[5534] copy protection violation? thanks for that

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
john doe by choice

Re: [5534] copy protection violation? thanks for that

Post by john doe by choice » Wed May 20, 2009 9:21 pm

b0unce wrote:If you really want the drama, start another thread and I'll browbeat you there instead.
Respect your Dom's wishes and keep the heat out of this thread, or maybe you're the hypocrite ?
(btw - you're rhetorical question is flawed, if it even bothered me to begin with... it would make me a masochist - not a hypocrite. I'm neither)
I'm not making bullshit comments about technical aspects of Live, which is what he asked you to stop, if you go back and read his posts again.

Also, suggesting to someone to use the foe feature of the forums (a feature that, if I am correct, removes from the users sight posts made by people they have selected to be a foe), but not using said feature, makes you a hypocrite, since, as I said, you treat the whole forum as your foe; you don't like anyone here, you don't offer anything positive or useful, you don't treat anyone with any amount of respect at any time, and you bitch about things that have nothing to do with this forum. By suggesting to someone to use the "foe" feature, but not applying that suggestion to yourself, your suggestion qualifies as hypocrisy, and if you're going to play some english-major, argument-is-flawed crap, at least figure out the difference between "your" and "you're" so you can have the upper ground you so valiantly love to insult people from.

But wait, if you used the foe feature on everyone here you didn't like, this forum would appear to be empty to you, and you'd have no reason to come here and be an asshole, a behavior that is obviously one you choose, according to your user post history.

Seriously, Dom should just out you already, it's the least you deserve with your terrible post history - if you're going to be an ass, at least do it from a real profile. As it is, none of your posts have any balls or weight behind them, you're just another internet troll, with nothing substantial to give.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed May 20, 2009 9:22 pm

john doe by choice - what was your old login name? I didn't catch when you switched. no matter, just curious.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Wed May 20, 2009 9:35 pm

Tone Deft wrote:john doe by choice - what was your old login name? I didn't catch when you switched. no matter, just curious.
I act the same on my other profile as I do on this one, and actually use it way less...also, I don't post under that profile because it has a direct connection to a myspace profile I have which has been stalked on by some dumbass just because I got the url first, which is fucking lame, and I wouldn't put it past this person to stalk me here, either.

Anyway, I'm not trolling from this profile, which is the point - bounce's profile is made for being an ass, just like when smutek got caught busting your balls from his troll profile, only bounce is a little more subtle than that. If I were trolling, I would expect to be outed, but I'm not 100% prick to everyone all the time, just as you're not, even if we can both be pricks sometimes. bounce, however, is full-on hard-on all of the time, an approach which is on a different level entirely.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed May 20, 2009 9:37 pm

john doe by choice wrote:
b0unce wrote:If you really want the drama, start another thread and I'll browbeat you there instead.
Respect your Dom's wishes and keep the heat out of this thread, or maybe you're the hypocrite ?
(btw - you're rhetorical question is flawed, if it even bothered me to begin with... it would make me a masochist - not a hypocrite. I'm neither)
I'm not making bullshit comments about technical aspects of Live, which is what he asked you to stop, if you go back and read his posts again.
Seriously - what's wrong with you ? I have already 'stopped' at his request - (infact I only asked ONCE, it's hard to STOP a question after it's been asked). We had a little post-question chat, and it's done with. You have already replied to my final post on that issue, so you must have read it. Other than that I have tried to stay out of the thread but you have special needs... so here I am, addressing them.
john doe by choice wrote: Also, suggesting to someone to use the foe feature of the forums (a feature that, if I am correct, removes from the users sight posts made by people they have selected to be a foe), but not using said feature, makes you a hypocrite, since, as I said, you treat the whole forum as your foe; you don't like anyone here, you don't offer anything positive or useful, you don't treat anyone with any amount of respect at any time, and you bitch about things that have nothing to do with this forum.
I don't need to use the FOE feature. I put forward my opinions, but when have I cried for someone to be banned ? Never. If I did, I'd use the FOE feature - that's what it's there for. You're crying for me to be banned and the powers-that-be don't agree, you need to use the FOE feature. Simple.
john doe by choice wrote: By suggesting to someone to use the "foe" feature, but not applying that suggestion to yourself, your suggestion qualifies as hypocrisy, and if you're going to play some english-major, argument-is-flawed crap, at least figure out the difference between "your" and "you're" so you can have the upper ground you so valiantly love to insult people from.
Read above. And on the topic of hypocrisy, as I said above - it doesn't apply to me here & now. It's certainly applying to you though. So much thirst for drama where clearly Dom doesn't want it. The difference between your and you're ? ....now your clutching at straws [sic]
john doe by choice wrote: But wait, if you used the foe feature on everyone here you didn't like, this forum would appear to be empty to you, and you'd have no reason to come here and be an asshole, a behavior that is obviously one you choose, according to your user post history.
Again, missing the point of the FOE feature and running with fevered logic.
john doe by choice wrote: Seriously, Dom should just out you already, it's the least you deserve with your terrible post history - if you're going to be an ass, at least do it from a real profile. As it is, none of your posts have any balls or weight behind them, you're just another internet troll, with nothing substantial to give.
Hehe, funny 'outting' should be perceived as a punitive measure by you, 'John Doe' by choice. Hypocrite by nature.

Dom...can you tell your Sub to pipe down ? Or may I continue to ask innocuous on-topic questions please ?
spreader of butter

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed May 20, 2009 9:41 pm

I only ask because your judgment of b0unce goes beyond that last few months.
john doe by choice wrote:bounce, however, is full-on hard-on all of the time, an approach which is on a different level entirely.
I haven't seen this for quite some time.

I believe it's dom's fight you're fighting. dom can handle it.

sorry someone creeped you out like that. keep it in context, it's just teh interweb.

still curious who you are, probably someone I 'knew.'
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Wed May 20, 2009 9:56 pm

b0unce wrote:
john doe by choice wrote:
Seriously - what's wrong with you ? I have already 'stopped' at his request - (infact I only asked ONCE, it's hard to STOP a question after it's been asked). We had a little post-question chat, and it's done with. You have already replied to my final post on that issue, so you must have read it. Other than that I have tried to stay out of the thread but you have special needs... so here I am, addressing them.
john doe by choice wrote: Also, suggesting to someone to use the foe feature of the forums (a feature that, if I am correct, removes from the users sight posts made by people they have selected to be a foe), but not using said feature, makes you a hypocrite, since, as I said, you treat the whole forum as your foe; you don't like anyone here, you don't offer anything positive or useful, you don't treat anyone with any amount of respect at any time, and you bitch about things that have nothing to do with this forum.
I don't need to use the FOE feature. I put forward my opinions, but when have I cried for someone to be banned ? Never. If I did, I'd use the FOE feature - that's what it's there for. You're crying for me to be banned and the powers-that-be don't agree, you need to use the FOE feature. Simple.
Not crying for you to be banned, suggesting it, since you still can't prove you have anything worthwhile to offer. And the powers-that-be haven't said they don't agree, and I know for a fact I can find a post in another thread where Dom told you to knock it off.
b0unce wrote:
john doe by choice wrote: By suggesting to someone to use the "foe" feature, but not applying that suggestion to yourself, your suggestion qualifies as hypocrisy, and if you're going to play some english-major, argument-is-flawed crap, at least figure out the difference between "your" and "you're" so you can have the upper ground you so valiantly love to insult people from.
Read above. And on the topic of hypocrisy, as I said above - it doesn't apply to me here & now. It's certainly applying to you though. So much thirst for drama where clearly Dom doesn't want it. The difference between your and you're ? ....now your clutching at straws [sic]

Again, you should read above, he was telling you (much as he's told crash) to stop making uneducated statements about technical aspects of Live. Also, no clutching at straws, I just see from your post history that you roll like that.

b0unce wrote:
john doe by choice wrote: But wait, if you used the foe feature on everyone here you didn't like, this forum would appear to be empty to you, and you'd have no reason to come here and be an asshole, a behavior that is obviously one you choose, according to your user post history.
Again, missing the point of the FOE feature and running with fevered logic.
I love it when someone who is failing tells someone else they are missing the point.
b0unce wrote:
john doe by choice wrote: Seriously, Dom should just out you already, it's the least you deserve with your terrible post history - if you're going to be an ass, at least do it from a real profile. As it is, none of your posts have any balls or weight behind them, you're just another internet troll, with nothing substantial to give.
Hehe, funny 'outting' should be perceived as a punitive measure by you, 'John Doe' by choice. Hypocrite by nature.

Dom...can you tell your Sub to pipe down ? Or may I continue to ask innocuous on-topic questions please ?
It's a moniker, not an attempt at being an anonymous ass, unlike your profile. Seriously, just go back and look at your own posts, then try telling us all with a straight face that you have the welfare of the Ableton Live community in mind.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed May 20, 2009 9:59 pm

john doe by choice wrote: bounce's profile is made for being an ass, just like when smutek got caught busting your balls from his troll profile

hehe, NOTHING like when Smutek was GHOST-NICKING to troll Tone. I don't ghost-nick, I have NEVER ghost-nicked. I have ALWAYS been a one-profile-at-a-time person. Dom, the guy with access to IPs etc, obviously knows this. Seriously, you're deluded if you think I can be 'outted' in some way. Second to that, my attitude's been consistent fairly consistent.

Tone, dunno what his previous profile was, but he's only been this butt-hurt since I pointed out he was an ingrate in one of his OT threads. The one where his bogus family neglected to care for their Uncle (or some other relative), and when he finally died he left his hard-earned scrilla to the carer instead. Life's tough. As much as you're a petulant little shit John Doe, I still don't wish your Uncle's fate on you. Although, if it does happen - I would say you'd be fully entitled to leave your life's worth, all $68, to whatever immigrant your kids hire to wipe your ass.
spreader of butter

epiphanius

Post by epiphanius » Wed May 20, 2009 10:02 pm

"you should really be concerned what is happening on your machine in general and messing with the content of your files"

Sorry, Dom but I find your post to be both patronising and disturbing - enough so that I am now seriously reconsidering the upgrade to Live 8. It's one thing for there to be such a stupid error message, another for Ableton to respond in this manner, rather than addressing the problem - preferably by getting rid of pace.

"actually there's only one way to trigger that message: to modify the live executable itself."

If this is true today, it certainly was NOT true last year. I have had this with Live 7 (6?), and am not in the habit of modifying executables. The message itself is inaccurate and annoying - as was asked upthread, what business is it of ableton to worry about copyright violations?

And you state later in thread that something else entirely (warmverb) in fact triggered the message. Not feeling very good about support now.

/reads Carl's post

Better.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Wed May 20, 2009 10:03 pm

Tone Deft wrote:I only ask because your judgment of b0unce goes beyond that last few months.
john doe by choice wrote:bounce, however, is full-on hard-on all of the time, an approach which is on a different level entirely.
I haven't seen this for quite some time.
Tone Deft wrote:I believe it's dom's fight you're fighting. dom can handle it.
Agreed. I just don't care for bounce's approach, and he's not exactly a nice person, as far as as that profile.
Tone Deft wrote:sorry someone creeped you out like that. keep it in context, it's just teh interweb.
Not creeped out, annoyed that someone is trying to get my profile deleted for stupid shit.
Tone Deft wrote:still curious who you are, probably someone I 'knew.'
One day soon, I'll pass you some tunes, if you'd like.
Last edited by john doe by choice on Wed May 20, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed May 20, 2009 10:04 pm

john doe by choice wrote: *repetitive gibberish that's already been addressed*

Again, you should read above, he was telling you (much as he's told crash) to stop making uneducated statements about technical aspects of Live. Also, no clutching at straws, I just see from your post history that you roll like that.
seriously - take a deep breath - look back at the posts, and actually see me do what Dom asked me to do. And see where you do the complete opposite. I feel I've addressed your concerns, should you raise anything else worthwhile I'll try my best not to call in to question your mental health in my reply.
spreader of butter

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed May 20, 2009 10:08 pm

epiphanius wrote:"you should really be concerned what is happening on your machine in general and messing with the content of your files"

Sorry, Dom but I find your post to be both patronising and disturbing - enough so that I am now seriously reconsidering the upgrade to Live 8. It's one thing for there to be such a stupid error message, another for Ableton to respond in this manner, rather than addressing the problem - preferably by getting rid of pace.

"actually there's only one way to trigger that message: to modify the live executable itself."

If this is true today, it certainly was NOT true last year. I have had this with Live 7 (6?), and am not in the habit of modifying executables. The message itself is inaccurate and annoying - as was asked upthread, what business is it of ableton to worry about copyright violations?

And you state later in thread that something else entirely (warmverb) in fact triggered the message. Not feeling very good about support now.

/reads Carl's post

Better.
PACE isn't used by ableton, thank god. But I have encountered a copy-protection related bug with Ableton before, on live 6 - which wasn't fixed at all.
spreader of butter

epiphanius

Post by epiphanius » Wed May 20, 2009 10:14 pm

>>PACE isn't used by ableton, thank god.

I made the mistake of taking your earlier comment literally, bounce. I should have known better :D

I have gotten this error, it is most disturbing, and this thread is exactly the right place to discuss it - non?

e.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed May 20, 2009 10:21 pm

epiphanius wrote:>>PACE isn't used by ableton, thank god.

I made the mistake of taking your earlier comment literally, bounce. I should have known better :D

I have gotten this error, it is most disturbing, and this thread is exactly the right place to discuss it - non?

e.
Absolutely my friend.
Ab-so-lutely.

In my earlier comment I said 'Imagine', you didn't take it as literally as you thought....My point was that there are WORSE copy-protection bugs out there. I didn't think my post was ambiguous.
spreader of butter

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed May 20, 2009 10:24 pm

Given the way this thread has turned out, I'd like to share my story of the copy-protection bug that was never resolved in live6.

But I won't.

Drama = OK
Pertinent Questions/Anecdotes = Verboten
spreader of butter

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Wed May 20, 2009 10:29 pm

b0unce wrote: But I have encountered a copy-protection related bug with Ableton before, on live 6 - which wasn't fixed at all.
b0unce wrote:In my earlier comment I said 'Imagine', you didn't take it as literally as you thought....My point was that there are WORSE copy-protection bugs out there. I didn't think my post was ambiguous.
So are you saying there's a reproducible way to trigger this message in the current version of Live that has been there since Live 6?