Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
outershpongolia

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by outershpongolia » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Sage wrote:Image

Couple of new additions :mrgreen:
^ yeah what Rave said.

And are you using that monitor we can barely see above the setup? I need one so I can throw my plug-ins on it and not have to worry about opening and closing them every time I need them.

Rave

Post by Rave » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:48 pm

outershpongolia wrote:
Sage wrote:Image

Couple of new additions :mrgreen:
^ yeah what Rave said.

And are you using that monitor we can barely see above the setup? I need one so I can throw my plug-ins on it and not have to worry about opening and closing them every time I need them.
You can extend to two monitors with a macbook fella so you can do this e.g plugs on the macbook and ableton on the external or vice versa :)

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:56 pm

^ Yeah I've got a macbook pro, used to connect my PC laptop with S-video, composite, VGA whatever I wanted.. Now with this Apple I have to get their little adapter and I can't just go to s-video or composite i'm pretty sure i'm stuck with VGA, HDMI, etc.. that's all good tho I guess.

and yeah, the plan is to have Live on the lappy and the plug-ins on the seperate monitor (doesn't have to be big), just so I can get those out of the way until I use them..

Could you imagine VST's that open like Live devices do? down on the device bar or whatever you want to call it, i'm sure they're some that do but I wish I could get massive to scrunch into that space.. yeah right!

Rave

Post by Rave » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:01 pm

outershpongolia wrote:^ Yeah I've got a macbook pro, used to connect my PC laptop with S-video, composite, VGA whatever I wanted.. Now with this Apple I have to get their little adapter and I can't just go to s-video or composite i'm pretty sure i'm stuck with VGA, HDMI, etc.. that's all good tho I guess.

and yeah, the plan is to have Live on the lappy and the plug-ins on the seperate monitor (doesn't have to be big), just so I can get those out of the way until I use them..

Could you imagine VST's that open like Live devices do? down on the device bar or whatever you want to call it, i'm sure they're some that do but I wish I could get massive to scrunch into that space.. yeah right!

The adapters cost fook all. I wouldnt let that hold you back.

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:18 pm

outershpongolia wrote:^ yeah what Rave said.

I haven't got it plugged in right now, but yeah I do use it. It's a LCD TV, so I'm more likely to end up half watching TV instead.

As for the 'table', got to sort out how to utilise the space on it better.

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:55 pm

pwdm wrote: No cats in my place.

What a nice rat. Wonderful little animals, & so smart.

No reason cats & rats can't learn to get along.

pwdm

Post by pwdm » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:36 pm

Cute pic but I would not let my girls come any where near a cat.(yep overprotective pet owner, but i can't help it.)

They freak out if they smell cat on me.

Would like to do some pics of rats and synths but the little buggers have a habit of peeing on things. Sort of mark there turf.
Facebook
Novation Nio, Novation Remote SL, Korg Padkontrol, Waldorf Blofeld, CME UF5, Ableton Live8, Max4Live, BCR2k, Akai APC20.

Aequitas123

Post by Aequitas123 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:58 pm

[quote="pwdm"]My little nest of cables.

nice setup!
whats the thing to the left of the guitar on the wall?

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:54 pm

pwdm wrote: Would like to do some pics of rats and synths but the little buggers have a habit of peeing on things. Sort of mark there turf.
It's one of their few faults. My sister & I had rats as pets all through our childhoods. Really quite amazing animals. If you get the opportunity to watch any documentaries on rats do check them out, they have remarkable capabilities. For example, here's one playing the flute.

pwdm

Post by pwdm » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:47 am

The thing on the left is my uncomplete Midibox. Been making it the last 5 years now. Its gone thru a few changes in design but It will be finished one day.

Note to anyone who thinks Midibox is cheap, it sure not if you add in manhours. But still great when it works and its your little baby,a one off.

And I know the all the rats we have had in the last 8 years are very clever, they outwit me on a regular basis.

But they do make great pets. Just make sure you get more than one as they like to live in groups. Nothing sadder than a depressed rat.
We try and keep a regular group of about 6 but take in strays that skew the numbers sometimes.

edit to add extra ahhh factor.
Facebook
Novation Nio, Novation Remote SL, Korg Padkontrol, Waldorf Blofeld, CME UF5, Ableton Live8, Max4Live, BCR2k, Akai APC20.

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:01 am

this makes me want some rats, but i have a full grown terror of a cat who will kill anything that moves, and 2 new kittens...im sure they would have a nice dinner...sad.
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:37 am

polyslax wrote:Added the Maschine back in the summer.

Simple but powerful, I like that. What Ovation is that? Just got one this summer and loving it so far....

necho

Post by necho » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:45 am

pwdm wrote: But they do make great pets. Just make sure you get more than one as they like to live in groups. Nothing sadder than a depressed rat.
We try and keep a regular group of about 6 but take in strays that skew the numbers sometimes.
I like the idea of an intelligent rodent... been thinking about rats for a while... but I still find them a bit... I dunno - eugh... I had some unpleasant rat experiences in India a while back.

And I don't think George would get on with them very well:

_________
sigs suck.

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:53 am

necho wrote:
pwdm wrote: But they do make great pets. Just make sure you get more than one as they like to live in groups. Nothing sadder than a depressed rat.
I like the idea of an intelligent rodent... been thinking about rats for a while... but I still find them a bit... I dunno - eugh... I had some unpleasant rat experiences in India a while back.

And I don't think George would get on with them very well:

Is George an ocicat?

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:06 am

Tarekith wrote:Simple but powerful, I like that. What Ovation is that? Just got one this summer and loving it so far....
Thanks T! Mine's an Elite. Picked her up in... 1990 I believe. I've always liked the way she plays and sounds.
Image Image