OT How many of you believe in aliens?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

How many of you believe in aliens?

Yes
42%
No
9%
Maybe some wheres far away
49%

Total votes: 96

DaffyDub

Re: OT How many of you believe in aliens?

Post by DaffyDub » Sat May 16, 2009 7:14 pm

How many aliens believe in human beings????
More bass in the hihat
http://www.youtube.com/DAFFYDUBBY

first 124 posts as: Overdub

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat May 16, 2009 7:16 pm

since those damn Sumerian 'gods' infected us with the babylon/lingua virus, all us aliens believe we are humans.

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Sat May 16, 2009 7:17 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
Android Bishop wrote:re-engineering their biology combined with synthetic AI to create something superior to themselves, which in turn creates something even better, and so forth in a cascade that leads to an unprecedented explosion of evolutionary change in a rapid period of time) which would probably put their technology and culture at a point where zipping around the universe and abducting creatures from other planets would seem unimaginably juvenile, primitive, and unnecessary.
nah, take our civilization. we're fixated on penis pills and symptom relief instead of cures.

more likely it would be an advanced civilization where the males had 12,000 penises and the females had size 40,000 ZZZZ breasts. where's Douglas Adams when you need him? he's with the mice now...
hey superior is superior, including the # of genitalia one has.

On the real though, we are just in the beginning stages of re-engineering biology. We still have a ways to go before we're creating superior brain technologies. By the time we're at that point of technological sophistication, I'm sure most of the penis and titty issues will be covered to free up some scientists' time.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat May 16, 2009 7:19 pm

lol at all the above posts.

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

abort

Post by abort » Sat May 16, 2009 7:26 pm

has anyone tried sending sonar through space? stupid question never mind.

How about sending some kinda partial wave through space ..something that could be picked up and sent back.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Sat May 16, 2009 7:29 pm

All kinds of stuff are sent out intentionally and unintentionally.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat May 16, 2009 7:30 pm

no air means no sound waves, right?

we sent Voyager out there with a gold record and instructions on how to play it. read up on that, it's a weird problem. how do you indicate direction on the record? you can't put an arrow, that's a human invention. interesting problem to solve.

at Burning Man they've had a camp that sent laser beams into space, enter your message and see if there's a response.

I've also heard of a theory of why we're royally screwing ourselves by having such a noisy planet, IOW ALL our TV and radio signals go out into space. what if there are aliens out there that pillage planets? those would be the ones traveling around, we're leading them to our front door.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

aisling

Post by aisling » Sat May 16, 2009 7:32 pm

abort wrote:has anyone tried sending sonar through space? stupid question never mind.

How about sending some kinda partial wave through space ..something that could be picked up and sent back.
I would if a 17hz sine wave make an alien shit their pants just like us humans?
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sat May 16, 2009 7:37 pm

what do you chaps make of time-travel ? you know, in conceptual terms...
All those humanoid aliens the hillbillies see could be time-traveling super humans. Or something
spreader of butter

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Sat May 16, 2009 7:40 pm

b0unce wrote:what do you chaps make of time-travel ? you know, in conceptual terms...
All those humanoid aliens the hillbillies see could be time-traveling super humans. Or something
There is only now, and like Neal Cassidy, I'm almost there, gotta go just a bit faster, faster......

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Sat May 16, 2009 7:51 pm

scott nathaniel wrote:
b0unce wrote:what do you chaps make of time-travel ? you know, in conceptual terms...
There is only now, and like Neal Cassidy, I'm almost there, gotta go just a bit faster, faster......

Agreed. the present moment is the only one that exists. the trick to living life fully is to get as in touch with it as you can.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Sat May 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Sure, it's possible; time's just a dimensional reference point. The four dimensions that we perceive are length, width, depth and duration. Duration's time; the only reason we don't perceive it as another dimension like the first three is that we're traveling along it, and not looking at it from a 90 degree angle.

Time reversals were often reported in the psychedelic experiments done by the government and universities during the late '50s/early '60s

ew

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat May 16, 2009 9:02 pm

Android Bishop wrote:
scott nathaniel wrote:

Agreed. the present moment is the only one that exists. the trick to living life fully is to get as in touch with it as you can.
hmm, I think General Relativity may have something to say about this undisputable 'now' you speak of.
We have moved on from the classical view of time as a smooth linear flow, spacetime is pretty widely accepted these days and so a fat chick can now alter your watch with her local mass.

As far as actual time-travel, you need to define your terms. Are we talking about sending a physical person, or some information?
There are a few ongoing experiments that use Superposition to send information back into the past (retrocausality). As I said, they are ongoing and have no results yet and there's obviously a bit of a debate about when any results may turn up. IE .. 1952?
Last edited by Angstrom on Sat May 16, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nowtime

Post by nowtime » Sat May 16, 2009 9:03 pm

Yes, along the lines of Time as an accessible dimension and re-engineering your own biology and AI, I fully believe that there are beings on this planet outside of our sense of sight. Wether they are terrestial or extra-terrrestial or both, I don't know. But it seems if there were aliens from another world here on earth, they would likely travel without ships or maybe even bodies. They would "be" here in a different dimension.
Life is Good

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Sun May 17, 2009 12:29 am

There is alot going on up in the skies and on the moon. How many people here use a telescope regularly to watch the moon? On many occasions I've seen interestingly questionable things flying up there. No word of a lie, but one particular night I watched many objects floating right in front of the moon, changing course and moving about. They were shiny and metallic. Some were casting shadow on the lunar surface. I even got other members of my family to come see, and they were puzzled. My telescope is a 700mm focal length tele, and at that level of focus its not possible that it was inside our atmosphere.

When you watch the moon for 10 minutes straight usually within that time frame you will see transient lunar phenomenon (TLPs) go by. The moon would make an excellent rendez-vous for visitors that may have discovered us. If thats what your mind is open to.