OT: So I've decided to sell my Virus and MPC. Why?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
nebulae
Posts: 15715
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:16 am
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: OT: So I've decided to sell my Virus and MPC. Why?

Post by nebulae » Sun May 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Still wondering why this thread is OT. Sounds pretty On T to me.
Image Image Image Image

aqua_tek
Posts: 2569
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:48 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: So I've decided to sell my Virus and MPC. Why?

Post by aqua_tek » Sun May 24, 2009 8:18 pm

This thread is OT because there's no mention of Obama, Deadmau5, racism, or aliens.

ReasonliveUSER
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:34 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: OT: So I've decided to sell my Virus and MPC. Why?

Post by ReasonliveUSER » Sun May 24, 2009 8:39 pm

sometimes in today's economy I wanna sell my mpc but I been thru so much with my MPC its like a romance. I have a gray 2kxl I removed the floppy, put in a multi card reader(only the blue ones had card readers), maxed up the outputs and memory(goes without being said) and even had a external SCSI zip for my comrades still stuck in the 90's and I just can't let it go after building it up like that so so other dudes paws can be on i. butt as the bills keep coming I might solicit it bcuz I can't even afford to upgrade to ableton 8 or Reason 5 and check out the RECORD software, I'm so broke that I am truly a starving artist. but the main reason I love having the MPC is when I wanna give my computer a rest I still have a means to be "Productive" its samples at cd quality and I think sampling into an audio interface would be too clean for my vinyl
http://therightbros.blogspot.com
Computer: 2.16Ghz Intel core 2 Duo 17''Imac w/ 500gb internal HD 3gigs of ram on Snow Leopard
Software: Ableton Live 8 Suite & Propellerhead Reason 5
Storage: 5x OWC Mercury Elite 1TB HD
M-Audio ProjectMix I/O

v00d00ppl
Posts: 1630
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:29 am
Location: Fremont, CA
Contact:

Re: OT: So I've decided to sell my Virus and MPC. Why?

Post by v00d00ppl » Mon May 25, 2009 5:54 am

ReasonliveUSER wrote:sometimes in today's economy I wanna sell my mpc but I been thru so much with my MPC its like a romance. I have a gray 2kxl I removed the floppy, put in a multi card reader(only the blue ones had card readers), maxed up the outputs and memory(goes without being said) and even had a external SCSI zip for my comrades still stuck in the 90's and I just can't let it go after building it up like that so so other dudes paws can be on i. butt as the bills keep coming I might solicit it bcuz I can't even afford to upgrade to ableton 8 or Reason 5 and check out the RECORD software, I'm so broke that I am truly a starving artist. but the main reason I love having the MPC is when I wanna give my computer a rest I still have a means to be "Productive" its samples at cd quality and I think sampling into an audio interface would be too clean for my vinyl

try to hold onto it, i got rid of my 1000 for live 5, but as i progressed to version 8, i realised that i missed the sequencing and when i bought the 2000xl recently, i got the addonics multicard reader done by myself and now i use both hand in hand. Now, that i do have money, i realised how incomplete i was, but this machine made it better.

if you are realy in dire straits for money, just sell the damn thing and pick another one up later.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

Gargoyle
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:08 am

Re: OT: So I've decided to sell my Virus and MPC. Why?

Post by Gargoyle » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:58 pm

curious do you wish you'd kept your mpc yet, a friend of mine is acting like he lost a child
the Gargoyle

starving student
Posts: 7123
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:13 pm
Location: right here

Re: OT: So I've decided to sell my Virus and MPC. Why?

Post by starving student » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:55 am

aqua's mia

necho
Posts: 995
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:39 pm
Location: (y)UK

Re: OT: So I've decided to sell my Virus and MPC. Why?

Post by necho » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:53 pm

I've owned a Nord Lead, a Virus Ti Keyboard, a Supernova, an MPC2000, an MPC1000 and a Waldorf MicroQ.

Now I own a computer, some software and a keyboard. (With a padKontrol on the way)

Now - I'd love to own a room full of hardware with knobs on, but my philosophy is that unless it is analogue, then its just a computer in a box. And I already have one of them.

When I next have some cash, I'm going to spend it on some pure analogue toys from schneidersburo. Otherwise, what's the point? Just get a MIDI controller....
_________
sigs suck.

aqua_tek
Posts: 2569
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:48 pm
Contact:

Re: OT: So I've decided to sell my Virus and MPC. Why?

Post by aqua_tek » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:04 pm

Gargoyle wrote:curious do you wish you'd kept your mpc yet, a friend of mine is acting like he lost a child
You know? I do miss it just a tad, but i'm not pulling my hair out over it just yet. I've been getting by fine with Drum Racks and the PadKontrol.

I'm pretty sure, though, that once my economic situation picks back up, I'll consider snatching up another MPC. Maybe a 1000 this time around. Or maybe something else... maybe not strictly sample-based, but an actual drum synth. For samples I might as well continue using live. Machinedrum perhaps? Jomox? Maybe buy a Korg ER-1 again? I sort of miss my old one now.

I'd also like to wait and see if FINALLY we get some updates on the LinnDrum 2, but i'm not getting my hopes up.


As far as the Virus is concerned, I am trying my best to hold on to it at the moment. It's really grown on me and have been using it a lot again lately.

starving student
Posts: 7123
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:13 pm
Location: right here

Re: OT: So I've decided to sell my Virus and MPC. Why?

Post by starving student » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 am

necho wrote:I've owned a Nord Lead, a Virus Ti Keyboard, a Supernova, an MPC2000, an MPC1000 and a Waldorf MicroQ.

Now I own a computer, some software and a keyboard. (With a padKontrol on the way)

Now - I'd love to own a room full of hardware with knobs on, but my philosophy is that unless it is analogue, then its just a computer in a box. And I already have one of them.

When I next have some cash, I'm going to spend it on some pure analogue toys from schneidersburo. Otherwise, what's the point? Just get a MIDI controller....
in other words you're in pain too

Post Reply