OT: So I've decided to sell my Virus and MPC. Why?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
aqua_tek

OT: So I've decided to sell my Virus and MPC. Why?

Post by aqua_tek » Fri May 08, 2009 9:02 pm

Holy twisted turn of events, batman! Shortly after my purchase of the MPC 2500, I've decided to roll back, and stream my setup down again into a software environment.

I'd been debating and sleeping on this over the past couple of weeks. And now I've made the decision. The MPC and the Virus must go

I have some reasons for my decision:
- I havent been using them that much lately. Been getting deeper into live and 2 or 3 essential plugins like Zebra and I haven't felt the need to fire up the virus or the mpc in weeks.
- I need space. seriously, space is at a premium in nyc, so i need to make the most of it. Need to get rid of some of the dead weight to make my room slightly less claustrophobic.
- I'm starting to yearn for mobility again. The idea of returning to being able to work on the move sounds nice. I'd been feeling too anchored to my room by my hardware lately.
- Life aint cheap, especially in New York City. Have to prioritize and sell some non essentials.

So that's it in a nutshell. Farewell virus and mpc. I've already put them up on craigslist.

EDIT:
The MPC has been sold. Virus still remains. Check the "For Sale" topic here:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=114950
Last edited by aqua_tek on Thu May 14, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

shai

Re: OT: So I've decided to sell my Virus and MPC. 5 reasons.

Post by shai » Fri May 08, 2009 9:05 pm

*thumbs up*
less is more

tnismo88

Post by tnismo88 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:07 pm

how much you selling the virus for?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 08, 2009 9:07 pm

shai wrote:*thumbs up*
less is more
that's SO unamerican. :roll: why do you support the terrorists?
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, POD500HDX, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri May 08, 2009 9:14 pm

I hope this also means you've found happiness because nothing cures depression quite like owning and buying gear you never actually use.

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri May 08, 2009 11:31 pm

beats me wrote:I hope this also means you've found happiness because nothing cures depression quite like owning and buying gear you never actually use.
that is so true :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Fri May 08, 2009 11:56 pm

beats me wrote:I hope this also means you've found happiness because nothing cures depression quite like owning and buying gear you never actually use.
I'm a victim of ADD. Need constant change to feel content

contakt321

Re: OT: So I've decided to sell my Virus and MPC. 4 reasons.

Post by contakt321 » Sat May 09, 2009 12:19 am

aqua_tek wrote: 2. need of space. seriously, space is at a premium in nyc, so i need to make the most of it. Need to get rid of some of the dead weight to make my room slightly less claustrophobic.
Amen.

I feel your pain.

aizo

Post by aizo » Sat May 09, 2009 12:49 am

aqua_tek wrote:Holy twisted turn of events, batman! Shortly after my purchase of the MPC 2500, I've decided to rollback and stream my setup down again.

I'd been debating and sleeping on this over the past couple of weeks. And now I've made the decision. The MPC and the Virus must go

I have some reasons for my decision:
1. the fact that I havent been using them that much lately. Been getting deeper into live and 2 or 3 essential plugins like Zebra and I haven't felt the need to fire up the virus or the mpc in weeks.
2. need of space. seriously, space is at a premium in nyc, so i need to make the most of it. Need to get rid of some of the dead weight to make my room slightly less claustrophobic.
3. I'm starting to yearn for mobility again. The idea of returning to being able to work on the move sounds nice. I'd been feeling too anchored to my room by my hardware lately.
4. Life aint cheap, especially in the city. Have to prioritize and sell some non essentials.

So that's it in a nutshell. Farewell virus and mpc. I've already put them up on craigslist. If I can't sell them locally I'll consider shipping them.

Do that shit with a quickness man, the best song's I made were with the least amount of stuff.
ImageImage

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Sat May 09, 2009 1:50 am

Tone Deft wrote:that's SO unamerican. :roll: why do you support the terrorists?
:lol:

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Sat May 09, 2009 2:14 am

funny, i just got a used mpc 2000xl to really mess with the looper function by just layering samples like german chocolate cake.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle » Sat May 09, 2009 5:42 am

v00d00ppl wrote:funny, i just got a used mpc 2000xl to really mess with the looper function by just layering samples like german chocolate cake.
I heard alot of mpc users are starting to get into Live like this how are you doing things this might help influence me to upgrade to version 8. do you have any video of what you are doing if not details would still be great.
the Gargoyle

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Sat May 09, 2009 6:33 am

Gargoyle wrote:
v00d00ppl wrote:funny, i just got a used mpc 2000xl to really mess with the looper function by just layering samples like german chocolate cake.
I heard alot of mpc users are starting to get into Live like this how are you doing things this might help influence me to upgrade to version 8. do you have any video of what you are doing if not details would still be great.
my mpc is on its way, so far i am planning on doing an internal compact flash upgrade to load my samples on, then i will hook up the midi foot pedal to either my emu1616m or novation x station to start recording in loop mode.......

then i will play chopped up bass samples till they layer and distort then i will start to layer kicks to it and then voila, i'm designing some evil ass drum patterns and sounds via looped....

i also plan on using the 2000xl as a midi slave to ableton's new groove engine.....so i might do my rought drafts for beats at work then i will go back home and resequence the beats on live's groove engine feel.

so imagine using the 2000xl as if it were maschine as a midi controller, but now when i unplug it from my laptop, i can still crank out some beats.

oh and i got this machine for only 360 dollars with shipping, so thats a steal i its own, because i was planning on buying either an sp03 or sp404....but at that price i just nabbed the 2000xl instead.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sat May 09, 2009 6:53 am

*tug*
*tug*
*tug*
*cup*
*tug*
*tuG*
*TUG*
*TUG*
*TUG*
*TUG*
*TUG*
*TUG*
*TUG*
*TUG*
*TUG*
*TUG*
*TUG*
*TUG*
*TUG*

*TUUG*
*TUUG*
*TUUG*
*TUUG*
*TUUG*
*TUUG*
*TUUG*
spreader of butter

evanb

Post by evanb » Sat May 09, 2009 1:24 pm

I was feeling the same way when i got my maschine...although I was still buying hardware as i didnt have much I could do most things in maschine and live, I decided to buy kore 2 to optimize my workflow with my Soft synths and so far I love it and very compact, I do still feel I need to have atleast 1 hardware synth in my studio so probably a virus snow, compact yet powerful. I do suffer from having too many options at times, but ultimately I am in it to have fun...and its fun to be able to site down and play with something different whenever you want. So I think it comes down to if you have a real space issue or its a money thing