You were wrong and I was right.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

You were wrong and I was right.

Post by beats me » Mon May 11, 2009 5:14 pm

About a month ago I posted a topic about thinking Hip Hop listenership might be up to shady activities and more specifically my Public Enemy and NWA loving neighbors who also frequently used their back balcony like a revolving front door, even tossing furniture over it back and forth. A lot of people thought was overreacting or stereotyping.

Last night around 10 I heard some rustling around in the living room and normally my roommate isn't that clumsy or has any reason to fiddle with the stuff I heard being moved around. So I opened my bedroom door to see what he was up to only to witness what appeared to be our neighbor bolting out the sliding glass door with DVDs dropped around all over the apartment. Scarier yet, our largest kitchen knife was laid on the recliner closest to the door.

So how do you all feel about "just get to know your neighbor" now?!?

My roommate went out on the balcony and conveniently some dude we've never seen before was standing right there while the neighbor in question was running up claiming he chased the guy after hearing a lot of noise. There wasn't a lot of noise, I could barely hear it from my bedroom with the door closed. He also was wearing the same type clothes that I saw the person running out of the apartment wearing.

Soon after the police arrived and got on with their CSI business and after a couple hours both our neighbor and his friend were in a cop car going downtown.

At this point there is still no solid answer on if it was them or what their fate is at the moment, but it appears that in this situation my paranoia and assumptions were correct. I really wish they weren't because this is just fucked up. After seeing the knife on the chair, just imagining what could have happened if I came out 5 seconds earlier...

djsynchro

Re: You were wrong and I was right.

Post by djsynchro » Mon May 11, 2009 5:21 pm

[dumb comment deleted]
Last edited by djsynchro on Mon May 11, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon May 11, 2009 5:27 pm

djsynchro wrote:Since you're in the US your right to bear arms is guaranteed by the constitution. Go get yourself a gun! :D
I think you read that wrong.

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Mon May 11, 2009 5:35 pm

Actually we just thought you were a douchebag for assuming that someone who listens to gansta rap is automatically up to shady activity.

Guess what. We were right.

aisling

Post by aisling » Mon May 11, 2009 5:41 pm

8O :( I so sorry for you, this is very tragically lame. You should move asap, I don't think you're dealing with rational; people, they will want revenge, as you're the bad guy now. Get a lawyer, and you may have a law suit against your apt complex owner, for failure to provide safety and security. They may cover your moving expenses and pain and suffering.
While I own a gun, and believe in the right to bear arms, don't get one. That situations sound like one in which it could get used in the wrong way. I use one as I like to go mountaineering into wilderness, and may encounter bears and lions, or a pot growing operation....For which the gun would be used more to scare them (the bear and lions....the pot deal, i'd run away if I could) away.
You may even qualify to stay at a hotel free of charge until your moved out....seriously look into this!

All the best in this situation!
Last edited by aisling on Mon May 11, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Mon May 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Beats,
From experience--put down the can opener and walk away :wink:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon May 11, 2009 6:00 pm

at 10pm?? not guys you want to mess with, not very bright and they have balls.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Mon May 11, 2009 6:11 pm

pulsoc wrote:Actually we just thought you were a douchebag for assuming that someone who listens to gansta rap is automatically up to shady activity.

Guess what. We were right.

this.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:18 pm

In apartments hangin, smokin and rappin
Niggas start shit, next thing ya know we cappin

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon May 11, 2009 7:44 pm

They are going to come back and want to dance with your dates, beats. Move now.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Mon May 11, 2009 7:57 pm

the most important thing is that you were not physically harmed.. next is hopefully they didn't see any of your music equipment.. get all that stuff insured.. get a pit bull

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Mon May 11, 2009 8:06 pm

The issue of right vs. wrong has passed. In all seriousness you need to consider moving.

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Mon May 11, 2009 8:15 pm

beats me wrote:. After seeing the knife on the chair, just imagining what could have happened if I came out 5 seconds earlier...
You would have witnessed a feral hip-hop bandit maniacally butchering your one and only American Musical DVD.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon May 11, 2009 8:26 pm

Get your ass out of there.
Scum of the earth.

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:45 pm

Tone Deft wrote:at 10pm?? not guys you want to mess with, not very bright and they have balls.
Serious, man. That just isn't cool. Desperate, and not cool.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |