Now then, peanut butter and it's close affiliates

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dcease

Re: Now then, peanut butter and it's close affiliates

Post by dcease » Fri May 08, 2009 11:49 pm

aisling wrote: Thanks for the clarification...it has been at least 10 years since I have heard that, I was reaching from memory. 8) :lol:
:P i still throw that shit in my playlists... first gangsta rap cd i heard when i was a wee, impressionable lad, walking about the trailer park listening to it on an old yellow walkman, dubbed to cassette from a friends cd... didn't even really know what the fuck weed was :lol:

dare to keep the kids off rap :D

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sat May 09, 2009 1:09 am

aisling wrote:
knotkranky wrote:I would just like to point out that "peanuts" are not "nuts"

Peanuts are "legumes" (beans)
Cashews too.

carry on
Brings me back to Dre's "The Chronic" (1992)......"Daddy, if I had nuts on my wall, would those be walnuts?
Why yes dear.....
Daddy, If I had nuts on my chest, would those be chestnuts?
Why yes dear....
Daddy, if I had nuts on my chin, would those be chin nuts?
NO! You'd have a mother f*cking d*ck in your mouth!"

DEAR SIR! I take umbrage!! to your insensitive and racist comments!

@porfiry, noted )

aisling

Post by aisling » Sat May 09, 2009 1:20 am

dcease wrote:
aisling wrote: Thanks for the clarification...it has been at least 10 years since I have heard that, I was reaching from memory. 8) :lol:
:P i still throw that shit in my playlists... first gangsta rap cd i heard when i was a wee, impressionable lad, walking about the trailer park listening to it on an old yellow walkman, dubbed to cassette from a friends cd... didn't even really know what the fuck weed was :lol:

dare to keep the kids off rap :D
those were the "days" combined with cypress hill, house of pain, "da lynch mob" (and all other ice cube projects), and PE for some political self righteousness...... :D 8)
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

aisling

Post by aisling » Sat May 09, 2009 1:21 am

knotkranky wrote:
aisling wrote:
knotkranky wrote:I would just like to point out that "peanuts" are not "nuts"

Peanuts are "legumes" (beans)
Cashews too.

carry on
Brings me back to Dre's "The Chronic" (1992)......"Daddy, if I had nuts on my wall, would those be walnuts?
Why yes dear.....
Why yes dear....

@porfiry, noted )
well instead of a dick in his mouth, he has a dick for a mouth :lol: :lol: Does he spit cum, or salivia?
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Sat May 09, 2009 2:52 am

slatepipe wrote:spread it down a stick of celery - genius

Add raisins (or sultanas as some of you know them) and that makes my favorite childhood treat:

"Ants On A Log"

:D

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Sat May 09, 2009 2:58 am

And I'd like to add that Jif peanut butter and Welch's grape jelly on lightly toasted cheap wheat bread washed down with strong black coffee is a pretty nice treat.

porfiry

Post by porfiry » Sat May 09, 2009 4:53 am

I was afraid this conversation was going to take this unfortunate turn at some point...Jif is not peanut butter. Skippy is closer (because it has about a pound less sugar per jar), but still not peanut butter. Peanut butter is made from peanuts and salt, and needs to be either constantly stirred or refrigerated. May I suggest that Costco makes a very demure little organic version with a liquid sloppiness and balanced, salty nuttiness which is nothing short of unstoppable.

It almost sounds a little perverse when I put it like that. Oh wellz!

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sat May 09, 2009 6:44 am

aisling wrote:
Why yes dear.....
Why yes dear....

well instead of a dick in his mouth, he has a dick for a mouth :lol: :lol: Does he spit cum, or salivia?
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a mixture :)

mickey disco

Post by mickey disco » Sat May 09, 2009 4:21 pm

I love a peanut butter and sliced tomato sandwich, mmmmmmm :P

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Sat May 09, 2009 4:38 pm

porfiry wrote:I was afraid this conversation was going to take this unfortunate turn at some point...Jif is not peanut butter. Skippy is closer (because it has about a pound less sugar per jar), but still not peanut butter. Peanut butter is made from peanuts and salt, and needs to be either constantly stirred or refrigerated. May I suggest that Costco makes a very demure little organic version with a liquid sloppiness and balanced, salty nuttiness which is nothing short of unstoppable.

thank you for setting shit trait. I get mine from Trader Joes, ingredients: peanuts and salt. End of story. Also, I find smooth peanut butter weaksauce on all fronts.

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Sat May 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Android Bishop wrote:
porfiry wrote:I was afraid this conversation was going to take this unfortunate turn at some point...Jif is not peanut butter. Skippy is closer (because it has about a pound less sugar per jar), but still not peanut butter. Peanut butter is made from peanuts and salt, and needs to be either constantly stirred or refrigerated. May I suggest that Costco makes a very demure little organic version with a liquid sloppiness and balanced, salty nuttiness which is nothing short of unstoppable.

thank you for setting shit trait. I get mine from Trader Joes, ingredients: peanuts and salt. End of story. Also, I find smooth peanut butter weaksauce on all fronts.
Your peanut butter snobbery does not phase me. When I am eating cheap wheat bread chock full of preservatives, Welch's grape jam full of sugar and artificial everything, I am not interested in any way of the content, health qualities or definition of the peanut butter involved.

And for the record, I have tried Adam's natural peanut butter and have found it to be a disappointing experience on many fronts. The lack of sweetness causes an imbalance of jam, throwing the gentle harmony of pb and j completely off kilter.

Furthermore, the oily mess that needs to be constantly stirred prior to consumption is a pain in the ass to clean off my wooden spoons and knuckles.

And, if while stirring the oil spills over the side, the result is an oily ring that adorns the pantry (or fridge) for months to come. Even if wiped off, it never seems to go away.

I will go further. The distribution of oil (or lack thereof once at the bottom of the barrel) leaves the remaining third of the jar rock hard and totally inedible.

Perhaps this is my problem.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I am of the opinion that Jif, while possessing faults of its own, is a perfectly acceptable option for your peanut butter consumption.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat May 09, 2009 7:15 pm

this thread needs this kid
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

porfiry

Post by porfiry » Sat May 09, 2009 7:30 pm

Android Bishop: I'm not beholden to either the smooth or chunky camp, although it must be stated that smooth allows for maximum peanutty surface area simultaneously striking the tongue, despite the lack of crunchy surprises.

dhilsabeck: an electric hand-mixer with one beater removed is the solution to your obvious problems with the usage of actual peanut butter. If you need more sweetness, stick some goddamn honey in there or something.

Tone Deft: Word.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Sat May 09, 2009 9:21 pm

dhilsabeck wrote:And I'd like to add that Jif peanut butter and Welch's grape jelly on lightly toasted cheap wheat bread washed down with strong black coffee is a pretty nice treat.
10 bionus points for the first to mention the grape jelly.

I done see it for sale in the US all in the same jar, stripy like toothpaste...anyone eat that like that?

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Sat May 09, 2009 9:25 pm

dhilsabeck wrote:
Android Bishop wrote:

Your peanut butter snobbery does not phase me. When I am eating cheap wheat bread chock full of preservatives, Welch's grape jam full of sugar and artificial everything, I am not interested in any way of the content, health qualities or definition of the peanut butter involved.

And for the record, I have tried Adam's natural peanut butter and have found it to be a disappointing experience on many fronts. The lack of sweetness causes an imbalance of jam, throwing the gentle harmony of pb and j completely off kilter.

Furthermore, the oily mess that needs to be constantly stirred prior to consumption is a pain in the ass to clean off my wooden spoons and knuckles.

And, if while stirring the oil spills over the side, the result is an oily ring that adorns the pantry (or fridge) for months to come. Even if wiped off, it never seems to go away.

I will go further. The distribution of oil (or lack thereof once at the bottom of the barrel) leaves the remaining third of the jar rock hard and totally inedible.

Perhaps this is my problem.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I am of the opinion that Jif, while possessing faults of its own, is a perfectly acceptable option for your peanut butter consumption.
I've defintely been moved to the organic camp and have recently dabbled making my own, cashew and pnut butt. Fun and rewarding and requiring a right good stir before usage.

I'd also like to through Hummus into the mix as a companion for the ol' PB, it's a savoury taste sensation.

A cheeky little number with a heady aroma of forest fruits but a slightly feminine after taste.