APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Angstrom
Posts: 14726
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:22 pm
Contact:

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by Angstrom » Thu May 28, 2009 4:01 pm

H20nly wrote:blah blah blah, insults, etc
So, while you are insulting everyone, let us into your genius.
I'm curious. As you have an opinion, is it worth $399 or $636 ?

Because that is the point: there are two prices for one unit, at the very same time. Not one inflated price.
You need to come up with a new hot chicks analogy that involves identical twins, one of which does not require wining and dining.

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by H20nly » Thu May 28, 2009 6:51 pm

Angstrom wrote:I'm curious. As you have an opinion, is it worth $399 or $636
517.50 its worth 517.50

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by H20nly » Thu May 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Angstrom wrote:
H20nly wrote:blah blah blah, insults, etc
So, while you are insulting everyone, let us into your genius.
I didn't say that? Are you falsifying documents? Besides I just don't understand what all the fuss is about. I'm telling you the price wars begin once that thing gets fully released... Looking back I guess I just quoted YOU one too many times....

acidman
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:11 am

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by acidman » Thu May 28, 2009 7:10 pm

H20nly wrote:
Angstrom wrote:You cannot say "it is worth that much, if you paid that much". Because perception of value is relative.
Half the forum has had their cock stiff for this thing for months now. Suddenly they realize that the pricing varies and NOW its like its not worth it. To me it sounds like a chick. You think she's hot, you can't wait to get her in the sack, but then you realize she wants you to wine and dine her before she's gonna give it up.

At that point you have two choices:
A)Go home and stroke it
B)Pick up the tab

By calling/emailing and complaining do you really think they are gonna have a change of heart and say "these guys are right. Let's forfeit hundreds of thousands in profit and give em a break". At best... You'll see price drops before the U.S. does.

Any way you slice it, the fucking thing will see massive price drops within the next 18-24 months. If it costs too much for your blood now... WAIT.

Supply and demand kiddos. Supply and demand.

Eventually, someone will give you the (realistic) price you seek.

I never buy anything when it first comes out. You're getting raped. How many of you just HAD to have the iPhone when it came out? Yeah... 18-24 months and how many hundreds cheaper is it now? AND - the new one is not only cheaper, but better. Stick that in your sampler and autotune. Now if you say "but I was one of the first to have it" those bragging rights are shit. It just means you paid way more than most of the people who own one. Oh and by the way... their shit isn't all scratched up and ready for a trade it. Who's bragging now?

OMG!

for the 100st time now! thats not the point!

fact is the difference between us / eu which is much too high! nothing elese :!:

acidman
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:11 am

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by acidman » Thu May 28, 2009 7:24 pm

ok NEWS:

the local eu retailers are not the ones who are responsible for the big price difference.
i`ve emailed last days with very big stores in germany.

(so no ripiff from their side!)
best offer was 3% discount + info that they really can`t go lower. :(
sidenote > for normal i`m getting good rebates from these shops...

so someone in the supply-chain from china to eu is the "customer`s off-ripper" :twisted:

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by H20nly » Thu May 28, 2009 7:36 pm

acidman wrote:fact is the difference between us / eu which is much too high! nothing elese
So if the there is a difference in the EU pricing thats okay or a difference in the US pricing that okay too. Just not if there is a difference in US/EU pricing....

So fuck the Aussies is that what your saying? cuz it seems like Jacqueslacouth is the real victim here...
Jacqueslacouth wrote:Stop your whinging peeps, try AU$990 for size, that comes in at around US$780....nobody and I mean nobody gets ripped off blind like the ever suffering Aussies
acidman wrote:so someone in the supply-chain from china to eu is the "customer`s off-ripper" :twisted:
This is what I've been implying all along.

acidman
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:11 am

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by acidman » Thu May 28, 2009 7:53 pm

H20nly wrote:
acidman wrote:fact is the difference between us / eu which is much too high! nothing elese
So if the there is a difference in the EU pricing thats okay or a difference in the US pricing that okay too. Just not if there is a difference in US/EU pricing....

So fuck the Aussies is that what your saying? cuz it seems like Jacqueslacouth is the real victim here...
Jacqueslacouth wrote:Stop your whinging peeps, try AU$990 for size, that comes in at around US$780....nobody and I mean nobody gets ripped off blind like the ever suffering Aussies
acidman wrote:so someone in the supply-chain from china to eu is the "customer`s off-ripper" :twisted:
This is what I've been implying all along.

source for difference eu / us internal = dealer > customer is able to buy from store with lower price. :wink:
eu vs us > distributor and supply chain > customers only way to get it cheaper > self import :wink: :x

aussies are the ones who should be most > :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
nearest to china with highest price = WTF is going on here!

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by H20nly » Thu May 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Well I for one happen to be a big fan of Australia.

Maybe we should see if they can get the "student discount" from Akai. :wink:

Are Aussies as terrible with this thing as us bloody Yanks?

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 29, 2009 2:43 am

H20nly wrote:
Angstrom wrote:I'm curious. As you have an opinion, is it worth $399 or $636
517.50 its worth 517.50
$636 is outrageous.

people need to stop making assumptions that it's made in China, it's completely unsubstantiated and a bullshit rumor to spread. even if it is made in China none of us know the mfg. infrastructure. stick with the facts, lies won't help European users find an answer. someone who reads this forum has to know someone at Akai or someone on the inside.

do rant away, Akai are making assholes of themselves. potential APC customers WILL see threads here. ;)
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

acidman
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:11 am

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by acidman » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:22 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
H20nly wrote:
Angstrom wrote:I'm curious. As you have an opinion, is it worth $399 or $636

do rant away, Akai are making assholes of themselves. potential APC customers WILL see threads here.
;)

YES!

and additional to this!
as i`ve got no answer to my mails from alesis! the speculations are for 99,% the truth!! :evil:

i definitly don`t buy apc40 from a company which helds customers for idiots!
furthermore i`ll contact some of the audio mags and co soon next week. maybe they do a try and send anonymous req to alesis and also don`t get an answer then :mrgreen:

OvertoneZero
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by OvertoneZero » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:30 pm

America, fuck yeah! :lol:

djsynchro
Posts: 7471
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by djsynchro » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:41 pm

I wrote an email to AKAI ages ago complaining about the higher price in Europe. Never heard back from them.

Khazul
Posts: 3185
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Reading, UK

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by Khazul » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:53 pm

The answers lie in the distributors usually. Akai of course will claim they have no control over regional distributors.

Regional distributiors will claim sales aint as big here - dispire there probably being a higher purchasing population across europe, but not per region (ie country or group of countries).

Well those distributors would lower the f****** pre-tax price to something comparable then perhaps we might buy ffs more - duh!

Its the same with the DSI synths - complete rip off here in europe comapred to the US - nearly double the price.
Nothing to see here - move along!

djsynchro
Posts: 7471
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by djsynchro » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:24 pm

So explain this:

AKAI MPK 49
$399 USD (JRR Shop)
EUR 369 (Thomann)
AKAI MPK 25
$ 299 (JRR)
EUR 289 (Thomann)

And so on... only the APC-40 is more Euros than dollars (and given the exchange rates we all that means a LOT more expensive in Europe) same company, same distribution, same country of manufacture.

Sorry but the APC is more expensive in Europe... why? Because they figure we'll pay more for it because consumer confidence isn't as low as in the US that's why.

acidman
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:11 am

Re: APC 40 Pricing EU Vs US > WTF!?

Post by acidman » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:27 pm

complete customer ripoff :evil: :evil:

Post Reply