leedsquietman wrote:err. drum racks, sidechaining, slicing, rex file support, group tracks, cross fades (even though rudimentary) on arrange, limiter and multiband dynamics, etc, etc.
* Drum racks are just a midi mapping really it seems, nothing that can't be done in other ways.
* Side-chaining is possible in Live6, VSTs can be fed audio/midi from other tracks or VST.
* Slicing is possible in Live6.
* Rex File support is possible via Rewire to Reason (while current Rex support in Live8 lacks proper MIDI features, more control with Reason).
* Group tracks, in Live6 I just make them smaller and call them similar things, put a blank track between the groups, has worked great.
* Crossfades, that's something a DJ uses right?
* Many low-latency limiters are available as free VSTs.
* Have Wavearts Multidynamics which is much better layout to Live's multiband compressor.
So I can do all those things in Live6.......
Why would I need Live8 (which seems to be slower) to do them?
Honestly I'm having a real hard time finding anything new in Live7 or 8 which can't be done in Live6, or isn't done better by Live6.