You were wrong and I was right.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

Re: You were wrong and I was right.

Post by beats me » Tue May 12, 2009 3:20 am

I'd really like to join in the conversation that this has degenerated to, but despite all my sarcasm, this really has me freaked the fuck out. The only thing I can compare it to is the feeling right after a sudden breakup of a long term relationship where you spend every waking minute feeling like the world is no longer the same and a really ugly place, with the added twist of feeling like you need to look behind your back at all times and don't want to go outside after dark.

Blah...I keep typing shit and then deleting. Guess I don't have the focus or stamina for this right now.

dredd i knight

Post by dredd i knight » Tue May 12, 2009 3:21 am

pulsoc wrote:WTF are trainers????

pix you bitch!
shit american really is another language these days....
ahh yeah, you'd call em sneakers....
funny though cos american is totally translatable to me.

aisling

Post by aisling » Tue May 12, 2009 3:22 am

timothyallan wrote:You shouldda capped dere asses dawg, bitches get all up ons an i be like wut!?! damn!
I like the crazy approach.....bust out the religion, get all passive and hold out your hand to theirs and offer to pray together. Talk about love, light, miracles and salvation..... It always works for me when I need to bust something from left field.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

dredd i knight

Post by dredd i knight » Tue May 12, 2009 3:26 am

beats me wrote:I'd really like to join in the conversation that this has degenerated to, but despite all my sarcasm, this really has me freaked the fuck out. The only thing I can compare it to is the feeling right after a sudden breakup of a long term relationship where you spend every waking minute feeling like the world is no longer the same and a really ugly place, with the added twist of feeling like you need to look behind your back at all times and don't want to go outside after dark.

Blah...I keep typing shit and then deleting. Guess I don't have the focus or stamina for this right now.
the world is ugly dude, and bad shit happens ALL THE TIME.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Tue May 12, 2009 3:57 am

beats me wrote:I'd really like to join in the conversation that this has degenerated to, but despite all my sarcasm, this really has me freaked the fuck out. The only thing I can compare it to is the feeling right after a sudden breakup of a long term relationship where you spend every waking minute feeling like the world is no longer the same and a really ugly place, with the added twist of feeling like you need to look behind your back at all times and don't want to go outside after dark.

Mike, do your local cops offer victim support? Because that is what you are - a victim of a crime. When our house got burgled years ago, the cops who came round also dropped over a pamphlet describing the feelings we might be going through, with contact numbers to ring if you wanted to talk it over with someone. What you're going thru is COMPLETELY normal and human. Don't believe anyone who says "get over it" or "toughen up" etc... Not calling you or anyone else a wooss, and it's not over-reacting or being a drama queen to feel like you do now. Sometimes even knowing that you're not the only one experiencing these feelings can help you process them, which may or may not lead to taking steps to reconcile them. If you wanna talk, PM me buddy.

I think this might have been the pamphlet our cops gave us:
http://www.victimsupport.org.nz/files/p ... upport.pdf

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Tue May 12, 2009 4:04 am

EDIT:

After seeing how freaked out you are, I had to remove that gif.

I have been robbed more than once, and it sucks, but hey, at least it wasn't your "friends" breaking in.

Association between rap and crime = retarded

Moving out because you live next to criminals = totally sensible

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Tue May 12, 2009 4:08 am

Waaaay to go John, hide behind an alias and take potshots. :roll: Feelings are "gay" ... grow up.

Feelings are actually pretty useful things for making GOOD music, BTW.
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Tue May 12, 2009 4:18 am

Actually, I didn't say Beat's feelings were gay, the gif said this thread was gay, which it mostly is, with the exception of a few posts, and I recanted my gif-statement anyway.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Tue May 12, 2009 4:27 am

ah, ok then

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Tue May 12, 2009 4:28 am

If i were you Beats, I would do a few things. Id go to radio shack and buy a couple of alarms. they have kinds that sound if two magnets are separated that you can put on doors and windows and ones that will sound if there is broken glass I would put some on every point of entry. I would also get a bar that goes across mid height along you sliding glass door. These things dont cost very much but are pretty effective against thugs. I would also go to a Private investigator and get all the information on them you can. This also should be surprisingly cheap. If they are facing prison time or they are getting slap on the wrist would effect if I leave immediately or not but I would definitely think about getting a new place soon as they will most likely be evicted and might be pissed off...you can get out of your lease with no penalties at least in my state. I would also be careful about what kind of situations I put myself in. I made the mistake of coming home drunk, tired and alone at night after telling a crack head to leave me the fuck alone after he asked me for my shoes and wallet a couple of times. I have scars to remind me not to do any thing like this ever again. Just make good decisions and youll be fine.

Forget a gun, get a battle axe.

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Tue May 12, 2009 4:32 am

john doe by choice wrote: the gif said this thread was gay, .
You mean this thread likes to get it on with other threads of the same gender, crazy!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue May 12, 2009 4:39 am

scott nathaniel wrote:
You mean this thread likes to get it on with other threads of the same gender, crazy!
seriously, what a tool.

dipshit by choice - next time you hear a noise in the middle of the night I hope you're not as lucky as Beats was. idiot.

edit - actually no, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Tue May 12, 2009 4:48 am

Tone Deft wrote:
scott nathaniel wrote:
seriously, what a tool.

dipshit by choice - next time you hear a noise in the middle of the night I hope you're not as lucky as Beats was. idiot.

edit - actually no, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Huh?

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Tue May 12, 2009 4:50 am

Apparently more
Pitch Black wrote: wires x'ed on teh interweb :lol:
If you look at the whole post instead of just that small part quoted by scott nathaniel, you'll see:
john doe by choice wrote:Actually, I didn't say Beat's feelings were gay, the gif said this thread was gay, which it mostly is, with the exception of a few posts, and I recanted my gif-statement anyway.
Which was refering to a gif I edited out to say this:
john doe by choice wrote:After seeing how freaked out you are, I had to remove that gif.

I have been robbed more than once, and it sucks, but hey, at least it wasn't your "friends" breaking in.

Association between rap and crime = retarded

Moving out because you live next to criminals = totally sensible
and I totally agree with :
scott nathaniel wrote:Huh?

aisling

Post by aisling » Tue May 12, 2009 4:52 am

this thread should be about supporting beats me and not arguing over nonsense.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.