fr/vst/
¡Manipulating what is, into what shouldn't!
http://www.losminstrelsdeldiablo.com

draff

Mac compatible VST?!?

Post by draff » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:57 am

Does anyone know of a VST MP3 player that is Mac/OSX compatible?

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:42 am

Not vst but for editing/exporting snippets of mp3s or just about any format just use Quicktime...amazing what it can do if you dig around.

EnjoyRC

Re: Mac compatible VST?!?

Post by EnjoyRC » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:09 am

draff wrote:Does anyone know of a VST MP3 player that is Mac/OSX compatible?
I've already done an extensive search for this... it doesn't exist.

Think about this: Your CPU would have to decode an MP3 (more CPU usage). Streaming a WAV or AIFF would be far less CPU intensive.
MacBook Pro (MacOS 10.14.x) Surface Pro (Win 10)
(STUDIO I/O) MOTU UltraLite mk4 (w/ADA8200), (LIVE I/O) Behringer X Air XR18
Ableton Live Suite 10, Reason 10, Studio One 4

forge

Re: Mac compatible VST?!?

Post by forge » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:38 am

EnjoyRC wrote:
draff wrote:Does anyone know of a VST MP3 player that is Mac/OSX compatible?
I've already done an extensive search for this... it doesn't exist.

Think about this: Your CPU would have to decode an MP3 (more CPU usage). Streaming a WAV or AIFF would be far less CPU intensive.
you have alot of options under OSX - just get soundflower for free from Cycling74 and you can run itunes or quicktime or whatever the hell you like and to record into live via the inputs - it's not a beatmatcher etc, but you can at least sample from mp3 that way

OSXaudio.com if you haven't already checked it out has a pretty extensive list of everything OSX - you might be able to find something standalone (there has to be some kind of freeware mp3 dj thing for OSX somewhere) and pipe it in with soundflower.

cperezzzz

Re: Best VSt Mp3 Player ???

Post by cperezzzz » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:51 pm

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

starving student

Re: Best VSt Mp3 Player ???

Post by starving student » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:14 pm

why not just play the file in live?