You were wrong and I was right.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
john doe by choice

Re: You were wrong and I was right.

Post by john doe by choice » Tue May 12, 2009 3:53 pm

pulsoc wrote:
john doe by choice wrote:Keep the peanut butter and replace bounce's circle jerk with boson's chihuahua's, and the situation might not be so bad 8) :wink:
While I don't understand what you say, I support to the death your right to say it.
Since this is pretty much a SFW board, I will spare the explanation.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue May 12, 2009 3:59 pm

beats me wrote:I'd really like to join in the conversation that this has degenerated to......

What the fuck would you think would happen? That it would evolve into a beautiful, life-changing thread in which we all do a virtual hug?

That's already happening over in the Propellerhead Record threads. :P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue May 12, 2009 4:01 pm

Pitch Black wrote:Mike, do your local cops offer victim support? Because that is what you are - a victim of a crime. When our house got burgled years ago, the cops who came round also dropped over a pamphlet describing the feelings we might be going through, with contact numbers to ring if you wanted to talk it over with someone. What you're going thru is COMPLETELY normal and human. Don't believe anyone who says "get over it" or "toughen up" etc... Not calling you or anyone else a wooss, and it's not over-reacting or being a drama queen to feel like you do now. Sometimes even knowing that you're not the only one experiencing these feelings can help you process them, which may or may not lead to taking steps to reconcile them. If you wanna talk, PM me buddy.

I think this might have been the pamphlet our cops gave us:
http://www.victimsupport.org.nz/files/p ... upport.pdf

Wow. The police in NZ are that sensitive and caring? Jeesh. It's no wonder all you Kiwis are such delicate flowers. :P :wink:

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue May 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Thanks for the support and advice on here. I'll admit that the content of the original post on Hip Hop fans and this one were a little over the top and if I really feared all Hip Hop fans I probably wouldn't have posted realizing my own paranoia. It was more for the conversation.

A few updates:

The neighbor that was possibly the person that broke in was still in custody as of yesterday but I was told by the property management that part of that was related to him threatening one of the cops during the whole process. How serious that may have been doesn't matter since cops probably don't take anything like that lightly.

The other neighbor, who at worst was possibly the look out, got out and actually talked to us. He was mellow and I could tell quite shaken up. He is looking into possibly filing a wrongful arrest suit against the cops. I also got to tell him that the arrest, at least of his roommate, was based on my description of the guy who ran out and also the circumstances of them being outside. These things combined somewhat comforted me in at least letting him no we weren't all "That's them! Arrest their asses!" The police made the arrests on their own deductions.

The police said they should know more by Wednesday. I'm thinking the fingerprints should clear things up if they got any. I told the police we never invited the neighbors over so if their fingerprints are on anything inside than that pretty much says they are guilty.

As far as the apartment we talked to the management first thing in the morning and they seemed just as shocked as we were and asked what they could do to help, even hinting at breaking the lease because they would understand. Instead we are moving to another apartment in the same complex but way on the other side and on an upper level where it would take Spiderman to break in. Of course the extreme option, and possibly smartest, would be to leave the complex altogether but that's a big process finding another place and the vast majority of people who get robbed don't move, or have the option to move, and don't end up victims of retribution. If nothing else we are getting a more updated apartment in a better location with a better view and we'll see what our comfort level is over time. They also put sliding glass door bolts on both apartments. We are getting the keys to the new place in the next couple days and will have access to both apartments through the end of the month, but are planning to have the bulk of the move done this weekend.

They also spoke to us about possible eviction of just the one roommate or everybody that lives in that apartment. We really don't want to stir the hornets nest without all the information and decided they'll wait until they get more information from the police.

If the one neighbor gets released and I happen to bump into him, and based on the tone from his roommate, I'll just reassure him that everything was based on circumstances and that I did not positively ID him as the one who did it. He's even said to us in the past that being all tatted up and constantly hopping the balcony looks pretty suspicious. I'm sure he realizes at least partially that's why things went down the way they did, guilty or not. Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

aisling

Post by aisling » Tue May 12, 2009 5:21 pm

:D I happy to hear your getting another apartment. All the best wishes for a harmonious resolution to this unfortunate event.....
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue May 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Rave wrote:
aisling wrote::D I happy to hear your getting another apartment. All the best wishes for a harmonious resolution to this unfortunate event.....
hear hear :D
Thanks guys. Needless to say this event hasn't made me want to fire up Live. This isn't really the kind of negative event that inspires musical creativity...unless you write Hip Hop. :wink:

Bringin' it back around :)

aisling

Post by aisling » Tue May 12, 2009 5:44 pm

beats me wrote:
Rave wrote:
aisling wrote::D I happy to hear your getting another apartment. All the best wishes for a harmonious resolution to this unfortunate event.....
hear hear :D
Thanks guys. Needless to say this event hasn't made me want to fire up Live. This isn't really the kind of negative event that inspires musical creativity...unless you write Hip Hop. :wink:

Bringin' it back around :)
This is not the time to be concerned with live or musical inspiration. Your in a "fight or flight" response.....
Focus on your primary needs, the music will come when things calm down.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Tue May 12, 2009 6:14 pm

pulsoc wrote:WTF are trainers????

pix you bitch!

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Tue May 12, 2009 6:17 pm

just wondering beats.. was any of your equipment outside your room in plain view? or everything is inside your room and they didn't get a chance to see it.. i haven't been to san jose lately but when I did go out clubbing, trouble seemed to find me and my friends.. there was a lot of loitering outside clubs and people just bored looking for people to mess with..

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Wed May 13, 2009 12:23 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
Pitch Black wrote:Mike, do your local cops offer victim support? Because that is what you are - a victim of a crime. When our house got burgled years ago, the cops who came round also dropped over a pamphlet describing the feelings we might be going through, with contact numbers to ring if you wanted to talk it over with someone. What you're going thru is COMPLETELY normal and human. Don't believe anyone who says "get over it" or "toughen up" etc... Not calling you or anyone else a wooss, and it's not over-reacting or being a drama queen to feel like you do now. Sometimes even knowing that you're not the only one experiencing these feelings can help you process them, which may or may not lead to taking steps to reconcile them. If you wanna talk, PM me buddy.

I think this might have been the pamphlet our cops gave us:
http://www.victimsupport.org.nz/files/p ... upport.pdf

Wow. The police in NZ are that sensitive and caring? Jeesh. It's no wonder all you Kiwis are such delicate flowers. :P :wink:
Our cops don't even carry guns. Last week we had the unfortunate incident of having the 29th police officer killed in the line of duty... But at least it was the 29th since records were kept starting in 1890.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed May 13, 2009 12:42 am

8O

Holy crap.

29th in that many years?

Amazing.

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Wed May 13, 2009 12:44 am

It takes you guys four years to kill an entire officer. Not bad, statistically speaking.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Wed May 13, 2009 4:44 am

fingerprints? Chances are that the cop doing the fingerprinting couldnt even pull your prints from your apt. The ones who are acceptable at it get promoted/moved to homicide quickly where that particular skill isnt even required of them.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed May 13, 2009 8:32 am

Good news Beats!

Celebrate with some peanut butter combo sandwiches. :D

When you do get set up i think you'll find the incident does come through in your music somehow, emotions are like that. We might bottle them up and hide them from each other in the flesh but the music conveys your feelings.