Rediscovering a band years after you first heard it

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nebulae

Re: Rediscovering a band years after you first heard it

Post by nebulae » Thu May 14, 2009 10:25 pm

Homebelly wrote:
nebulae wrote:^ I think I love New Order BECAUSE they're horrible musicians. But they are brilliant music makers! And I can relate to that :)
I try and argue this difference with so many people.
Its quite sad really how many people don't quite get the difference.
I find it funny how many people think that, for example, the American Idol singers are gods...I mean I'll grant that they are technically superior to many MANY singer out there, but most of the Idols have very little music-making ability. That's why they tend to be forgettable, whereas no-talent "hacks" like New Order remain relevant and influential well beyond their years.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu May 14, 2009 10:28 pm

Wall of Voodoo. Fuck those guys were great; way ahead of their time. Dragged out a couple of their discs 3 months ago and haven't stopped listening.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

mkelly

Post by mkelly » Thu May 14, 2009 11:38 pm

New Order appreciation thread!

There are few songs in this world better than This Time Of Night on Low Life. It's not complex. It's just got enough of everything that makes a top song.
Live 7, Logic Studio 8, Mac Pro 8-core/2.26/6GB, OS X 10.5.6, Saffire Pro 40, Alesis M1 Active 520s, Remote SL 37, Virus TI Snow, Nord Rack 2, Zebra 2, Sylenth1

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu May 14, 2009 11:45 pm

and while we're at it, how long do you think before hooky gets his head out of his arse and the band resumes?

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Thu May 14, 2009 11:51 pm

nebulae wrote:and while we're at it, how long do you think before hooky gets his head out of his arse and the band resumes?
I'm guessing it will be about the time the filter sweep on his DJ mixer falls off.
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

mkelly

Post by mkelly » Thu May 14, 2009 11:59 pm

Sumner has a new band on the go supposedly called "Bad Lieutenant". He performed a new track on a UK TV programme earlier this year. Wasn't a bad track.
Live 7, Logic Studio 8, Mac Pro 8-core/2.26/6GB, OS X 10.5.6, Saffire Pro 40, Alesis M1 Active 520s, Remote SL 37, Virus TI Snow, Nord Rack 2, Zebra 2, Sylenth1

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri May 15, 2009 12:01 am

Homebelly wrote:
nebulae wrote:and while we're at it, how long do you think before hooky gets his head out of his arse and the band resumes?
I'm guessing it will be about the time the filter sweep on his DJ mixer falls off.
:lol: :lol: perfect...although I suspect that knob is the only thing that's anchoring him to the DJ booth...if the knob goes, so does hooky!

(ever see a middle aged fat man fly out of an elevated dj booth....oh wait, that happened to me once...)

outsidesys

Post by outsidesys » Fri May 15, 2009 3:56 am

More synth pop from the same record label that brought you New Order:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkbygh4q ... re=related