Apogee Duet users

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bendybones

Apogee Duet users

Post by bendybones » Tue May 12, 2009 11:00 am

The firewire cable that comes with the Duet is like no other!
Really flexible and connectors give a tight fit.
I've looked around lots but can't find where to buy one.

Does anyone know where I can get one?

Or is anyone willing to sell their FW cable?
MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.5.8, Live 8 Suite, Logic Studio 9, Ultralite Mk3

bendybones

Re: Apogee Duet users

Post by bendybones » Wed May 13, 2009 12:42 pm

no one?

thefinger

Post by thefinger » Wed May 13, 2009 5:57 pm

sorry dude, i had the same problem. i really love that firewire cable. so skinny and doesnt manhandle my logic board :) Ive looked all over but i cant find one that isnt super duper thick. let me know if you do find one.

honestly it was one of the main selling points of the duet. well ... that and the badass hardware that came with it.

bendybones

Post by bendybones » Wed May 13, 2009 6:45 pm

thefinger wrote:sorry dude, i had the same problem. i really love that firewire cable. so skinny and doesnt manhandle my logic board :) Ive looked all over but i cant find one that isnt super duper thick. let me know if you do find one.

honestly it was one of the main selling points of the duet. well ... that and the badass hardware that came with it.
I asked tech support (the only people I could get in touch with in Apogee) and they were like 'what? it's just a regular FW cable'
:?
But they did say that I could contact them by phone in tech support so they could create a sales order for a cable.
They added a suggestion that getting one locally would be much cheaper considering customs and shipping to Ireland.
So I'm not sure what they wanna charge but I'd prolly end up paying more for the call from Ireland to their tech support (U.S.)

I did find one company but they only take large bulk orders - they are prolly the folks who manufactured the Duet's FW cables for Apogee.
Can't find the link ATM.

thefinger

Post by thefinger » Sat May 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Rave wrote:
thefinger wrote:sorry dude, i had the same problem. i really love that firewire cable. so skinny and doesnt manhandle my logic board :) Ive looked all over but i cant find one that isnt super duper thick. let me know if you do find one.

Is this sex code?
lol. everything i say is a sex code.

bendybones

Post by bendybones » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:23 am

BOOYA!!
Found them here

Incidentally the Lacie Ruggeds at Apple Store are cheaper than Komplett and Thomann!
Just picked up a 320.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:27 am

bendybones wrote:The firewire cable that comes with the Duet is like no other!
Really flexible and connectors give a tight fit.
I've looked around lots but can't find where to buy one.

Does anyone know where I can get one?

Or is anyone willing to sell their FW cable?
the original apple firewire cable is like that, i love it. it's bloody expensive but ultra thin, extremely flexible and still feels really "solid" also the plugs sit way tighter and really 'click' in compared to any other firewire cable i use.

worth the extra money.

you get that where they stock a lot of apple accessorize and in apple stores.
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:30 am

bendybones wrote:

BOOYA!!
Found them here

Incidentally the Lacie Ruggeds at Apple Store are cheaper than Komplett and Thomann!
Just picked up a 320.

ahhh... you got it, that is the one.
*** Image GAFM ***