This Live4 POS is merely a toy for seedy DJ types

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ted Nugent

This Live4 POS is merely a toy for seedy DJ types

Post by Ted Nugent » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:48 pm

- and I can't stand smelly DJ's. You call those mixes and mashes music? Pfffft. Even a kindergarden punk can wobble a bunch of loops over a D&B track and create the kind of noise those dolts crank out. Here's a clue. Learn some real musical foundation. You know........theory, chordal systems, modes, etc. Shoot, even the chromatic scale might come in useful. On the other hand, there's tremendous comedy value in those little goofball mixes. :lol:

Lucid

Post by Lucid » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:28 pm

I may smell bad and know absolutely nothing about music, but your bow-hunting skill is nothing compared with mine.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:50 am

I already warned you once, don't make me reveal who you are.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:18 am

point?

tjwett

Post by tjwett » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:58 pm

Ted Nugent,

do you get erect only after people begin to reply to your retarded comments or can you get aroused just by waiting for them to respond? and when you do finally blow your load all over your mousepad do you usually eat it all right away or do you wait for your mother to get home so you can share? don't forget to warm it up, she likes it hot. she used to anyway.

Ted Nugent

Post by Ted Nugent » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:I already warned you once, don't make me reveal who you are.
Ahhhhh shaddup. If you think you know something, then throw down, nimrod. Otherwise, shut yer piehole before I have to come over there and tear you a new one. :lol:

funkmaster

Re: This Live4 POS is merely a toy for seedy DJ types

Post by funkmaster » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:22 pm

Ted Nugent wrote: Here's a clue. Learn some real musical foundation. You know........theory, chordal systems, modes, etc. Shoot, even the chromatic scale might come in useful.
Especially then you´ll find live useful - it is an amazing tool to get your musical ideas quickly recorded, combine them into new structures, rearrange them and by this means to develop nice music. So, what´s your problem?
--------------------------------
System:
Pentium IV 3,06 GHz, 1Gb RAM
Windows XP home SP2
M-Audio Delta66
Live 4.1.1, FL 5.0.2, Reason 3.0,
ReCycle 2.1, Rebirth 2.01,
Sonar 4.0.2 Prod., Project5 1.5, WaveLab 5.00, Kinetic, NI-stuff etc

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:24 pm

You fucking retard. You think music revolves around THEORY?? You think music THEORY is a bunch of RULES.

You fucking idiot. :roll: I can't believe there are people like you in the world, if Hitler had promised to kill all stupid people, i'd be a Nazi! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:31 pm

Ted Nugent wrote:
Ahhhhh shaddup. If you think you know something, then throw down, nimrod. Otherwise, shut yer piehole before I have to come over there and tear you a new one. :lol:

I'm attempting to be civil with you, and I wish you'd do the same, we're interested in your thoughts regarding live and music. but your attitude and the antagonistic way that you carry yourself on this forum really takes
alot of potential away from the discussions we could be having with you.

I'm going to count on your good will and ask again that you show the forum the respect it deserves and join in so that you can receive that respect also, please don't continue on in this way, don't force my hand.

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:57 pm

Hey Ted ... Do you still have that shotgun guitar that was featured on one of your guitar covers? It was so cool so NRA for sure!!! That song Wango Tango I'm really intrigued by it. What is it about and why did you write it? What sequencing software did you use back then or was it hardware? Did you use the Roland MC4?

Please tell us your sequencer of choice so that we can all create fantastic albums as the ones you have released. BTW when is your next release out?
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:06 pm

cosmosuave wrote:Hey Ted ... Do you still have that shotgun guitar that was featured on one of your guitar covers? It was so cool so NRA for sure!!! That song Wango Tango I'm really intrigued by it. What is it about and why did you write it? What sequencing software did you use back then or was it hardware? Did you use the Roland MC4?

Please tell us your sequencer of choice so that we can all create fantastic albums as the ones you have released. BTW when is your next release out?
*takes slice of sarcasm, sticks it in pocket*

-Paws

cosmosuave

Cool Hat Ted!!!

Post by cosmosuave » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:39 pm

Wow Ted you look so cool with that hat.. Could you cut us Ableton users a deal if we order that hat... I mean that is sooooo Rock and Rooooollll... Is that how you get all the groupies because us Pocket protector toting geeks need all the help we can get.... Please cut us a deal...
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

Chris J

Post by Chris J » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:29 pm

Amberience wrote: if Hitler had promised to kill all stupid people, i'd be a Nazi! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Oh dear, you already are. Stupidity is very subjective to say the least. Hitler had his own definition of stupid people. what's yours ?

Nugent Snr

Post by Nugent Snr » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:34 pm

Hey Ted!
Stick to the chainsaw boy, you aint cut out for music
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 395361.stm :mrgreen:

Dad

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:59 pm

mr. "nugent" you're gonna look real fuckin funny pickin up your teeth with broken fingers